Groups

8gb SDHC card not working in Fuji s2000hd

Hi,
    Can anyone help, I purchased a 4gb and 8gb SDHC card from Play and found that the 4gb card works in my camera but not the 8 gb card, it shows as " card error". I thought the card was faulty so requested return, however thought I would check in my PC, and it works fine.
    Does anyone knwo how it can be fixed to work? I dont want to send it back to play and for them to confirm that its not faulty only then to charge me for returning it.
    Any advice appreciated

9 Comments

Does your camera accept 8gb cards?

Original Poster

I read the manual and it states it can accept upto 16gb SDHC

Got a nintendo wii? The Wii's support SDHC. Could try the card in there...

Original Poster

Yes got a wii, but seems a waste placing a 8gb class 6 card in their, might just sell it, free listing on ebay this weekend

MPharma;8530286

Yes got a wii, but seems a waste placing a 8gb class 6 card in their, … Yes got a wii, but seems a waste placing a 8gb class 6 card in their, might just sell it, free listing on ebay this weekend

I meant just to put it in there to see if its working....if it works, then its your cameras problem. If the wii doesnt like it, its a problem with the card

are you not supposed to format card before using for the first time?

Original Poster

I see what you mean, I think it does work as it worked in the card slot in computer, managed to drag and save files, photos etc.
    However had another look at manual, it states that the 4gb and 8gb scandisk sdhc card has been tested and works in the camera but they can not guarantee other manufacturers cards will work.
    Still dont understand why the 4gb card worked and the 8gb card did not. I have read somewhere that it may need formatting inside the camera, will try that when I get home.
    Thanks for reply.

Original Poster

Bully;8530763

are you not supposed to format card before using for the first time?

Thanks will try when get home.

Original Poster

Formatted card in camera and now works a treat!! Thanks:thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?59
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423914468
      3. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!22
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553771

See more discussions