75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specific number 3 weeks after putting your request to cancel OR Save approx £140 via your SKY remote (scroll down)

Posted 8th Dec 2013
OPTION 1: If you want 75% off your sky tv, follow these simple steps.

1.Put in a request to cancel your sky ( they may initially offer you 25% off or even 50%, don't listen just proceed with cancelling)
2. You may get calls offering you 50% or less, again stick with cancelling.
3. After 3 weeks call the offer phone number 08442 411 914 OR 08442 410 973(NEW NUMBER- OLD NUMBER NO LONGER ACTIVE) if you do not receive the leaflet offering 75% off. I tried it, and it works.

Please note, some mobile providers charge a premium for 0844XX numbers, if this is the case, download the WEQ4U app, you'll then be charged the local rate.

The app is available on Android & iOS

You can also get multi-room half price. Do not mention this when you take up the 75% offer, call them back after a day or two. But when you do call, say you received it in the post, I tried this and I got it immediately.

NOTE:
Sky advisors chat total crap! They just want to convince you that the price they offer is the best. When you get the initial call of 25% off they wont budge! It's as though they have convinced themselves that is the best you are going to get, don't listen and proceed with cancelling! The 50% off department will be next. why pay so much extra, just wait 3 weeks and get 75% off!! Best of luck! In a way, you wont be left without any sky if you do this on the third week of cancelling. It's about time existing customers got better deals than new!!!
It doesn't cost sky anything to enable the signal to your box, that's why they can do this so cheap as they have been for years.

nexus76 is in his 5th year of doing this!
New number is 08442 411 914- thanks to junglist

IF YOU CAN'T WAIT AND WANT 50% OFF:
Thanks to dazren :
Cancelled and one month later just got a card through today offering 50% off for 12 months (any package) plus 6 months free Sky Go Extra (need to cancel this part as they will charge £5pm after the 6 months are up otherwise). Call 08442 411 192 and give code CL32A. Hope this helps someone
UPDATE 18/07/2015. Many people are having great success when attempting this. Some are also being offered 60% off the full tv package including HD, £100 bill credit and 10 pounds off line rental plus free broadband! It obviously depends who you speak to but it just goes to show that there is plenty of flexibility to get some cracking offers! Best of luck

1741671.jpg

OPTION 2: Try this to save up to £140 on your SKY

IF you don't want to go down the above route of trying to get through to Customer Services, listening to Green Sleeves on repeat, then to be cut off, try this..

A. Log into your account at sky.comCLICK ME

B. Find the "thinking of leaving sky" page here CLICK ME

C. At the bottom of that page it says "Still looking to cancel?" Click on the SKY TV option underneath

D. If you are eligible for a discount you should be directed to a questionnaire page, it'll then ask you why you want to leave with various options, click ''Worried about cost''

E. If eligible you'll again be re-directed to a page offering you a discount on your sky package, depending on what you have, it'll offer you up to 20% off or if your lucky maybe more....

F. If then happy with the discount, read through the T&Cs carefully, click confirm and it'll then update on page with your new monthly cost/bill.

G. Go to the pub

H. Please note that the above will sign you up to a new contract, if you're not happy for a min 12 months then best avoid!

1741671.jpg
Community Updates
Top comments
MarreZ

I got 100% off for 6 months after refusing their 50% for 1 year offer.

Maths fail.
will1407

does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people … does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people give for leaving?

there..is...no...flyer..or..leaflet...
do this:

enter live chat

decline any offer they throw at you

you say: "I want to leave because it costs too much"

they say: "lets see what we can do, we can offer you 5% off for 8 days"

you say: "thanks but I want to cancel and I am in a rush"

they say: "ok we will start your cancellation process, here's the details, this is your 30 days notice"

you say: "ok great thanks bye"

you then make a cup of tea and enter live chat again after 10 minutes

use this link this timeComing back to sky

you say: "Hi I've had a letter offering me £100 credit, 60% discount and 50% off multiroom if I come back to sky, I would like to accept this offer"(if you want to look less greedy, don't mention the multiroom offer as they offer it to you anyway 9/10 times)

they say: "great news, let me see about adding this offer"

you say: "cool beans brotha"

they either say: "I will add this offer to your account now, let me go through some details and payment updates with you"
or "I can add this offer but I can only give you £50 account credit" (if you are happy with £50 say yes)
or "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

you then either agree, agree or say "ok never mind thanks anyway" and leave chat

if you don't get this deal the first time, try again and again, remember you have 30 days to get this deal

note down the person who you talked to each time and if you get the same person end chat to avoid looking silly
Edited by: "dataload" 10th Aug 2015
32624125-PIPTn.jpg

32624125-lkWG0.jpg

I’m on a 75% offer and was about to ring up and cancel on 4th December 17 when the 12 months was coming to an end. I received this in the post yesterday and I’ve just checked my future bills and they’ve given me 75% off for another 12 months. I have SKY Q, box sets, movies and sports and an extra Sky Q Mini box (inc in this total )
38550890-p8ZEJ.jpg
10362 Comments
My TV is due to be cut off on the 28th, rang sky multiple times and the best they can offer for the Entertainment pack is £20 a month, the thing is I have the UOD offer from back in June when it was just £3 a month price locked for 18 months. Come the 28th, that offer expires too when the rest of the services shut off. Seeing some of you getting the Entertainment for £15 or even less is what's holding me off on resigning, but it's a trade off with the UOD offer price
Early in my cancellation best is
03Here is your package summary:
Sky Entertainment Pack @ £27.00 pm (£22 pm for 18 months)
Sky Kids Pack @ £5.00 pm (£1 pm for 18 months)
Sky Box Set Pack @ £5.00 pm (£1 pm for 18 months)
Sky HD Pack @ £5.00 pm (£1 pm for 18 months)
Sports & Cinema Pack @ £41.00 pm (£30 pm for 18 months)
Q Multiscreen @ £13.00 pm
So your total monthly cost will be £68 per month for 18 months thereafter £96 per month.Not impressed with this offer !!
Ben311022/10/2019 10:55

My TV is due to be cut off on the 28th, rang sky multiple times and the …My TV is due to be cut off on the 28th, rang sky multiple times and the best they can offer for the Entertainment pack is £20 a month, the thing is I have the UOD offer from back in June when it was just £3 a month price locked for 18 months. Come the 28th, that offer expires too when the rest of the services shut off. Seeing some of you getting the Entertainment for £15 or even less is what's holding me off on resigning, but it's a trade off with the UOD offer price

When I cancelled and bartered my new deal they tried to take the UOD £3 deal off me but I argued it and got it added back in. Don’t let them take it off you.
ecraigy22/10/2019 07:58

Read my post again. Read back a few pages on this thread.keywords : Sky …Read my post again. Read back a few pages on this thread.keywords : Sky Friends and family, sky f&f. Check: Facebook. Facebook Marketplace. Twitter. Even google.Nothing at all. I left everything connected but made sure my new envelope with my new viewing card was close to the tv so he would put the new card into the new sky q box.Regarding price it’s all very transparent when you sign up. Take screen grabs of your funky deal just in case you have an initial billing error.

Hi I've been given a code and it's for sky q.... The entertainment pack, sky sports and 1 multi room was £35.20 with a 1 off £20 charge. Does that mean I don't pay for the sky q main box and the mini box also? And after completing checkout they will sort delivery of the 2 boxes and engineers? Sorry for lots of questions
Edited by: "PHILREC77" 23rd Oct 2019
Sky is not budging this year due to be cancelled next week hoping some good deals on Black Friday if not now tv it is then
aaisha199023/10/2019 09:52

Sky is not budging this year due to be cancelled next week hoping some …Sky is not budging this year due to be cancelled next week hoping some good deals on Black Friday if not now tv it is then

It certainly looks like there are no good retention deals these days...
We did out first night of NowTv and Netflix (30 day free trial) last night after being cut off. Its a bit different as everything we watch will now be on catch up but am sure we will survive when we get used to it. Unless Sky contact us with an offer I can`t refuse then they won`t be getting our business any more for the TV side of things.
x-man23/10/2019 10:25

It certainly looks like there are no good retention deals these days...

It certainly seems that way. For the first time in 18 years I've been cut off. They didn't budge during 30days cancelation period and since then I've had couple of calls but they still wanted too much. Its not easy anymore so the waiting game continues.
They are getting more gready than usual. Also there will be a price hike soon.
The only channels we are going to be missing is Alibi and Universal, but have gained Netflix and all the series/films they offer. I usually back down very easily but Sky have been so hard to deal with this time...why should they have my business.

We have just finished a free month of NowTv cinema (an offer they sent me which was nice) but won`t continue with that when it runs out as we have watched everything we wanted, are gong to sign up for their 7 day trial entertainment package later and then pay for a month using Tesco clubcard voucher so with a bit of luck if it works will cost us a £1 voucher. BBC I`Player and ITV Hub etc are all on the NowTv box so think we have covered everything.

In a month we will be in a better position to see what works and what doesn`t and if we actually can live without Sky.
Sorry just a quick question, do you have to return the remote controls back to Sky when you send back the Q box and multi-room? Thanks x
dunnh23/10/2019 13:16

Sorry just a quick question, do you have to return the remote controls …Sorry just a quick question, do you have to return the remote controls back to Sky when you send back the Q box and multi-room? Thanks x

Yes u do
dunnh23/10/2019 13:16

Sorry just a quick question, do you have to return the remote controls …Sorry just a quick question, do you have to return the remote controls back to Sky when you send back the Q box and multi-room? Thanks x

Yes. I had to send it all back. They give you a deadline to return it by otherwise you may be liable to pay for the equipment. The good thing is when I signed back up they gave me the silver 2tb box and installation for free, downside was I had to wait a month for a date. Annoying when I had sent the box back a week earlier!! I’ve done a cracking deal with them but took some perseverance
Thank you, just wondered as our remote controls are a bit past it! any idea what Sky does with all this returned stuff?

jkprosser, how do you get the deadline for returning the stuff, is it an email and do they just automatically send packaging for the items? thanks
PHILREC7723/10/2019 09:32

Hi I've been given a code and it's for sky q.... The entertainment pack, …Hi I've been given a code and it's for sky q.... The entertainment pack, sky sports and 1 multi room was £35.20 with a 1 off £20 charge. Does that mean I don't pay for the sky q main box and the mini box also? And after completing checkout they will sort delivery of the 2 boxes and engineers? Sorry for lots of questions

No idea. Just check your screen grabs and email confirmation when the order is put through. You pick the installation date when you make your online purchase. Sky sends the viewing card in the post and the installer brings all kit with them on the day.
dunnh23/10/2019 13:15

The only channels we are going to be missing is Alibi and Universal, but …The only channels we are going to be missing is Alibi and Universal, but have gained Netflix and all the series/films they offer. I usually back down very easily but Sky have been so hard to deal with this time...why should they have my business. We have just finished a free month of NowTv cinema (an offer they sent me which was nice) but won`t continue with that when it runs out as we have watched everything we wanted, are gong to sign up for their 7 day trial entertainment package later and then pay for a month using Tesco clubcard voucher so with a bit of luck if it works will cost us a £1 voucher. BBC I`Player and ITV Hub etc are all on the NowTv box so think we have covered everything.In a month we will be in a better position to see what works and what doesn`t and if we actually can live without Sky.

You can also get cheap nowtv codes on eBay and on cdkeys.co.uk

Life with a stick/box is not too bad. Only downside is not full hd which is particularly disappointing on sports and movies.
Edited by: "ecraigy" 23rd Oct 2019
ecraigy23/10/2019 18:35

No idea. Just check your screen grabs and email confirmation when the …No idea. Just check your screen grabs and email confirmation when the order is put through. You pick the installation date when you make your online purchase. Sky sends the viewing card in the post and the installer brings all kit with them on the day.

Cheers for your help!! I'm happy with upgrading to sky q with sky sports and 1 multi room for 35.20 a month. Friends and family codes are out there guys I got lucky and found someone, it just took messaging a few people untill someone answered
Got to admit Sky Q is the dogs dangly bits & have two multi room minis but only one multi room payment of £13, I did have to buy the second mini though for £69 which for me worked out better & cheaper than buying now tv passes as you get your full tv package instead of just a few sky channels on now tv all under the one £13 payment.

If it was £13 each mini per month it wouldn’t worth it

Not sure if any future developments are lined up for Sky tv but at the min it’s spot on
madmurd23/10/2019 19:41

Got to admit Sky Q is the dogs dangly bits & have two multi room minis but …Got to admit Sky Q is the dogs dangly bits & have two multi room minis but only one multi room payment of £13, I did have to buy the second mini though for £69 which for me worked out better & cheaper than buying now tv passes as you get your full tv package instead of just a few sky channels on now tv all under the one £13 payment.If it was £13 each mini per month it wouldn’t worth it Not sure if any future developments are lined up for Sky tv but at the min it’s spot on

Agreed. For me the recording functionality (extra channels vs sky+ hd) is top of the list. The ease of skipping every minute during ad breaks is second. Voice control in third. Followed by the “apps” like weather.
The hardware is very powerful so Netflix and YouTube display very smoothly.
i don’t like the design of the new remote though - for me the volume and channel up/down is too far down.
Edited by: "ecraigy" 23rd Oct 2019
madmurd23/10/2019 19:41

Got to admit Sky Q is the dogs dangly bits & have two multi room minis but …Got to admit Sky Q is the dogs dangly bits & have two multi room minis but only one multi room payment of £13, I did have to buy the second mini though for £69 which for me worked out better & cheaper than buying now tv passes as you get your full tv package instead of just a few sky channels on now tv all under the one £13 payment.If it was £13 each mini per month it wouldn’t worth it Not sure if any future developments are lined up for Sky tv but at the min it’s spot on

If I was to buy another mini box could I use it to record the normal channels on the box without another multi room?
Surprised this still works. SKY have been allowing this for years. We have done once or twice.
PHILREC7724/10/2019 14:39

If I was to buy another mini box could I use it to record the normal …If I was to buy another mini box could I use it to record the normal channels on the box without another multi room?

The mini is not a recordable box, it streams from your main 2tb box in the lounge.
But you only pay one multi room fee of £13 and could have a few for nowt extra pm
My termination date was today i had previously been paying £28 for Entertainment - Multiroom - HD -box sets depsite repeated live chats and phone calls the best i could get was £32. So i had to suck it up and pay or risk an irate wife and son....

After this had been agreed I went on to Sky website and have now managed to add Sky Q experience 2TB, 1 mini box multiroom for £30 installation without increasing the monthly charge. So all in all quite happy with that.
awms19/10/2019 17:47

Been offeredSky Sports Entertainment packageHD£24 for 18months...im on the …Been offeredSky Sports Entertainment packageHD£24 for 18months...im on the old big sky box.Any thoughts?£37 for cinema to be included!

they told me they couldn't do this today when I tried to take it, I wanted it this weekend so renewed at

£34 Sky Sports and Cinema HD and entertainment
might cancel during 31 day cooling period depending on Black Friday deals
Sky weren't budging on the £20 for entertainment, so nabbed a friends and family code and signed up as a new customer and got it for £14. Plus £3 HD and £7 for cinema. all in all quite happy with the deal.
Ben311025/10/2019 20:23

Sky weren't budging on the £20 for entertainment, so nabbed a friends and …Sky weren't budging on the £20 for entertainment, so nabbed a friends and family code and signed up as a new customer and got it for £14. Plus £3 HD and £7 for cinema. all in all quite happy with the deal.

The engineer will probably offer you some decent prices for sport or uod when they come to install it. Make sure you ask if you are curious about other deals available..
Was cut off on Tuesday, received box to return items this morning, didn`t expect it that fast. Everything due back by 22nd December!
Edited by: "dunnh" 26th Oct 2019
Retentions used to be good. Now they are not offering deals. Best way is to cancel and Then get a friend's and family code if you can.
Just got a sub for £38.50 . Ent,sports, hd and uhd.(everything but movies)with multiroom and a 2tb box. £20 one off fee.

That's the price is should be at !
Best i've got is £46 for everything with sky hd+, nothing for Sky Q to match that. :-(
RAFAVDV25/10/2019 14:14

My termination date was today i had previously been paying £28 for …My termination date was today i had previously been paying £28 for Entertainment - Multiroom - HD -box sets depsite repeated live chats and phone calls the best i could get was £32. So i had to suck it up and pay or risk an irate wife and son....After this had been agreed I went on to Sky website and have now managed to add Sky Q experience 2TB, 1 mini box multiroom for £30 installation without increasing the monthly charge. So all in all quite happy with that.

really ! no increase in price for the sky q box ? i thought the extra £13p/m was mandatory.
hullmackem28/10/2019 08:23

really ! no increase in price for the sky q box ? i thought the extra …really ! no increase in price for the sky q box ? i thought the extra £13p/m was mandatory.

Thats what i thought but its discounted the original multiroom fee of £13

38811667-nQWbF.jpg
RAFAVDV28/10/2019 10:11

Thats what i thought but its discounted the original multiroom fee of £13 …Thats what i thought but its discounted the original multiroom fee of £13 [Image]

did you know that before you were going to get the sky q box ?
hullmackem28/10/2019 10:15

did you know that before you were going to get the sky q box ?

Nope, i just went into "offers on your account" and added it and saw that new monthly total hadnt increased - so made sure i took screenshots
RAFAVDV28/10/2019 10:33

Nope, i just went into "offers on your account" and added it and saw that …Nope, i just went into "offers on your account" and added it and saw that new monthly total hadnt increased - so made sure i took screenshots

great stuff
If I cancel my multiroom but then decide to resign up for it before I have to send my minibuses again, would I need to pay again for the miniboxes? Currently have two mniboxes.
So I’ve just accepted an offer from retentions. I was previously paying £37.60 a month for full sky tv package on sky+. The deal I’ve just accepted is £58 a month for full sky package including UOD Netflix and Q multi room. Free 2tb q box + 1 mini. Got to wait 21 days til it can be installed. Got to pay a £20 admin fee though. Like I say I have accepted the offer but I do get the feeling that it is still too expensive
Tom84morris30/10/2019 16:40

So I’ve just accepted an offer from retentions. I was previously paying £ …So I’ve just accepted an offer from retentions. I was previously paying £37.60 a month for full sky tv package on sky+. The deal I’ve just accepted is £58 a month for full sky package including UOD Netflix and Q multi room. Free 2tb q box + 1 mini. Got to wait 21 days til it can be installed. Got to pay a £20 admin fee though. Like I say I have accepted the offer but I do get the feeling that it is still too expensive

It’s only about a fiver too much. your previous deal wasn’t bad price in reality and that was only +. So by the time you take your original bundle and factor in Netflix which is worth about £9 pm + multiroom which is £13 you’re pretty much at your new monthly fee.
Not too bad really.
I’ve just been offered this over the phone. I’m current a standard BB and phone customer only
been offered

super fast BB
sky q
netflix
multi room
zero installiation
75 quid master card

58 quid a month. Never had tv previously so not in a position for retentions but don’t know if this is decent or not?
Edited by: "leeroy" 30th Oct 2019
leeroy30/10/2019 20:27

I’ve just been offered this over the phone. I’m current a standard BB and p …I’ve just been offered this over the phone. I’m current a standard BB and phone customer only been offered super fast BBsky qnetflixmulti room zero installiation 75 quid master card 58 quid a month. Ever had tb previously so not in a position for retentions but don’t know if this is decent or not?

Movies, sports, kids? What package do you get?
ecraigy30/10/2019 23:20

Movies, sports, kids? What package do you get?

Sorry it’s just the entertainment package
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants