Groups
    EXPIRED

8' x 7' sheet, plywood or plastic. Where from?

Been looking at Wickes etc and they only 8' x 5' seems to be the biggest. Any ideas?

17 Comments

Original Poster

I'll take that as a 'no' then, eh?

your probably have to join 2 sheets together

what do you need it for?

Original Poster

fern;8861265

what do you need it for?

I just need it for a simple cover for the barby range in my garden.

Have you got a local timber merchant, Or building supplies that can get you one. I find the more local stores more helpful then the chain stores.

lisat;8864827

Have you got a local timber merchant, Or building supplies that can get … Have you got a local timber merchant, Or building supplies that can get you one. I find the more local stores more helpful then the chain stores.

just spoke to my friend who is in the renovation trade and he said if you have a harlows timber merchant near you they will cut it to the size you require:thumbsup:
    and im sure any other timber yards would to

Original Poster

lisat;8864827

Have you got a local timber merchant, Or building supplies that can get … Have you got a local timber merchant, Or building supplies that can get you one. I find the more local stores more helpful then the chain stores.

shamus1975;8868168

just spoke to my friend who is in the renovation trade and he said if you … just spoke to my friend who is in the renovation trade and he said if you have a harlows timber merchant near you they will cut it to the size you require:thumbsup: and im sure any other timber yards would to

fern;8861265

what do you need it for?

sploshing?!

Original Poster

talldav;8870084

sploshing?!

Hmmmm. Now then............:-D

Original Poster

khel;8870603

]http://www.timberplywood.com/timberOffSaw.html ;-)

Thanks

Banned

never seen an 8' x 5' sheet material b4 because there is no such thing the biggest is 8ft by 4ft or 2440 x 1220
    if you want you need to by 2 sheets cut them to the size you want then lay a 1 ft strip on the join of the 2 bits and screw together

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;8877081

never seen an 8' x 5' sheet material b4 because there is no such thing … never seen an 8' x 5' sheet material b4 because there is no such thing the biggest is 8ft by 4ft or 2440 x 1220if you want you need to by 2 sheets cut them to the size you want then lay a 1 ft strip on the join of the 2 bits and screw together

Thanks bob. Was thinking about that. Obviously for 7' wide I would be left with the required 1' strip (wouldn't care about the join not being central), but wasn't sure if it would be rigid enough?

Banned

deek72;8877169

Thanks bob. Was thinking about that. Obviously for 7' wide I would be … Thanks bob. Was thinking about that. Obviously for 7' wide I would be left with the required 1' strip (wouldn't care about the join not being central), but wasn't sure if it would be rigid enough?

if you buy 18mm marine grade ply (expensive) then it will be strong enough but you should still have 2 people to lift and place it as a lot of strain would be on the joint also to keep it water tight use some clear silicon on the jointed section

Original Poster

fragaliciousbob;8877178

if you buy 18mm marine grade ply (expensive) then it will be strong … if you buy 18mm marine grade ply (expensive) then it will be strong enough but you should still have 2 people to lift and place it as a lot of strain would be on the joint also to keep it water tight use some clear silicon on the jointed section

:thumbsup:

If you go to your local plastic stockists you can get 10mm Twinwall polycarbonate sheets at 2100mm wide (7ft) x 3000mm long (10ft)

Original Poster

fern;8895114

If you go to your local plastic stockists you can get 10mm Twinwall … If you go to your local plastic stockists you can get 10mm Twinwall polycarbonate sheets at 2100mm wide (7ft) x 3000mm long (10ft)

That sounds more like it, thanks. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?48
      2. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?45
      3. Anyone tried the Tyrells website for the mini competition?33
      4. Google assistant notification11

See more discussions