8' Intex Easy Set Pool (keeping it clean)

Found 9th Jul
Two days ago, I set up our 8' Intex Easy Set Pool. I have chlorine and a dispenser and have that floating in it (pool has not been used yet). I've also been putting on the filter pump each evening for around 2 hours (is that enough time?). Can somebody tell me if the chlorine tablets and the filter pump will be enough to keep the pool clean (will only have two children using it)? If not, is there something else I should be doing as I was hoping that the water in it would now last for for around 5 weeks? I have a solar cover floating on the water and a tie cover on top. Any advice appreciated. Thank you.
Community Updates
13 Comments
The best thing you can buy is test strips and test the water each day. 5 weeks is too long for a pool imo - but I own holiday lets and we heat our water constantly but it is changed regularly (too regularly for domestic standards). Chlorine dispensers look good and easy but the best thing you can do is remove debris with a net/brush and use the test strips to accurately add chlorine/ph +/- and total alkalinity. Buy a cheap starter kit with the 4 basics and test strips in and see how you go.
Thank you, I have got a net/brush as well but no test strips.
Water will get dirty with kids no matter what I'm afraid.

Best to just net it after use, use what you're using already and keep the pump on for as long as possible.

I kept our 12ft metal framed one crystal clear for about 2 weeks but it was a lot of work after our kid and her friends had been in it daily.

You'll most likely have to change the water or half of it at least a few times in a 5 week period, does depend on how often it's used though.

I use a washing up bowl with water in and get them to stand in it before getting in, helps quite a bit especially when they are in and out in and out with bits all over their feet.
I'm after an 8ft pool...where's yours from? How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Thanks
OneGloveOnTheFence51 m ago

I'm after an 8ft pool...where's yours from? How much did you pay if you …I'm after an 8ft pool...where's yours from? How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking? Thanks

I know you weren't asking me but what type are you after?

These are the two most popular types, the second one is best if you don't have perfectly flat ground.

Argos / b&m are probably the two best places to pick one up.

My first one had a hole in due to the way it was packaged, so I suggest buying from a shop instead of online as it's easier to replace if damaged.

34299489-m5UIJ.jpg
34299489-KPCd0.jpg
dataload22 m ago

I know you weren't asking me but what type are you after? These are the …I know you weren't asking me but what type are you after? These are the two most popular types, the second one is best if you don't have perfectly flat ground.Argos / b&m are probably the two best places to pick one up.My first one had a hole in due to the way it was packaged, so I suggest buying from a shop instead of online as it's easier to replace if damaged.[Image] [Image]

Either of them would be fine. Understandably, there's not many deals around so was just seeing if the OP had found one that's all. The intex is oos on Amazon - £24 ish) but back this week perhaps

Edit: well it was, it's disappeared now ffs!
Edited by: "OneGloveOnTheFence" 9th Jul
I have bought the intex from amazon too, should come tomoz. But I hate the fact you have to keep it clean so regularly.
I thought you take the water out every time just like the cheaper pools.

I'm already thinking it takes 2 hours to fill up and I can't use inside tap for that but how will we enter a freezing cold pool.

Op, how much was you clorine tabs?
Bear in mind you won't be able to fill it if a hosepipe ban is enforced

Also consider the large expense if on a water meter both in supply and wastewater charges.
I don’t use chlorine tabs but Sodium Hypochlorite from online farm shops but you can also purchase Tesco value bleach. Just pour that in instead but I think it’s only 1.5%.

Forget test strips as they are a waste of money and give varying inaccurate results. Look for a cheap Palintest kit to check of Free, combined and total chlorine and a ph test.

You have a solar cover which is the other most important piece of equipment to keep the heat loss down over night.
chocci46 m ago

Bear in mind you won't be able to fill it if a hosepipe ban is …Bear in mind you won't be able to fill it if a hosepipe ban is enforcedAlso consider the large expense if on a water meter both in supply and wastewater charges.

Someone told me it costs them about 6 quid to fill their 8ft easy set up pool, so not really a large expense.
Op, have a read of this, it is intended for larger more permanent pools but will give you an idea.

dengarden.com/swi…ing or this swimuniversity.com/int…ls/

As for forgetting test strips, that's about the worst advice you can get. They are cheap as chips and will show you what is going on in your water. As for Palintest, they are a brand, they do test strips and are more than adequate (as are other brands) for what you need.

Without knowing the model of your pool, if it is 2200 litres, that equates to roughly 2.2 cubic meters. Your water company will have a tariff for your meter charges (if you are on a meter) which would normally be in the region of £1.50 per cubic meter. A tiny amount of money for 2 children to have a few days fun in this hot weather.
Edited by: "windym" 10th Jul
dataload1 h, 7 m ago

Someone told me it costs them about 6 quid to fill their 8ft easy set up …Someone told me it costs them about 6 quid to fill their 8ft easy set up pool, so not really a large expense.

£6 in water supply and £4 for the wastewater charge. Not a great expense I agree, unless you are refilling it weekly all summer
We have had are 10 ft steel frame pool up three weeks ,still crystal clear some tips I do

I run filter on a tmer at 12 noon for 4 hrs,then 00.00 hours for 4 hours

Always net out big bits after its used

Test water with strips daily

Buy full chemical kit best way about £25 ,you get all the stuff you need

Clean your filter every two days and replace its every two weeks

I have a heater on ours also when we need to take the chill off

Kids have there mates over after school today for pool party Haha
Edited by: "ashmac" 10th Jul
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions