99p echo deal

Posted 29th Oct
just making this thread to discuss the deal and as to why Amazon would be so generous? also in refunding peoples music subscription. I know there may be the odd few who forget to cancel the subscription or do keep it but I'm sure they are making a loss on these??
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
They get data, which is the most valuable asset in the world.
23 Comments
It's probably like the razor blade model. Offer an Echo dot for a cut down price in the hope that you'll then sign up with continuous subscriptions to Music Unlimited and/or Prime which help to tie you in to that Amazon ecosystem for the long term.
Haircut_10029/10/2019 21:32

It's probably like the razor blade model. Offer an Echo dot for a cut down …It's probably like the razor blade model. Offer an Echo dot for a cut down price in the hope that you'll then sign up with continuous subscriptions to Music Unlimited and/or Prime which help to tie you in to that Amazon ecosystem for the long term.

Ahh ok seems like a win win situation for both parties!
Considering Jeff Bezos personally earns nearly $9 million an hour and $1.5 billion a week I think they can afford to make a loss on promotions.
Edited by: "4Real2016" 29th Oct
I ordered and cancelled the subscription but didn't ask for a refund.

I'm happy paying £8.98 for an echo dot.
They get data, which is the most valuable asset in the world.
4Real201629/10/2019 21:37

Considering Jeff Bezos personally earns nearly $9 million an hour and $1.5 …Considering Jeff Bezos personally earns nearly $9 million an hour and $1.5 billion a week I think they can afford to make a loss on promotions.

What!? 9 mil an hour?
ScubaDudes29/10/2019 21:39

I ordered and cancelled the subscription but didn't ask for a refund.I'm …I ordered and cancelled the subscription but didn't ask for a refund.I'm happy paying £8.98 for an echo dot.

You you should be but for me, 99p brings more joy
4Real201629/10/2019 21:44

Sourcehttps://www.businessinsider.com/what-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-makes-every-day-hour-minute-2018-10?r=US&IR=T

Wow! Must have gone up too
deals6929/10/2019 21:40

What!? 9 mil an hour?

That’s chump change for me. Have you seen my GTA money??
Also they usually offer 3months free unlimited with every echo, so that’s £30 worth when you don’t have prime. So these won’t have that. Much of a muchness...
4Real201629/10/2019 21:44

Sourcehttps://www.businessinsider.com/what-amazon-ceo-jeff-bezos-makes-every-day-hour-minute-2018-10?r=US&IR=T

That's a very old article. Hes had to give his ex wife 25billion since then and Amazon shares are right down at the moment with them not doing very well, they've had quite a few mix ups lately one being that student £5 off everything, hence Bill Gates being the richest man alive once again.
The refunded subscription cost probably shouldn’t of happened as that was why you got the dot for 99p by taking out the music subscription.
MWC201230/10/2019 08:38

The refunded subscription cost probably shouldn’t of happened as that was w …The refunded subscription cost probably shouldn’t of happened as that was why you got the dot for 99p by taking out the music subscription.

Yup true but £9 is still very good
deals6929/10/2019 21:40

What!? 9 mil an hour?

Yeah, but after tax he's only left with something like £899999.95p
Edited by: "andymagic" 30th Oct
andymagic30/10/2019 10:26

Yeah, but after tax he's only left with something like £899999.95p after …Yeah, but after tax he's only left with something like £899999.95p after tax

quality
Your phone is always listening, why not every other device around the house?
I just contacted amazon for a refund of the music subscription, it’s not possible if you get it with the echo deal
Miguel071730/10/2019 11:51

I just contacted amazon for a refund of the music subscription, it’s not p …I just contacted amazon for a refund of the music subscription, it’s not possible if you get it with the echo deal

I got my refund
Miguel071730/10/2019 11:51

I just contacted amazon for a refund of the music subscription, it’s not p …I just contacted amazon for a refund of the music subscription, it’s not possible if you get it with the echo deal

deals6930/10/2019 11:57

I got my refund

Lucky one
Toon_army30/10/2019 02:17

That's a very old article. Hes had to give his ex wife 25billion since …That's a very old article. Hes had to give his ex wife 25billion since then and Amazon shares are right down at the moment with them not doing very well, they've had quite a few mix ups lately one being that student £5 off everything, hence Bill Gates being the richest man alive once again.

I know when it was published, January 9th 2019, they couldn't exactly use figures from 2018 - 2019.

Yes his wife took a lump of his personal wealth but that has nothing to do with Amazons profits.

There's a reason the share price fell recently, even that would only see Jeff out of pocket of one months earnings.

inc.com/min…tml

The student promo code mix up was estimated to have cost a few hundred thousand which is peanuts for Amazon, it probably gave them more publicity than advertising costing considerably more.

Jeff is still on top according to forbes list, the one they pubish in realtime

forbes.com/bil…t/;
Edited by: "4Real2016" 30th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants