Groups

£700 Down...................

£700 down after my heating Oil was pinched last night..............great another bill to pay and trying to get insurance to pay out................
    Roll on 2011......best thing is police have said they will probley be back in 2 weeks as they know i will have to fill it up again.........
    Joy....................

63 Comments

Banned

Can't you keep it somewhere more secure?

And wait for them with a baseball bat

Original Poster

its in my front garden about 8 mtrs from the house............................

jeez sorry to hear that, nothings safe these days, I guess we will hear more of this sort of thing happening.

JonnyTwoToes

Can't you keep it somewhere more secure?

lol like where - in the kitchen oO

Original Poster

if anyone has any ideas please let me know as im scratching my head how to stop them...........

Supermod

I hope you get this sorted.

These thieves should be ashamed of themselves. Unfortunately, they wont.

chuf

if anyone has any ideas please let me know as im scratching my head how … if anyone has any ideas please let me know as im scratching my head how to stop them...........

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/9/128786900894101813.jpg

Banned

DAMNOME

lol like where - in the kitchen oO

Folks had underground storage in the garden.
    Edited by: "JonnyTwoToes" 27th Jan 2011

Don't they have anti theft alarm things you can fit?

Original Poster

worst thing is ive only had the delivery 2 weeks ago and had to wait over 6 weeks for that.............

It might be worth investing in one of these I know its more expence but it will be worth it in the long run

oiltanklock.co.uk/?p=…ome

Thats really bad. Nothing is safe nowadays.
    Can you not put some sort of lock on the tank?
    Can the police keep an eye on it for you, or put a cctv camera on it?

JonnyTwoToes

Folks had underground storage in the garden.

They didn't steal his tank just the oil! lol

That's awful. Booby trap the area???

Supermod

alfie73

It might be worth investing in one of these I know its more expence but … It might be worth investing in one of these I know its more expence but it will be worth it in the long run [url=http://www.oiltanklock.co.uk/?p=home]http://www.oiltanklock.co.uk/?p=home[/url]

Do you have a ballpark figure for the op to give this some further consideration? I guess it might be quite close to the loss he has already suffered so as you say, it might be worth it in the long run.

Can you look at getting some CCTV installed? at least act as some deterrent

chuf

worst thing is ive only had the delivery 2 weeks ago and had to wait over … worst thing is ive only had the delivery 2 weeks ago and had to wait over 6 weeks for that.............

Wonder if the thieves are following the tanker around and making note of the addresses that get deliveries or maybe they're paying off the driver for a list of addresses.....

In-laws live opposite a tanker driver, every few days he's topping up his own heating oil - they reckon he's not delivering the full amount to customers and saving some for himself.....

Supermod

nikkib123

That's awful. Booby trap the area???

Unfortunately that is against the law under Occupiers Liability Act 1984.

Shame though because (I shouldn't really say this but I agree with it) trespassers on land with the intent to deprive someone deserve to be involved in some kind of incident that ultimately teaches them a lesson.

Original Poster

Police who came round said i was lucky as the cut the lock of the tank, he said most are just cutting the fuel pipe and draing it that way and even worse drilling a hole at the bottom of the tank to drain it.................

Banned

You live rural right? So you already own the solution. A 12-bore!

So how much did you order? What was the price per litre?
    Just wondering how much the heating fuel is at the mo, don't answer if you don't want to.

Original Poster

Nice find................

DAMNOME

http://www.tankdepot.co.uk/shop/34_215_0/oil_tank_accessories/ancillary_equipment/lockable_2_inch_oil_tank_fill_point/index.html

Build a moat..!!! Wire the tank up to the mains.

Banned

GAVINLEWISHUKD

They didn't steal his tank just the oil! lol

Quite easy to secure underground storage.

Original Poster

1000 ltrs @ 63.95pl + vat = £671.48 this was order in november and deliverd 17th Jan

nikkib123

So how much did you order? What was the price per litre? Just wondering … So how much did you order? What was the price per litre? Just wondering how much the heating fuel is at the mo, don't answer if you don't want to.

Chances are they will just drain the pipe or something next time if you install a lock..
    Security camera with motion sensors?

chuf

1000 ltrs @ 63.95pl + vat = £671.48 this was order in november and … 1000 ltrs @ 63.95pl + vat = £671.48 this was order in november and deliverd 17th Jan

Wowzers!!

Original Poster

The thought had crossed my mind................was doing some spotting and shot them by mistake?????

dimebars

You live rural right? So you already own the solution. A 12-bore!

As you have said.. just as well you had a lock on it or they may have drilled the tank!
    Think the only thing you could really do is change it to an underground tank or at the very least try to relocate it around the back? i dunno.

Some really big guard dogs?

Banned

Jetpac

As you have said.. just as well you had a lock on it or they may have … As you have said.. just as well you had a lock on it or they may have drilled the tank!Think the only thing you could really do is change it to an underground tank or at the very least try to relocate it around the back? i dunno.

Underground..... that's a good idea. Wish I'd thought of that!

(Mods, face palm smiley needed)

can you put that stuff on it that Bruce Willis uses in the Jackal on his car...when the people touch it they start foaming at the mouth and die lol

Banned

numptyj

can you put that stuff on it that Bruce Willis uses in the Jackal on his … can you put that stuff on it that Bruce Willis uses in the Jackal on his car...when the people touch it they start foaming at the mouth and die lol

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................ lol oO

Original Poster

Asked the council if i could brick round it to secure it they said no way green belt..................
    unfortunatly i have open land front and back with foot path down side..........perhaps cameras and security lights round it so they can see what there doing..........................

Original Poster

got three little jackies not one barked!!!!! great gaurd dogs lol

patience_1

Some really big guard dogs?

Original Poster

Okay where do i get it lol worth a try..............................

numptyj

can you put that stuff on it that Bruce Willis uses in the Jackal on his … can you put that stuff on it that Bruce Willis uses in the Jackal on his car...when the people touch it they start foaming at the mouth and die lol

Can you noy disguise it better? Although the scroats already know where it is, at least its harder for other prying eyes.....

chuf

Asked the council if i could brick round it to secure it they said no way … Asked the council if i could brick round it to secure it they said no way green belt..................unfortunatly i have open land front and back with foot path down side..........perhaps cameras and security lights round it so they can see what there doing..........................

CCTV & Big Security lights should do the trick.The price of all oils will mean that more & more oil will be getting stole than ever before & Farmers will have to be on guard big time.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11
      2. Win a Mazona Olympus 8kW multi-fuel stove @ Gr8 Fires33
      3. Jazz apple slicer for the price of a stamp33
      4. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains55

See more discussions