75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specific number 3 weeks after putting your request to cancel OR Save approx £140 via your SKY remote (scroll down)

Posted 8th Dec 2013
OPTION 1: If you want 75% off your sky tv, follow these simple steps.

1.Put in a request to cancel your sky ( they may initially offer you 25% off or even 50%, don't listen just proceed with cancelling)
2. You may get calls offering you 50% or less, again stick with cancelling.
3. After 3 weeks call the offer phone number 08442 411 914 OR 08442 410 973(NEW NUMBER- OLD NUMBER NO LONGER ACTIVE) if you do not receive the leaflet offering 75% off. I tried it, and it works.

Please note, some mobile providers charge a premium for 0844XX numbers, if this is the case, download the WEQ4U app, you'll then be charged the local rate.

The app is available on Android & iOS

You can also get multi-room half price. Do not mention this when you take up the 75% offer, call them back after a day or two. But when you do call, say you received it in the post, I tried this and I got it immediately.

NOTE:
Sky advisors chat total crap! They just want to convince you that the price they offer is the best. When you get the initial call of 25% off they wont budge! It's as though they have convinced themselves that is the best you are going to get, don't listen and proceed with cancelling! The 50% off department will be next. why pay so much extra, just wait 3 weeks and get 75% off!! Best of luck! In a way, you wont be left without any sky if you do this on the third week of cancelling. It's about time existing customers got better deals than new!!!
It doesn't cost sky anything to enable the signal to your box, that's why they can do this so cheap as they have been for years.

nexus76 is in his 5th year of doing this!
New number is 08442 411 914- thanks to junglist

IF YOU CAN'T WAIT AND WANT 50% OFF:
Thanks to dazren :
Cancelled and one month later just got a card through today offering 50% off for 12 months (any package) plus 6 months free Sky Go Extra (need to cancel this part as they will charge £5pm after the 6 months are up otherwise). Call 08442 411 192 and give code CL32A. Hope this helps someone
UPDATE 18/07/2015. Many people are having great success when attempting this. Some are also being offered 60% off the full tv package including HD, £100 bill credit and 10 pounds off line rental plus free broadband! It obviously depends who you speak to but it just goes to show that there is plenty of flexibility to get some cracking offers! Best of luck

1741671.jpg

OPTION 2: Try this to save up to £140 on your SKY

IF you don't want to go down the above route of trying to get through to Customer Services, listening to Green Sleeves on repeat, then to be cut off, try this..

A. Log into your account at sky.comCLICK ME

B. Find the "thinking of leaving sky" page here CLICK ME

C. At the bottom of that page it says "Still looking to cancel?" Click on the SKY TV option underneath

D. If you are eligible for a discount you should be directed to a questionnaire page, it'll then ask you why you want to leave with various options, click ''Worried about cost''

E. If eligible you'll again be re-directed to a page offering you a discount on your sky package, depending on what you have, it'll offer you up to 20% off or if your lucky maybe more....

F. If then happy with the discount, read through the T&Cs carefully, click confirm and it'll then update on page with your new monthly cost/bill.

G. Go to the pub

H. Please note that the above will sign you up to a new contract, if you're not happy for a min 12 months then best avoid!

1741671.jpg
Community Updates
Top comments
MarreZ

I got 100% off for 6 months after refusing their 50% for 1 year offer.

Maths fail.
will1407

does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people … does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people give for leaving?

there..is...no...flyer..or..leaflet...
do this:

enter live chat

decline any offer they throw at you

you say: "I want to leave because it costs too much"

they say: "lets see what we can do, we can offer you 5% off for 8 days"

you say: "thanks but I want to cancel and I am in a rush"

they say: "ok we will start your cancellation process, here's the details, this is your 30 days notice"

you say: "ok great thanks bye"

you then make a cup of tea and enter live chat again after 10 minutes

use this link this timeComing back to sky

you say: "Hi I've had a letter offering me £100 credit, 60% discount and 50% off multiroom if I come back to sky, I would like to accept this offer"(if you want to look less greedy, don't mention the multiroom offer as they offer it to you anyway 9/10 times)

they say: "great news, let me see about adding this offer"

you say: "cool beans brotha"

they either say: "I will add this offer to your account now, let me go through some details and payment updates with you"
or "I can add this offer but I can only give you £50 account credit" (if you are happy with £50 say yes)
or "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

you then either agree, agree or say "ok never mind thanks anyway" and leave chat

if you don't get this deal the first time, try again and again, remember you have 30 days to get this deal

note down the person who you talked to each time and if you get the same person end chat to avoid looking silly
Edited by: "dataload" 10th Aug 2015
32624125-PIPTn.jpg

32624125-lkWG0.jpg

I’m on a 75% offer and was about to ring up and cancel on 4th December 17 when the 12 months was coming to an end. I received this in the post yesterday and I’ve just checked my future bills and they’ve given me 75% off for another 12 months. I have SKY Q, box sets, movies and sports and an extra Sky Q Mini box (inc in this total )
38550890-p8ZEJ.jpg
10010 Comments
leeroy30/10/2019 23:30

Sorry it’s just the entertainment package

Nothing special really. Any new customer would get entertainment, Netflix, super fast bb for £58. They’d have to pay £20 for Install but they’d also get £115 Quidco cash back. Making your deal £20 worse than a new customer.
I got offered the whole tv package for £63

Sky Q 2tb
entertainment
kids
hd
boxsets
ultimate on demand (netflix)
sports
cinema

Is that a good deal or could I haggle more?
nsx205031/10/2019 20:05

I got offered the whole tv package for £63Sky Q …I got offered the whole tv package for £63Sky Q 2tbentertainmentkidshdboxsets ultimate on demand (netflix)sportscinemaIs that a good deal or could I haggle more?

Awful. A good deal would be £20 less than that price.
Edited by: "ecraigy" 1st Nov
First contact from Sky today since giving notice and being cut off for the past 10 days. An email wanting us to `come back we miss you`... £17 for entertainment, £12 for Ultimate and £1 boxsets, HD etc. They will have to do a lot better than that! Might sign up again if we can get entertainment for £11-12. However, we are managing fine with NowTv entertainment, I`Player etc and Netflix which we are really liking.
What are people paying now? We’re on Diamond and we can’t get the half price line rental and no charge multiroom offers anymore so not from 60s to 80s in a year. We have re-contracted everything but then the penny dropped. So we can’t get any more good deals really. Had a good convo with them last week and they broke it down. Even used the excuse how our Q mini boxes keep cutting off, they are sending an engineer, but no credit for our loss or anything
Went from sorry
I’ve had several chats with sky and now I’ve let my tv service expire, they are still not moving from £70 for the full package.
fergalno102/11/2019 09:50

I’ve had several chats with sky and now I’ve let my tv service expire, the …I’ve had several chats with sky and now I’ve let my tv service expire, they are still not moving from £70 for the full package.

are you on sky q and have you had to send the equipment back?

I’ve had several chats with sky and now I’ve let my tv service expire, the …I’ve had several chats with sky and now I’ve let my tv service expire, they are still not moving from £70 for the full package.

£70 in crazy high for full package. I currently pay £21 for sky q full package except sports. UOD is also included in that price.
I also have BT 80bm fiber and BT sports in HD on the sky box for £24 total pm.

I'd rather go without sky than pay more than it's worth to me. The value will be different for everyone though. If your wife will make you sleep outside if it goes off then just pay whatever sky wants.

Likewise, they are not playing ball this year. I had Entertainment and Sports both in HD for £24. They want £34-38 depending on whom I speak to. Told them same deal or I walk. The latter happened so I've been cut off for nearly a month! However, there's plenty of dodgy sport streams around so I am not missing Sky lol
_se7en_02/11/2019 12:03

Likewise, they are not playing ball this year. I had Entertainment and …Likewise, they are not playing ball this year. I had Entertainment and Sports both in HD for £24. They want £34-38 depending on whom I speak to. Told them same deal or I walk. The latter happened so I've been cut off for nearly a month! However, there's plenty of dodgy sport streams around so I am not missing Sky lol

Now you have been cut off, you should start getting the 50% off offers through the post or to your email
Has anyone had their discounted period end, eg £55 and then it jumped to £120 BUT managed to get Sky to refund you? As I had asked them to notify me of any price changes when the discount was ending, but I did not receive any warning.

Thanks,
Jon
jonspurs03/11/2019 20:49

Has anyone had their discounted period end, eg £55 and then it jumped to …Has anyone had their discounted period end, eg £55 and then it jumped to £120 BUT managed to get Sky to refund you? As I had asked them to notify me of any price changes when the discount was ending, but I did not receive any warning.Thanks,Jon

I doubt it - when you login online it shows you advanced charges/discounts for a few months ahead (from memory) so they will likely argue you could have checked.
sky.com/hel…-tv

click yes and call or get chat window

Managed to get Entertainment pack, hd pack & kids pack for £15 per month via retentions ... maybe others got better but i'm happy with that
Edited by: "Zameen" 3rd Nov
loop03/11/2019 17:08

Now you have been cut off, you should start getting the 50% off offers …Now you have been cut off, you should start getting the 50% off offers through the post or to your email

Haha yup that's the plan! Been playing this game every year for the past decade! Mind you, this is the first time I've been cut off other occasions I was offered something within 30 days cancellation period.
Edited by: "_se7en_" 4th Nov
I caved in, £69 for the full package, UOD and mulitroom.
_se7en_04/11/2019 11:06

Haha yup that's the plan! Been playing this game every year for the past …Haha yup that's the plan! Been playing this game every year for the past decade! Mind you, this is the first time I've been cut off other occasions I was offered something within 30 days cancellation period.

Have you had to send your equipment back yet>
nsx205004/11/2019 11:56

Have you had to send your equipment back yet>

No, I refuse to get Sky Q box. Until we can own the box rightfully I am happy to continue on old Sky+ HD box.

Besides from what I've read Sky Q contents on 4k telly is not great so that's another factor to stay away.
nsx2050, we were cut off on 22nd October, received the packaging to send Sky Q and multi room back by 22nd December, they give you 2 months to return everything. Apart from an email last week offering us entertainment for £17 we have had no contact from Sky.
we were cut off for a month when I cancelled last time - it killed me (I hate not being able to record!!)
They called me 'we've missed you.. blah, blah, blah'....

...They offered me the full works - sports, movies, kids, box sets, hd - £30 a month (plus a £100 credit - so 3 months free!!)
I did have to sign into a 12 month contract - but very, very happy with that!

Thanks Sky, until next year when we play the game again!
dunnh04/11/2019 12:27

nsx2050, we were cut off on 22nd October, received the packaging to send …nsx2050, we were cut off on 22nd October, received the packaging to send Sky Q and multi room back by 22nd December, they give you 2 months to return everything. Apart from an email last week offering us entertainment for £17 we have had no contact from Sky.

I'm tempted to cut mine off, but have 2 multi room boxes. So I don't want to risk having to 'buy' the second multiroom box again.
_se7en_04/11/2019 12:05

No, I refuse to get Sky Q box. Until we can own the box rightfully I am …No, I refuse to get Sky Q box. Until we can own the box rightfully I am happy to continue on old Sky+ HD box.Besides from what I've read Sky Q contents on 4k telly is not great so that's another factor to stay away.

The 4k library is not large but getting better, you do notice the extra sharpness with it.
nsx2050, we want to send back our multi room box, just want a cheap deal on Entertainment, HD and Box sets! but don`t think we are going to get one. Got a few weeks before we have to send the stuff back. Are managing with NowTv and Newtlix, but really miss being able to record.
nsx205004/11/2019 12:58

I'm tempted to cut mine off, but have 2 multi room boxes. So I don't want …I'm tempted to cut mine off, but have 2 multi room boxes. So I don't want to risk having to 'buy' the second multiroom box again.

Yeh we have two mini Q boxes, one was free but the other I paid £69 for. Would hate to cancel and it all goes through then re sign up and have to buy/rent them again. That would be taking the p**s
I am still baffled paying for mini's in the first place. Buying a product you don't even keep, plus paying £13 a month for multi room. Sky are still bending people over.
Edited by: "Brexitbargainboy" 4th Nov
Whats a reasonable expectation for the full package after cancelling now days. I have been paying £42/month for sky+, that's Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, HD, Boxsets and Kids. I was offered £51 plus £20 Admin fee. Admin fee really annoys me. I'm not bothered about staying but my wife and kids wont be happy if we get cut off. Sky have emailed and text me about ringing back. So what do you think I should be aiming for? If they drop down to the forties I will probably bite as long as they cancel the Admin fee.
Richief04/11/2019 18:49

Whats a reasonable expectation for the full package after cancelling now …Whats a reasonable expectation for the full package after cancelling now days. I have been paying £42/month for sky+, that's Entertainment, Sports, Cinema, HD, Boxsets and Kids. I was offered £51 plus £20 Admin fee. Admin fee really annoys me. I'm not bothered about staying but my wife and kids wont be happy if we get cut off. Sky have emailed and text me about ringing back. So what do you think I should be aiming for? If they drop down to the forties I will probably bite as long as they cancel the Admin fee.

Late thirties to early forties.
read up the thread for ideas on the “deals” people are getting.
laceyjaynewilliams04/11/2019 12:43

we were cut off for a month when I cancelled last time - it killed me (I …we were cut off for a month when I cancelled last time - it killed me (I hate not being able to record!!)They called me 'we've missed you.. blah, blah, blah'.......They offered me the full works - sports, movies, kids, box sets, hd - £30 a month (plus a £100 credit - so 3 months free!!)I did have to sign into a 12 month contract - but very, very happy with that! Thanks Sky, until next year when we play the game again!

Brilliant deal that! Didnt realise they are offering out big credits again!
Brexitbargainboy04/11/2019 18:36

I am still baffled paying for mini's in the first place. Buying a product …I am still baffled paying for mini's in the first place. Buying a product you don't even keep, plus paying £13 a month for multi room. Sky are still bending people over.

The reason I bought a second one as the first was free was basically down to me having Now Tv in my bedroom as the first mini is in my oldest sons bedroom.
I worked out that £69 for the 2nd mini was a better deal than paying for Now TV entertainment & movie passes especially as the entertainment pass is limited to a few Sky channels.
It worked out better for the mini as I now have all sky tv channels, movies and sports HD.
Can watch programmes from the main 2tb box planner in lounge and have all the downloady stuff etc.
Edited by: "madmurd" 5th Nov
madmurd05/11/2019 19:26

The reason I bought a second one as the first was free was basically down …The reason I bought a second one as the first was free was basically down to me having Now Tv in my bedroom as the first mini is in my oldest sons bedroom.I worked out that £69 for the 2nd mini was a better deal than paying for Now TV entertainment & movie passes especially as the entertainment pass is limited to a few Sky channels.It worked out better for the mini as I now have all sky tv channels, movies and sports HD.Can watch programmes from the main 2tb box planner in lounge and have all the downloady stuff etc.

Sorry you had to give explanation, I was meant to directly have a pop at Sky. If you paid for a mini you should at least keep it. I just find it a cheek from Sky to charge £13 for 4k add on compared Netflix/Prime etc.
Evening!
Been with Sky for 6 years, account in wifes name and I’ve not kept an eye on it (my mistake!).
Currently paying £89 for Variety, Multiscreen, Fibre u/l and line rental, using Sky+ eqpt.
last Wed ventured to online chat, trying to reduce costs and upgrade to SkyQ.
Best they could do was £57 pcm, with £125 for 2TB and 1 x mini box, a further £99 for additional mini box.
Asked them to cancel, worst case we go to VM on a new cust deal and come back to Sky in 18 months as a new customer.
Patiently waiting for an offer, but if nothing heard end of 2nd week I will start the ball rolling with VM.
Would happily stay with Sky but not at the prices they’re quoting.
Brexitbargainboy05/11/2019 19:53

Sorry you had to give explanation, I was meant to directly have a pop at …Sorry you had to give explanation, I was meant to directly have a pop at Sky. If you paid for a mini you should at least keep it. I just find it a cheek from Sky to charge £13 for 4k add on compared Netflix/Prime etc.

They only charge one multi room fee of £13 but you can have more than one device/multi room under the one £13 which I’m happy with
Due to be cut off tomorrow... I was paying £14p/m and when deal ran out it was going to go £30 i told them i was leaving blah blah blah like normal but this time ive had no contact from them no email or phone call apart from a txt and email saying still time to change my mind.
Ive called up to see what they could offer for last 2 days and they say best is £23 all we have is the entertainment package with kids and boxsets im just wondering if we get cut off if they give me a deal after will i be able to watch my recorded programmes once rejoined or will they be lost
bounty2307/11/2019 10:00

Due to be cut off tomorrow... I was paying £14p/m and when deal ran out it …Due to be cut off tomorrow... I was paying £14p/m and when deal ran out it was going to go £30 i told them i was leaving blah blah blah like normal but this time ive had no contact from them no email or phone call apart from a txt and email saying still time to change my mind.Ive called up to see what they could offer for last 2 days and they say best is £23 all we have is the entertainment package with kids and boxsets im just wondering if we get cut off if they give me a deal after will i be able to watch my recorded programmes once rejoined or will they be lost

You'll be able to watch your recorded stuff after rejoining so hang tight don't give in to that rubbish deal.
bounty2307/11/2019 10:00

Due to be cut off tomorrow... I was paying £14p/m and when deal ran out it …Due to be cut off tomorrow... I was paying £14p/m and when deal ran out it was going to go £30 i told them i was leaving blah blah blah like normal but this time ive had no contact from them no email or phone call apart from a txt and email saying still time to change my mind.Ive called up to see what they could offer for last 2 days and they say best is £23 all we have is the entertainment package with kids and boxsets im just wondering if we get cut off if they give me a deal after will i be able to watch my recorded programmes once rejoined or will they be lost

Go into the My Account page on your TV and there should be a win come back deal for entertainment for £15 per month, take photo and go onto chat and they will ask for photo to be uploaded so they can check. Then get Kids/Box sets/HD added for £1 each and don't accept anything less - therefore £18 per month for 18 months. Best I could get for my folks who didn't want to go through the whole cancel/wait/hope for deal option. They were paying £15 for the same before hand so a £3 rise after two years of paying £15 cant really be moaned about!
ArcadeAssassin07/11/2019 10:33

Go into the My Account page on your TV and there should be a win come back …Go into the My Account page on your TV and there should be a win come back deal for entertainment for £15 per month, take photo and go onto chat and they will ask for photo to be uploaded so they can check. Then get Kids/Box sets/HD added for £1 each and don't accept anything less - therefore £18 per month for 18 months. Best I could get for my folks who didn't want to go through the whole cancel/wait/hope for deal option. They were paying £15 for the same before hand so a £3 rise after two years of paying £15 cant really be moaned about!

Just had a look no offers on there for me 😪
If i go through with cancellation tomorrow how soon is it known to receive a offer?
Panicking my recorded programmes will be lost even if i rejoin as read they issue you a new account so wont work 🤷
Coming to that time of year again for me - what's the current best deals people are getting from the Winback team?

I've had a letter come through in September saying my current deal has been extended for another 12 months (and the discount on the Sky HD pack for 18 months).

Currently on:

- Sky Entertainment £17
- Box Sets + Kids + HD pack at £1 each
Total: £20/m

Not sure whether it's worth cancelling and going through the rigmarole if there's no decent deals about. Any advice welcome. Thanks
So my cut off was tomorrow ive had no contact from sky and i have called for the last 2 days and been given £23 as the deal for entertainment kids hd and boxsets (was paying £14)
Went onto chat today same offer... Called this afternoon spoke to lady who gave same price i said ok il leave it she asked if it was the price i said yes so she went away came back and said she could do it £27 minus £9 minus another £5 then add £1 each hd kids and boxsets total £16 pm for 18months... I excepted very happy
bounty2307/11/2019 19:53

So my cut off was tomorrow ive had no contact from sky and i have called …So my cut off was tomorrow ive had no contact from sky and i have called for the last 2 days and been given £23 as the deal for entertainment kids hd and boxsets (was paying £14)Went onto chat today same offer... Called this afternoon spoke to lady who gave same price i said ok il leave it she asked if it was the price i said yes so she went away came back and said she could do it £27 minus £9 minus another £5 then add £1 each hd kids and boxsets total £16 pm for 18months... I excepted very happy

You've just indirectly answered my question above lol. Same package as what I have, so I think I may cancel to save an extra £4 a month. Are you a Sky Q customer?
Edited by: "Hustler1337" 7th Nov
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants