720p dash cam

Found 27th JunEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
I guess this is why it is advisable to get a 1080p dash cam, this was taken with my 720p but can not see number plate, am I right to assume had I got the number plate I could have reported this driver? Is there anyway to enhance the video to get reg number of the green Toyota that ran the red light? He was another 2 cars behind but decided he was not waiting so pulled out and went round me and another car behind to fun the red light.

Community Updates
AskCameraPhoto & Video
12 Comments
I don’t know anything about editing it but most police forces let you submit. From your user name I presume your in Wales. If so this is where you would report it. gosafesnap.wales/
samtman1 h, 52 m ago

I don’t know anything about editing it but most police forces let you s …I don’t know anything about editing it but most police forces let you submit. From your user name I presume your in Wales. If so this is where you would report it. https://gosafesnap.wales/

They may not take the incident seriously as it seems to have been recorded in the future (27 July 2018).

Good to know what the weather will be in just under a month's time though.
Move on with your life and stop worrying about it. It's happened now.
artnada1 h, 19 m ago

Move on with your life and stop worrying about it. It's happened now.

Just as you would for a mugging or handbag snatch? Ah well. We all have different values.

OP; yes you could. On a wider note, be aware that some dashcams embed GPS speed data and that police may use that against you.
I would be complaining to the highways department about the ridiculously short phasing duration
My 4k dashcam would have struggled to pick that up tbh

Idiot drivers like that will get caught out eventually. Maybe he had a valid reason for endangering other people's lives. I doubt the police would have pursued it unless it involved an accident. Life is too short for idiots like that driver. Best to move on and be a good driver yourself :).
Your number plate is Y149 MCA and your dash cam is in an awful place

And really it's not that big a deal send it to one of the youtube channels rather than the popo
34167619-RiWrW.jpg
sillyoldbear1 h, 57 m ago

Your number plate is Y149 MCA and your dash cam is in an awful place And …Your number plate is Y149 MCA and your dash cam is in an awful place And really it's not that big a deal send it to one of the youtube channels rather than the popo

How did you manage that?
sillyoldbear11 h, 21 m ago

Your number plate is Y149 MCA and your dash cam is in an awful place And …Your number plate is Y149 MCA and your dash cam is in an awful place And really it's not that big a deal send it to one of the youtube channels rather than the popo

SOUTHWALES9 h, 24 m ago

How did you manage that?

There are a few frames in your posted footage where you may be able to determine the contents of the rear plate. Even with my poor eyesight I concur what what @sillyoldbear & @derekduggan posted earlier today..

If you wish to approach the owner of the Automated Teller Machine on the corner of the junction they may be able to confirm what is on the front registration plate from the video captured as the same vehicle approaches the building where the ATM is sited.

Given confirmation of which road/town the incident took place, at least one of the surrounding streets may be covered by a CCTV camera.

As mentioned above by @artnada, though, just move on.
34180891-wcEPh.jpg
deleted443772
ccnp28th Jun

Just as you would for a mugging or handbag snatch? Ah well. We all have …Just as you would for a mugging or handbag snatch? Ah well. We all have different values.OP; yes you could. On a wider note, be aware that some dashcams embed GPS speed data and that police may use that against you.

Do you have any real examples of this? As I understand it, because a sat nav is not a home office approved device, it cannot be used as evidence against you for a speeding offence. On the other hand if the camera shows evidence of you driving dangerously in some other way. e.g weaving in and out of lanes on the motorway, then they could use that against you without a problem.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions