75% of Gas customers paying too much

Found 14th Dec 2016
Just heard on BBC radio news.
Will add more detail soon.
Can save hundreds by switching tariff. Don't even have to switch supplier.

theguardian.com/bus…son

13 Comments

Used to be around £140 saving switching between BG tariffs... down to £40ish now

wow this is big news

It is said every day that you can save money by switching tarrifs or supplier.
Some people just either won't listen or can't be bothered.

I dare say it is near to the truth but you are 'preaching' to the 'switched'

they spend a fortune on trying to get people to switch but still people wont or are pay over the odds, not sure what else can be done except auto switching which will never happen. If people want to pay to much should we just let them now and make people take note of their own actions. many still see BG as the company of old can only imagine what it would be like if all of the regional electricity companies were still going, most people wouldn't have changed their electicity either.

eslick

they spend a fortune on trying to get people to switch but still people … they spend a fortune on trying to get people to switch but still people wont or are pay over the odds, not sure what else can be done except auto switching which will never happen. If people want to pay to much should we just let them now and make people take note of their own actions. many still see BG as the company of old can only imagine what it would be like if all of the regional electricity companies were still going, most people wouldn't have changed their electicity either.

Never is a long time.....
read something a few years ago about how it is perfectly feasible to have a 'smart' meter to auto switch you

thewongwing101

Never is a long time.....read something a few years ago about how it is … Never is a long time.....read something a few years ago about how it is perfectly feasible to have a 'smart' meter to auto switch you

would be good if it happened, but cant see ofgem having the bottle to allow it.

So easy to do and relatively hassle free.

I prefer the MSE Energy Club for comparison, as it emails you when there is a cheaper tariff available.

moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub

eslick

would be good if it happened, but cant see ofgem having the bottle to … would be good if it happened, but cant see ofgem having the bottle to allow it.

and if we all had one how would that work ? X)
we would all pay the lowest price
then they may as well be owned by the state
Edited by: "Wongy110" 14th Dec 2016

thewongwing101

and if we all had one how would that work ? X)we would all pay the lowest … and if we all had one how would that work ? X)we would all pay the lowest pricethey may as well be owned by the state

now there a thought

The people who have never switched and pay well over the odds keep prices down for the savvy

I'm with utilita on pay as you go pretty good all round on price, but comes as no shock it's rip off britain 24/7 and that's why hotukdeals.com does help us all out, as does it's users

Well if this is true I'm looking forward to the back pay!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions