Expired

802.11g or n Wireless for Windows 7 64 bit

4 replies
Found 22nd Aug 2010
I've recently moved into Windows 7 and I've gone 64bit which is working well except for my wireless adapter. My old BT Voyager 1055 has an old Vista driver which I think is causing problems. I'm looking for a good 802.11g or n standard preferably usb adapter with a proper 64bit Windows 7 driver. Looking around I see the Netgear WNDA3100 - but best I can see for that is £30-40 plus shipping.

So I'm looking for a deal not just on the Netgear (looks nice but is a bit much for my desktop) but on any other adapter that would suit.

4 Comments

downloaded the latest Vista driver from the BT website voyager.bt.com/wir…htm and then before running the install proogram I right clicked on the install file, selected Properties, Clicked on the compatibility tab and selected run this program as Windows Vista SP2.

if the above does not work then i have one that will for a fiver

Original Poster

I can get the Vista driver to work, but after a while using the internet the system with restart without an error code, hence I want to replace it with something more solid. The machine works fine while gaming so long as the internet isn't involved so I suspect the wirless driver or adapter is to blame.

£6.99 Delivered @ 7dayshop.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Wireless earphones46
    2. I5 7600k vs i5 740045
    3. Android "Amazon rewards" pop-up???1012
    4. Gatwick Airport Parking55

See more discussions