75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specific number 3 weeks after putting your request to cancel OR Save approx £140 via your SKY remote (scroll down)

Posted 8th Dec 2013
OPTION 1: If you want 75% off your sky tv, follow these simple steps.

1.Put in a request to cancel your sky ( they may initially offer you 25% off or even 50%, don't listen just proceed with cancelling)
2. You may get calls offering you 50% or less, again stick with cancelling.
3. After 3 weeks call the offer phone number 08442 411 914 OR 08442 410 973(NEW NUMBER- OLD NUMBER NO LONGER ACTIVE) if you do not receive the leaflet offering 75% off. I tried it, and it works.

Please note, some mobile providers charge a premium for 0844XX numbers, if this is the case, download the WEQ4U app, you'll then be charged the local rate.

The app is available on Android & iOS

You can also get multi-room half price. Do not mention this when you take up the 75% offer, call them back after a day or two. But when you do call, say you received it in the post, I tried this and I got it immediately.

NOTE:
Sky advisors chat total crap! They just want to convince you that the price they offer is the best. When you get the initial call of 25% off they wont budge! It's as though they have convinced themselves that is the best you are going to get, don't listen and proceed with cancelling! The 50% off department will be next. why pay so much extra, just wait 3 weeks and get 75% off!! Best of luck! In a way, you wont be left without any sky if you do this on the third week of cancelling. It's about time existing customers got better deals than new!!!
It doesn't cost sky anything to enable the signal to your box, that's why they can do this so cheap as they have been for years.

nexus76 is in his 5th year of doing this!
New number is 08442 411 914- thanks to junglist

IF YOU CAN'T WAIT AND WANT 50% OFF:
Thanks to dazren :
Cancelled and one month later just got a card through today offering 50% off for 12 months (any package) plus 6 months free Sky Go Extra (need to cancel this part as they will charge £5pm after the 6 months are up otherwise). Call 08442 411 192 and give code CL32A. Hope this helps someone
UPDATE 18/07/2015. Many people are having great success when attempting this. Some are also being offered 60% off the full tv package including HD, £100 bill credit and 10 pounds off line rental plus free broadband! It obviously depends who you speak to but it just goes to show that there is plenty of flexibility to get some cracking offers! Best of luck

1741671.jpg

OPTION 2: Try this to save up to £140 on your SKY

IF you don't want to go down the above route of trying to get through to Customer Services, listening to Green Sleeves on repeat, then to be cut off, try this..

A. Log into your account at sky.comCLICK ME

B. Find the "thinking of leaving sky" page here CLICK ME

C. At the bottom of that page it says "Still looking to cancel?" Click on the SKY TV option underneath

D. If you are eligible for a discount you should be directed to a questionnaire page, it'll then ask you why you want to leave with various options, click ''Worried about cost''

E. If eligible you'll again be re-directed to a page offering you a discount on your sky package, depending on what you have, it'll offer you up to 20% off or if your lucky maybe more....

F. If then happy with the discount, read through the T&Cs carefully, click confirm and it'll then update on page with your new monthly cost/bill.

G. Go to the pub

H. Please note that the above will sign you up to a new contract, if you're not happy for a min 12 months then best avoid!

1741671.jpg
Community Updates
Top comments
MarreZ

I got 100% off for 6 months after refusing their 50% for 1 year offer.

Maths fail.
will1407

does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people … does anyone have a pic of this leaflet / flyer?And what reasons do people give for leaving?

there..is...no...flyer..or..leaflet...
do this:

enter live chat

decline any offer they throw at you

you say: "I want to leave because it costs too much"

they say: "lets see what we can do, we can offer you 5% off for 8 days"

you say: "thanks but I want to cancel and I am in a rush"

they say: "ok we will start your cancellation process, here's the details, this is your 30 days notice"

you say: "ok great thanks bye"

you then make a cup of tea and enter live chat again after 10 minutes

use this link this timeComing back to sky

you say: "Hi I've had a letter offering me £100 credit, 60% discount and 50% off multiroom if I come back to sky, I would like to accept this offer"(if you want to look less greedy, don't mention the multiroom offer as they offer it to you anyway 9/10 times)

they say: "great news, let me see about adding this offer"

you say: "cool beans brotha"

they either say: "I will add this offer to your account now, let me go through some details and payment updates with you"
or "I can add this offer but I can only give you £50 account credit" (if you are happy with £50 say yes)
or "What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?"

you then either agree, agree or say "ok never mind thanks anyway" and leave chat

if you don't get this deal the first time, try again and again, remember you have 30 days to get this deal

note down the person who you talked to each time and if you get the same person end chat to avoid looking silly
Edited by: "dataload" 10th Aug 2015
32624125-PIPTn.jpg

32624125-lkWG0.jpg

I’m on a 75% offer and was about to ring up and cancel on 4th December 17 when the 12 months was coming to an end. I received this in the post yesterday and I’ve just checked my future bills and they’ve given me 75% off for another 12 months. I have SKY Q, box sets, movies and sports and an extra Sky Q Mini box (inc in this total )
38550890-p8ZEJ.jpg
10235 Comments
Over the moon as I’ve just been on to Sky. Got a deal of £31 for Entertainment, HD, Box sets, Sports and Cinema. So that’s down from £39 offered online and £47.50 Black Friday offer

Thanks @ANDYwwww987 and @hairywaynus for you help and guidance.
craigbelperbrown06/12/2019 10:52

Over the moon as I’ve just been on to Sky. Got a deal of £31 for En …Over the moon as I’ve just been on to Sky. Got a deal of £31 for Entertainment, HD, Box sets, Sports and Cinema. So that’s down from £39 offered online and £47.50 Black Friday offer Thanks @ANDYwwww987 and @hairywaynus for you help and guidance.

Good to hear. They can offer better discounts you just have to play the waiting game! Nicely done!
craigbelperbrown06/12/2019 10:52

Over the moon as I’ve just been on to Sky. Got a deal of £31 for En …Over the moon as I’ve just been on to Sky. Got a deal of £31 for Entertainment, HD, Box sets, Sports and Cinema. So that’s down from £39 offered online and £47.50 Black Friday offer Thanks @ANDYwwww987 and @hairywaynus for you help and guidance.

wow excellent deal did phone (which number you use ) or chat would be made up with the same
Edited by: "redjamie" 6th Dec 2019
What do you think of this deal I feel like I can do better- sky entertainment, ultimate on demand, Netflix premium, multiroom, 2tb box, anytime calls, super fast broadband, Sky WiFi booster, sky movies, £50 bill credit, no installation fees= £55pcm
redjamie06/12/2019 11:09

wow excellent deal did phone (which number you use ) or chat would be …wow excellent deal did phone (which number you use ) or chat would be made up with the same

Tried both, online chat answered first so thought I’d see what they’d offer and was very happy with it.
Letter through the post today for Ent + Sports on 18 month contract = £25
(which takes me through to the end of the premiership season 20/21 if I were to take it)

Looking at SkyQ UHD too but no offers on that right now, might be something boxing day onwards maybe im guessing.

Usual extras offered also; HD £1 - Boxsets £1 - Cinema £5 - Kids £1
Edited by: "kartiers" 6th Dec 2019
kartiers06/12/2019 18:44

Letter through the post today for Ent + Sports on 18 month contract = …Letter through the post today for Ent + Sports on 18 month contract = £25(which takes me through to the end of the premiership season 20/21 if I were to take it)Looking at SkyQ UHD too but no offers on that right now, might be something boxing day onwards maybe im guessing.Usual extras offered also; HD £1 - Boxsets £1 - Cinema £5 - Kids £1

That's a great offer. I took this few days ago. Was offered Sky Q for free just £25 install but turned it down. So it all depends on how generous the sky rep is feeling on the day.

Letter through the post today for Ent + Sports on 18 month contract = …Letter through the post today for Ent + Sports on 18 month contract = £25(which takes me through to the end of the premiership season 20/21 if I were to take it)Looking at SkyQ UHD too but no offers on that right now, might be something boxing day onwards maybe im guessing.Usual extras offered also; HD £1 - Boxsets £1 - Cinema £5 - Kids £1

How long were you cut off for?
jonspurs06/12/2019 21:41

6 months

I had offers of £27 back in may after 1 month of disconnection but didnt bother. I get offers every 3-4 weeks usually via email or mail.
jonspurs06/12/2019 21:41

I’ve had the same offer as kartiers, I’ve been cut off since Nov 26th.

Not bothered about going back after 16years so refused it.
Sonic_Rahman06/12/2019 13:39

What do you think of this deal I feel like I can do better- sky …What do you think of this deal I feel like I can do better- sky entertainment, ultimate on demand, Netflix premium, multiroom, 2tb box, anytime calls, super fast broadband, Sky WiFi booster, sky movies, £50 bill credit, no installation fees= £55pcm

That’s an amazing deal. You won’t get super fast fibre bb with anyone else for less than £22. Best case recently for multiroom was £6. So you’re up to £28 now before you’re looking at the actual tv channels with Netflix.
Great deal. If you can still get it.
Was on £56 for my Sky package, noticed it was going up to £66 in January, spoke to chat and the best they could do was £59, so have entered cancellation period.

Current package is Entertainment, Ultimate on demand, Sky Sports, Sports HD, Sky HD and multiscreen.

Hopefully get a good redemption deal. What benefit will a friend and family code get me?

Thanks.
Don`t hold out a lot of hope, I`m finding Sky are playing really hard ball, so looks like our equipment is definitely going to be returned. It makes me so cross that they use the excuse all offers are account specific!! so can charge what they want. I would be so happy to sign up for another 18 months (but only want Ent, HD and Box sets) at a decent price. Looks like we will be sticking with Now TV, Netflix etc just need a plan so I know what is on and when.
_se7en_02/12/2019 17:03

So after being off for 2 months I've rejoined Sky paying £25.50 for …So after being off for 2 months I've rejoined Sky paying £25.50 for Entertainment and Sports both in HD for 18 months. My previous deal was £24 so happy enough with this.

Bit of an update I've now added new Sky Q 1TB UHD box at no cost to me. £20 install fee was also waived off. My TV package is unchanged at £25.50. Happy days!
_se7en_10/12/2019 12:58

Bit of an update I've now added new Sky Q 1TB UHD box at no cost to me. …Bit of an update I've now added new Sky Q 1TB UHD box at no cost to me. £20 install fee was also waived off. My TV package is unchanged at £25.50. Happy days!

How did you manage to get skyq?
hishaq10/12/2019 13:01

How did you manage to get skyq?

I was offered Q when I was renegotiating my TV package last week but didn't take it up. Rang back today to ask if it was still available and it was.
Danielle_Mellett26/09/2019 18:24

[Image]

How did you get that, I'm paying £17.00 for sky entertainment £12.00, sky kids £2.50 and sky HD £2.50. Need some help just signed up yesterday. Any suggestions please??
dunnh09/12/2019 12:01

Don`t hold out a lot of hope, I`m finding Sky are playing really hard …Don`t hold out a lot of hope, I`m finding Sky are playing really hard ball, so looks like our equipment is definitely going to be returned. It makes me so cross that they use the excuse all offers are account specific!! so can charge what they want. I would be so happy to sign up for another 18 months (but only want Ent, HD and Box sets) at a decent price. Looks like we will be sticking with Now TV, Netflix etc just need a plan so I know what is on and when.

How much were you paying and how much are you hoping to pay for ent, hd and box

Do you have a copy of the letter, I will try to talk and get it. If that's ok with you
19DembaBa1911/12/2019 12:52

How did you get through to chat

I think I googled sky live chat link. Give that a try.
all the links need updating
So another phone call received from them offering, like the letter i mentioned earlier, Ent + Sports HD for £25.

Refused and told them if they did sports (or even just F1 & Golf) on its own i would sign up but i don't want to pay for the entertainment channels which i don't watch.

He then offered me a brand new Sky HD+ box (?????) and i laughed and said my current one was fine thanks.

He then offered me £50 account credit too meaning the first two months would be free.

I declined and he advised if i didn't accept this offer i would then be classed as a new customer going forward.

I said great, they get better deals anyway, wished him a Merry Christmas and we parted ways lol.

Im feeling its definitely better to go through with cancellation now as opposed to the past where they would try and retain you before full cancellation.
Just been on as my daughters Fibre is ending soon. £27 for 38MB, currently paying £18. 'We can offer you this great saving as you have been such a loyal customer for over 6 years now'. So exactly the same as a new customer gets? Yeah, cancel.
julieallen12/12/2019 14:14

Just been on as my daughters Fibre is ending soon. £27 for 38MB, currently …Just been on as my daughters Fibre is ending soon. £27 for 38MB, currently paying £18. 'We can offer you this great saving as you have been such a loyal customer for over 6 years now'. So exactly the same as a new customer gets? Yeah, cancel.

So what did theyoffer you? £27 for super fast?
Edited by: "ecraigy" 12th Dec 2019
ecraigy12/12/2019 23:09

So what did theyoffer you? £27 for super fast?

not sure what they call it now, not the fastest, the up to 38mb one.
julieallen12/12/2019 23:13

not sure what they call it now, not the fastest, the up to 38mb one.

Well then it’s time to go. History is showing that negotiating with sky Is a waste of time. Just go.Time to check out uswitch for a deal. I’m with Vodafone at just over £20 per month on a 38meg package. Can’t gwt anything quicker at my property
Those having difficulties haggling with Sky, it may just be down to this time of year - just had Black Friday where they were giving substantial discounts for both new + existing customers and they may be doing boxing day or new years discounts too, so at this time of year they've probably got a very limited number of deals that they can make to individual customers

You're best off trying to negotiate when it's a much quieter time of year.

I negotiated my package down from £50 to £26 back in April.
Ent - £10, Kids - £1, Box sets - £1, HD - £1
Wouldn't budge on the £13 for entertainment though, but the actual channel package worked out as an average of 65% off

A couple of months ago, I haggled with Sky for a relative and got Entertainment + HD at £12 for them instead of £27.

It is possible, but just be aware of the time of year and if the first time doesn't work out, try a week or two later since the hidden deals as well as the discretionary discounts agents can give are always changing
raj9113/12/2019 18:16

Those having difficulties haggling with Sky, it may just be down to this …Those having difficulties haggling with Sky, it may just be down to this time of year - just had Black Friday where they were giving substantial discounts for both new + existing customers and they may be doing boxing day or new years discounts too, so at this time of year they've probably got a very limited number of deals that they can make to individual customersYou're best off trying to negotiate when it's a much quieter time of year.I negotiated my package down from £50 to £26 back in April. Ent - £10, Kids - £1, Box sets - £1, HD - £1 Wouldn't budge on the £13 for entertainment though, but the actual channel package worked out as an average of 65% off A couple of months ago, I haggled with Sky for a relative and got Entertainment + HD at £12 for them instead of £27.It is possible, but just be aware of the time of year and if the first time doesn't work out, try a week or two later since the hidden deals as well as the discretionary discounts agents can give are always changing

Thanks for your help. I was paying £15.00 a month for Ent £13.00 Kids £1.00 and HD £1.00 that is after price increase in March this year. My contract was going to expire in February 2020 and I recieved a email on 6th December offering me claim £20.00 a month because my contract was ending and I accepted it thinking it would be Ent £27.00 - £20.00 is £7.00 plus Kids £1.00 and HD £1.00 so in total I was expecting my bill to be £9.00 a month. I got a bill last night and it's £17.00 a month.

Ent £12, Kids £2.50, HD £2.50

What shall I do I called Sky and they are not budging, I would be happy to pay £13.00 a month but they said £17.00 is the best they can offer me.

They can't make the price any lower and I was told if I cancel my tv then they can't promise to offer me this price again. Plus I don't even have Sky Q it's the old Sky+ HD box
Edited by: "19DembaBa19" 14th Dec 2019
ArcadeAssassin12/12/2019 14:05

So another phone call received from them offering, like the letter i …So another phone call received from them offering, like the letter i mentioned earlier, Ent + Sports HD for £25.Refused and told them if they did sports (or even just F1 & Golf) on its own i would sign up but i don't want to pay for the entertainment channels which i don't watch.He then offered me a brand new Sky HD+ box (?????) and i laughed and said my current one was fine thanks.He then offered me £50 account credit too meaning the first two months would be free.I declined and he advised if i didn't accept this offer i would then be classed as a new customer going forward. I said great, they get better deals anyway, wished him a Merry Christmas and we parted ways lol.Im feeling its definitely better to go through with cancellation now as opposed to the past where they would try and retain you before full cancellation.

That's a good price with the £50 credit, if you was to call back can you still get it for that price
hairywaynus11/12/2019 13:23

I think I googled sky live chat link. Give that a try.

I did but nothing is coming up
19DembaBa1914/12/2019 08:19

Any luck

So 3 days after contract expired managed to get via chat. Sky+HD, entertainment, box sets, HD, cinema and sports for £32. Very happy so down from £45 Black Friday offering and£52 pre Black Friday.
Hi all,

Do sky still have the option of taking up a new deal online through your account? I did it this last year which avoided the admin fee. However this year on chat sky won't budge on the admin fee or offer any credits

Thanks
Worth checking your Halifax/Bank of Scotland/Lloyds Rewards. I have a £50 reward showing after my second DD payment when I join or recontract with Sky before 20/01/2020

Had it last year too, around this time so worth checking.
360finder14/12/2019 11:34

Worth checking your Halifax/Bank of Scotland/Lloyds Rewards. I have a £50 …Worth checking your Halifax/Bank of Scotland/Lloyds Rewards. I have a £50 reward showing after my second DD payment when I join or recontract with Sky before 20/01/2020Had it last year too, around this time so worth checking.

It regularly appears on Santander too - we have changed our DD every few months (after qualifying) between Halifax and Santander and keep getting the £50 each time
Anon14/12/2019 12:37

It regularly appears on Santander too - we have changed our DD every few …It regularly appears on Santander too - we have changed our DD every few months (after qualifying) between Halifax and Santander and keep getting the £50 each time

Yeah. Me too

Nice that they also added Sky Mobile to rewards this year too!!
Anon14/12/2019 12:37

It regularly appears on Santander too - we have changed our DD every few …It regularly appears on Santander too - we have changed our DD every few months (after qualifying) between Halifax and Santander and keep getting the £50 each time

How shall I do that I am paying DD with Santander
19DembaBa1914/12/2019 22:40

How shall I do that I am paying DD with Santander

Check the offers to see if you have it available and accept the offer on your bank app/website when logged in. On the app it is below your bank accounts under Retailer Offers.

I don't know if it works if you have an existing DD - you may need to cancel it and then set up anew DD to trigger it.
Edited by: "Anon" 14th Dec 2019
Strange, I had sky q installed yesterday with 2 muliroom boxes for an extra £6.50 but I have just checked my bill and future bills and that price has disappeared from the bills. The boxes still work.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions