A Big Royal Announcement Imminent

Found 25th Nov 2017
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
deleted265520
Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal Family.

I await the traitor/treason comments

I recommend reading this essay by Christopher Hitches on the British fetish with the Royal Family:
amazon.co.uk/Mon…7H0

They are the epitome of elitism and even the Queen's Estate is screwing over the Tax Payer in the most recent Paradise Paper outrage.

Vive la République!
DT8925th Nov 2017

Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal …Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal Family.I await the traitor/treason comments (y)I recommend reading this essay by Christopher Hitches on the British fetish with the Royal Family:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monarchy-Critique-Britains-Favourite-Fetish-ebook/dp/B0082BA7H0They are the epitome of elitism and even the Queen's Estate is screwing over the Tax Payer in the most recent Paradise Paper outrage.Vive la République!

Because countries without Royal Families have no Corruption or Greed in them..
They are getting proper jobs ?
Paying the right amount of tax?
Edited by: "sydney871" 25th Nov 2017
40 Comments
Prince Philip will be headlining the Royal Variety Performance 2018 after he was disappointed with how PC last night's jokes were.
deleted265520
Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal Family.

I await the traitor/treason comments

I recommend reading this essay by Christopher Hitches on the British fetish with the Royal Family:
amazon.co.uk/Mon…7H0

They are the epitome of elitism and even the Queen's Estate is screwing over the Tax Payer in the most recent Paradise Paper outrage.

Vive la République!
Original Poster
DT8925th Nov 2017

Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal …Hopefully a mass abdication and they announce the end to the Royal Family.I await the traitor/treason comments (y)I recommend reading this essay by Christopher Hitches on the British fetish with the Royal Family:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Monarchy-Critique-Britains-Favourite-Fetish-ebook/dp/B0082BA7H0They are the epitome of elitism and even the Queen's Estate is screwing over the Tax Payer in the most recent Paradise Paper outrage.Vive la République!

I didn’t know you were a royalist
DT8925th Nov 2017

Because countries without Royal Families have no Corruption or Greed in them..
Mummy should let elderly son have a go on the throne
DT8925th Nov 2017

It must be a gift that you manage to see negatives in virtually everything.
They are getting proper jobs ?
Paying the right amount of tax?
Edited by: "sydney871" 25th Nov 2017
deleted265520
shadey121 h, 2 m ago

What are you basing that on?

Because I've said Islam needs to sort out the sectarianism within? Most people will agree with that.

Or because I've implied the elitist British Family do not contribute anything to society other than a warped view of what it means to "British" whilst they leach off the tax payer?
deleted265520
splatsplatsplat1 h, 45 m ago

Because countries without Royal Families have no Corruption or Greed in …Because countries without Royal Families have no Corruption or Greed in them..

Is that even relevant?
Greed and corruption can exist with or without a Royal Family. However, abolishing a Monarchy means one less parasite sponging off the regular people and giving little back.
They keep reporting on it, so it will be due at some point!
Meh I like the Royal Family, rather have the queen as the head of state rather someone like Trump or one of the any world wide presidents that destroy their country. It's a little extra bit of constitutional protection that keeps the idiots at bay.
DT8925th Nov 2017

I was with you till you started referencing Hitchens it's pretty obvious they're a waste of space. I don't need to buy someone's book, who's obsessed enough themselves to have made a living out of the ****s to validate my own opinion.
I hope they are not breeding again theres more then enough of em already. Heres hoping they had a look through the records and found that the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha where never granted British citizenship and will have to go home after brexit.
deleted265520
MSK.16 m ago

I was with you till you started referencing Hitchens it's …I was with you till you started referencing Hitchens it's pretty obvious they're a waste of space. I don't need to buy someone's book, who's obsessed enough themselves to have made a living out of the ****s to validate my own opinion.

It's a short essay not a book. Summarises it's pretty well even if you don't like his other works.
Edited by: "deleted265520" 25th Nov 2017
deleted265520
catbeans17 m ago

Meh I like the Royal Family, rather have the queen as the head of state …Meh I like the Royal Family, rather have the queen as the head of state rather someone like Trump or one of the any world wide presidents that destroy their country. It's a little extra bit of constitutional protection that keeps the idiots at bay.

They are not in the slightest comparable.

She has no political power other than very limited ceremonial involvement.

They are redundant.
DT8925th Nov 2017

They are not in the slightest comparable.She has no political power other …They are not in the slightest comparable.She has no political power other than very limited ceremonial involvement.They are redundant.

That's the point, congrats.
deleted265520
catbeans1 h, 50 m ago

That's the point, congrats.

?

You've said you rather have the Queen than Trump. That doesn't make any sense.

If you're going to compare the better of two evils in terms of political power then compare the President of USA to a leading figure in the UK - the Prime Minister.
shadey127 h, 41 m ago

Oh!

Ooooh you didn't?

Ooooooh you did!

32562101-9x75R.jpg
DT8925th Nov 2017

?You've said you rather have the Queen than Trump. That doesn't make any …?You've said you rather have the Queen than Trump. That doesn't make any sense.If you're going to compare the better of two evils in terms of political power then compare the President of USA to a leading figure in the UK - the Prime Minister.

you've completely missed the point. In the US the head of state is the president, Trump or no Trump it doesn't matter, Pres. is the absolute power. In the UK we have a symbolic head of state who even the PM is under and must act in accordance with, these powers have not been used and probably couldn't, but they exist, say if we ended up as Trump as PM and 60%+ of the populace wanted him gone and it was the only way, the powers could be evoked, same with MPs or the parliament as whole. This also means the UK can maintain a head of state even when a parliament is incapable to serve for some reason, no party can monopolise parliament or form a parliament with 51% of MP's without asking the queen if they may form a government.

The Queen can has no political agenda when representing the UK, Presidents can, our head of state is and has been (besides some fairly mundane moments above the political climate. She has no financial agenda when representing the UK (get ready for posts saying otherwise). They also spend their entire life becoming heads of state, instead of a few years (Obama, Trump) . Presidents even figure head ones usually come with a long political background, political links and interests, evidence shows even these will manipulate in favour of the party they support again the Monarchy does not. This also bares out in statistics and history that show constitutional monarchies are more democratically fair.

The whole point of our government therefore is that the queen lacks power over law and no politician is ever the surpeme power that's the point.
Edited by: "catbeans" 25th Nov 2017
No one should have the power and influence the Queen and her family does by an accident of birth

end of

Do we even need a 'head of state'
if we do then they should be elected !

As to these hugely wealthy and privileged people(and their hugely wealthy friends) getting massive handouts from the state it is utterly obscene
Edited by: "Wongy110" 25th Nov 2017
alltaken12325th Nov 2017

Trump was elected into the role of head of state. Was he accidently born …Trump was elected into the role of head of state. Was he accidently born into the connections and money that arguably ultimately got him to the presidency?I like the Royal Family, they don't seem to do any harm and create more money than they spend, so why not? If it wasn't 'Royalty', it would be 'Elitism' that's attacked, at least the royals hold themselves to a code of sorts and can be appreciated (IMO) more than born into money alternatives that more often than royals, go on to practice ripping off as many people as possible, again, the royals pay their own way....

No they don't they tax dodge
Bright House to get royal seal
deleted265520
catbeans2 h, 35 m ago

you've completely missed the point. In the US the head of state is the …you've completely missed the point. In the US the head of state is the president, Trump or no Trump it doesn't matter, Pres. is the absolute power. In the UK we have a symbolic head of state who even the PM is under and must act in accordance with, these powers have not been used and probably couldn't, but they exist, say if we ended up as Trump as PM and 60%+ of the populace wanted him gone and it was the only way, the powers could be evoked, same with MPs or the parliament as whole. This also means the UK can maintain a head of state even when a parliament is incapable to serve for some reason, no party can monopolise parliament or form a parliament with 51% of MP's without asking the queen if they may form a government.The Queen can has no political agenda when representing the UK, Presidents can, our head of state is and has been (besides some fairly mundane moments above the political climate. She has no financial agenda when representing the UK (get ready for posts saying otherwise). They also spend their entire life becoming heads of state, instead of a few years (Obama, Trump) . Presidents even figure head ones usually come with a long political background, political links and interests, evidence shows even these will manipulate in favour of the party they support again the Monarchy does not. This also bares out in statistics and history that show constitutional monarchies are more democratically fair.The whole point of our government therefore is that the queen lacks power over law and no politician is ever the surpeme power that's the point.

Thanks but that didn't need explaining.

Whats the point in this so called Head of State when she has so little power? When May failed to secure a majority in the most recent General Election the Queen didn't do anything other than delay her speech?

She has a very limited "checks and balance" power that she doesn't even use when she can.

Absolute waste of space.

You're only comparison between the Queen and Trump is that they are both referred to as a Head of State. In every other way there is little to no similarity.
deleted265520
alltaken12325th Nov 2017

Trump was elected into the role of head of state. Was he accidently born …Trump was elected into the role of head of state. Was he accidently born into the connections and money that arguably ultimately got him to the presidency?I like the Royal Family, they don't seem to do any harm and create more money than they spend, so why not? If it wasn't 'Royalty', it would be 'Elitism' that's attacked, at least the royals hold themselves to a code of sorts and can be appreciated (IMO) more than born into money alternatives that more often than royals, go on to practice ripping off as many people as possible, again, the royals pay their own way....

You don't actually believe any of that do you?
deleted265520
philphil613 h, 2 m ago

Oh!Ooooh you didn't?Ooooooh you did![Image]

The irony of Mr Negative himself jumping in with that gif.

How about stop being a dormouse and take 50% of HUKD off your ignore list.
DT I think you have the wrong end of the stick here a bit
when it comes to how much power they have
the Queen can stick her oar at all sorts of times if she feels like it

Our democracy is fragile to say the least having the potential to go back to a dictatorship should be removed asap.
DT8925th Nov 2017

Thanks but that didn't need explaining.Whats the point in this so called …Thanks but that didn't need explaining.Whats the point in this so called Head of State when she has so little power? When May failed to secure a majority in the most recent General Election the Queen didn't do anything other than delay her speech?She has a very limited "checks and balance" power that she doesn't even use when she can.Absolute waste of space.You're only comparison between the Queen and Trump is that they are both referred to as a Head of State. In every other way there is little to no similarity.

She didn't need to step in did she? but while it was being worked out we still had a head of state, beyond that you ignored the rest and TELL ME my point is apparently "the Queen and Trump are both referred to as head of state", you are one of those people, telling me what the point i was making is, that takes a few bits that fits their monotone point and ignores the rest, bye.
Wongy11055 m ago

DT I think you have the wrong end of the stick here a bitwhen it comes to …DT I think you have the wrong end of the stick here a bitwhen it comes to how much power they havethe Queen can stick her oar at all sorts of times if she feels like itOur democracy is fragile to say the least having the potential to go back to a dictatorship should be removed asap.

you've got it backwards, as long as we have a queen it will not go back to a dictatorship that is the point of a figure head head of state. Just look at all the countries and the presidential power creep that has resulted in dictatorships, Russia being the obvious one, or just watch Turkey right now.
deleted265520
Wongy1101 h, 28 m ago

DT I think you have the wrong end of the stick here a bitwhen it comes to …DT I think you have the wrong end of the stick here a bitwhen it comes to how much power they havethe Queen can stick her oar at all sorts of times if she feels like itOur democracy is fragile to say the least having the potential to go back to a dictatorship should be removed asap.

Either way I think it should be removed.
I don't think she acts on the power she has and seems to be a puppet for the PM, etc

But if she did act on this power then I'd also want her removed.

I just don't feel comfortable in an unelected head of state who is paid by the tax payer yet is the polar opposite of 99.9% of the public.
deleted265520
catbeans40 m ago

She didn't need to step in did she? but while it was being worked out we …She didn't need to step in did she? but while it was being worked out we still had a head of state, beyond that you ignored the rest and TELL ME my point is apparently "the Queen and Trump are both referred to as head of state", you are one of those people, telling me what the point i was making is, that takes a few bits that fits their monotone point and ignores the rest, bye.

I'm not telling you anything if you're going to insist on shouting.

I don't even know why you're arguing. You made some silly comment about rather having The Queen than Trump. I simply said that other than the term "Head of State" the two aren't comparable. Nothing else really needed to be said.
Do people still care about the royal family? I mean except pensioners obviously.
DT8925th Nov 2017

I'm not telling you anything if you're going to insist on shouting.I don't …I'm not telling you anything if you're going to insist on shouting.I don't even know why you're arguing. You made some silly comment about rather having The Queen than Trump. I simply said that other than the term "Head of State" the two aren't comparable. Nothing else really needed to be said.

Shouting? It's text mate. My point is that they aren't comparable. Read my post, I explained why it's good they aren't the same. Hence why it's good not to have a president as your head of state. It's not a case of they are both "labelled" heads of state they are both heads of state.

Jesus
DT8925th Nov 2017

Either way I think it should be removed.I don't think she acts on the …Either way I think it should be removed.I don't think she acts on the power she has and seems to be a puppet for the PM, etcBut if she did act on this power then I'd also want her removed.I just don't feel comfortable in an unelected head of state who is paid by the tax payer yet is the polar opposite of 99.9% of the public.

Best do it now imo before we end up with someone really nasty in the 'job'
not like this family are short of them !
catbeans2 h, 59 m ago

you've got it backwards, as long as we have a queen it will not go back to …you've got it backwards, as long as we have a queen it will not go back to a dictatorship that is the point of a figure head head of state. Just look at all the countries and the presidential power creep that has resulted in dictatorships, Russia being the obvious one, or just watch Turkey right now.

Like I said before
Why do we need one at all?

and if we do why should we have an unelected one ?

it is democracy that we need to preserve !
although there are more concerning issues at present like the erosion of Parliament and cabinte
Uilleam1716 h, 32 m ago

The Queen is leaving Philip for Robert Mugabe

Argh, this must surely be the most hideous comment in the history of MISC.
deleted265520
splender7 h, 25 m ago

Argh, this must surely be the most hideous comment in the history of MISC.

Give it a rest - that's timid.
DT8925th Nov 2017

The irony of Mr Negative himself jumping in with that gif.How about stop …The irony of Mr Negative himself jumping in with that gif.How about stop being a dormouse and take 50% of HUKD off your ignore list.

He ain't going to do that he's a typical bigot, moans about freedom then ignores others who say things he doesn't agree with
Wongy11016 h, 34 m ago

She'd be too frightened of having the royals financial and tax arrangements looked into by parliament if she did, its very easy to shut up that parasite, her and her families greed have left themselves wide open to being nutured
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions