Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

£800 budget for development/programming laptop/machine

Posted 25th Dec 2019
UPDATE: thoughts on HP ENVY x360 15.6” Ryzen 7 512GB 16GB ? I think this is best bet, to reserve for collection from stores tomorrow? Would come at 750£.

Hi all,
Hope you can help as I need to get a machine sorted ASAP.

Work has given me a 800£ budget for a development machine so no gaming rigs or graphic card requirement.

Can just go for cheap thinkpads with 16GB RAM and an i7 but have the opportunity to use the 800 budget so what’s the best machine for 800£ that I can get in time for tomorrow/ Friday (latest)? Want to max out the budget because free money!

Ideally, I’m looking for 16GB if it’s 800quid, a decent processor, a solid screen and a 256GB SSD minimum but open to suggestions.

I’d really appreciate the help, merry christmas!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Hmm I'd give a build list but you wouldn't be receiving it tomorrow, maybe Friday if you paid for faster shipping

But it'd probably be a 3700x with something like a used Rx 580
Shrekt25/12/2019 09:18

Hmm I'd give a build list but you wouldn't be receiving it tomorrow, maybe …Hmm I'd give a build list but you wouldn't be receiving it tomorrow, maybe Friday if you paid for faster shippingBut it'd probably be a 3700x with something like a used Rx 580

Oh no, A LAPTOP i have a PC at home
deleted1965997
I would personally just go for a laptop if it’s for programming work purposes.
Such tight delivery time goin to be tough... My suggestion was to look at Dell Inspiron 5000 range...
DealDog25/12/2019 11:02

Such tight delivery time goin to be tough... My suggestion was to look at …Such tight delivery time goin to be tough... My suggestion was to look at Dell Inspiron 5000 range...

Yeah, apologies! Been looking, check the edited link! Your thoughts before I press reserve and buy?
deleted196599725/12/2019 10:35

I would personally just go for a laptop if it’s for programming work p …I would personally just go for a laptop if it’s for programming work purposes.

I know, I hate it but if I don’t use the budget it’ll go somewhere else soooo
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions