9 trophies in three years of management including the Champions League treble. Zinedine Zidane steps down as Real Madrid manager.

Found 31st May
Zinedine Zidane has stepped down as Real Madrid manager after 149 matches, which included 104 wins, 29 draws and 16 defeats.

bbc.co.uk/spo…700

In just three years as manager, Zidane has won the UEFA Champions League three times in a row, two UEFA Super Cups, two FIFA Club World Cups, one La Liga, one Supercopa de Espana (Spanish Super Cup) and awarded the ''FIFA Coach of the Year 2017''. Zidane was also an Assistant Coach in 2013/14 where he won one UEFA Champions League and the Copa Del Rey, before coaching and managing the Real Madrid Castilla 'B Team' for two seasons.

A legend as a player, and now a legend as a manager as well for Real Madrid.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and David Moyes are the only three that they should even consider as a replacement
20 Comments
Chelsea possibly looking for a new manager
deleted1431257
.Yoshi.31st May

Chelsea possibly looking for a new manager

Arsenal, Bayern Munich and PSG missed out
deleted143125731st May

Arsenal, Bayern Munich and PSG missed out

I can imagine PSG are gutted they didn't wait a little longer before appointing new manager! Arsenal though... hmmm
He's been seen at Finch Farm. Evertons Training ground.
Alan Pardew, Sam Allardyce and David Moyes are the only three that they should even consider as a replacement
Chiptivo1 h, 28 m ago

He's been seen at Finch Farm. Evertons Training ground.

Everton have named Portuguese Marco Silva as their manager
Great player, I reserve judgement on his management.

I think Sam Alladyce would have won 3 consecutive ECL finals with that team and *unt Ramos!
deleted1431257
romeospadre1 h, 51 m ago

Great player, I reserve judgement on his management. I think Sam Alladyce …Great player, I reserve judgement on his management. I think Sam Alladyce would have won 3 consecutive ECL finals with that team and *unt Ramos!

I doubt a Sam Allardyce team standing a chance against the top teams in the UCL, and teams like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla domestically (especially if the domestic teams are baying for blood which was what happened regularly for Zidane and Real Madrid throughout last season, almost every match was so open, at timesleaving RM exposed defensively).
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 31st May
Maybe he had to leave to get long term hospital treatment because Ramos stabbed him in the back!
Clearly something to do with Bale and Ronaldo. I think Bale will now stay but they'll sell Ronaldo.

Tbf I could easily have won the treble with the squad he's had but they are approaching a transition period and they won't be as good next season.
deleted143125731st May

I doubt a Sam Allardyce team standing a chance against the top teams in …I doubt a Sam Allardyce team standing a chance against the top teams in the UCL, and teams like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid, Sevilla domestically (especially if the domestic teams are baying for blood which was what happened regularly for Zidane and Real Madrid throughout last season, almost every match was so open, at timesleaving RM exposed defensively).

Let Zidane take on the Ipswich Town job and see how well he does on a cost neutral budget
deleted1431257
romeospadre5 h, 48 m ago

Let Zidane take on the Ipswich Town job and see how well he does on a cost …Let Zidane take on the Ipswich Town job and see how well he does on a cost neutral budget

Can use that same argument against the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho.
deleted14312571st Jun

Can use that same argument against the likes of Guardiola and Mourinho.

Mourinho won the CL with little porto!
deleted1431257
fearona14 m ago

Mourinho won the CL with little porto!

But look at the team of talent Porto won it with - included the likes of Ricardo Carvalho, Paulo Ferreira, Nuno Valente, Deco, Maniche, Pedro Mendes, Bosingwa. A team (along with Monaco) that was getting underestimated by every UCL team they faced, including Man Utd.That Porto team was a main part of the Portugal Euro 2004 team and reached the final, beating Spain, England and Netherlands along the way, only beaten by a spirited Greece team with Charisteas. Hardly “little”.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 1st Jun
Little porto is exactly what they were at the time 50/1 shots as well..
Edited by: "fearona" 1st Jun
.Yoshi.31st May

I can imagine PSG are gutted they didn't wait a little longer before …I can imagine PSG are gutted they didn't wait a little longer before appointing new manager! Arsenal though... hmmm

He might not have played for them but he is Marseille through n through so highly unlikely he'd have gone there.

I know every man has his price but Zizou has always been anything but 'every man' which makes me think he'd knock them back. I say that because he definitely don't need the money and because the Paris/Marseille rivalry is as bitter as it gets in France, very much Rotterdam/Amsterdam proportions.

Can definitely see him going on gardening leave or whatever they call it to recharge his batteries for a while before taking another job.

Maybe even the next manager of France as I don't think him and Deschamps have ever got on so Zidane would probably enjoy taking his gig if they flop in Russia and got sacked because of it.
Anyone with that team would be winning the same trophies.
just a thug

33904892-mw7rA.jpg
brilly2 m ago

just a thug[Image]

It was a peach though, you gotta hand it to him.
deeky1 h, 1 m ago

It was a peach though, you gotta hand it to him.

ref handed it to him
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants