A bit of fun? Bragging post? First World problem? You decide :)

Posted 6th Apr
Hi everyone,

Maybe a bit of a weird post this, but might help sooth the boredom of being stuck at home for some of you.

I'm a bit of a compulsive buyer/shopper, but I seem to be getting to the point of being 'the man who has everything'. I'm not saying that to boast believe it or not, I am looking for inspiration please.

If any of you guys have time, please post which item you love, the best purchase you ever made, the thing that you couldn't live without, or similar, and with any luck I may get some inspiration as to what I can buy, so at least I have a visit from the postman to look forward to!

I honestly think I will replying to say 'already got' in most instances, but you never know...

For information, I'm a man in my 40s, and the only thing I am not interested in, therefore don't own much relating to, is gaming. I would say the main things I like to buy are electronics, and 'luxury goods', that feel nice to own.

Huge thanks in advance, and hope others may find the subject interesting too.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the surprise it may come with (if you know you know)
42 Comments
Record player.

Then there are countless vinyl records you can buy when you have nothing to buy 😜
Marycannell06/04/2020 14:38

Record player.Then there are countless vinyl records you can buy when you …Record player.Then there are countless vinyl records you can buy when you have nothing to buy 😜

Haha, thanks, that's a good shout and I don't have one...however, I personally think it's crazy getting back into vinyl now, I like asking Alexa to play music
Nvidia Shield?
Atmos Surround sound?
4K blu ray player?
A Bane mask from The Dark Knight Rises that when the police ask you for identity while out during the pandemic, you can respond with m.youtube.com/wat…9yI

That’s all I’ve got. Well, apart from the Bane mask. That I’m considering.
I collect gaming memorabilia and one of my favourite things I own is my gears of war replica lancer

40321444-eYDLv.jpg
Biddy206/04/2020 14:44

Nvidia Shield? Atmos Surround sound? 4K blu ray player?A Bane mask from …Nvidia Shield? Atmos Surround sound? 4K blu ray player?A Bane mask from The Dark Knight Rises that when the police ask you for identity while out during the pandemic, you can respond with https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-cshZ6439yIThat’s all I’ve got. Well, apart from the Bane mask. That I’m considering.

Hi, thanks for replying, really appreciate.

I already have a Shield, and am Atmos system.

I don't bother with Blu Ray, for pretty much the same reason as the vinyl already mentioned, I'm a happy streamer

Bane mask is a great idea, will take a look further into it
Best things I spent/spend money on: my dog and cat

Disproportionate joy: rice cooker (perfect rice every time!!)

Makes life better: laptop, as it means I can do my uni work, keep up with the news & buy my HUKD bargains

Love it: my lovely bedding.
Edited by: "sicklysweet" 6th Apr
sicklysweet06/04/2020 14:47

Best things I spentspend money on: my dog and catDisproportionate joy: …Best things I spentspend money on: my dog and catDisproportionate joy: rice cooker (perfect rice every time!!)Makes life better: laptop, as it means I can do my uni work, keep up with the news & buy my HUKD bargains Love it: my lovely bedding.

I love dogs, but working long hours would mean leaving him/her alone too much, so it would be selfish of me to get another one, sadly.

I already have a couple of MacBook Pros, a newish one, and an 'old faithful' that I still am rather fond of.

100% agree with bedding, but recently renewed it all

The rice cooker sounds a bit too healthy for me, but appreciate the idea
Leatherman.
Are you Kyle Walker?
ezzer7206/04/2020 14:46

Hi, thanks for replying, really appreciate.I already have a Shield, and am …Hi, thanks for replying, really appreciate.I already have a Shield, and am Atmos system.I don't bother with Blu Ray, for pretty much the same reason as the vinyl already mentioned, I'm a happy streamer Bane mask is a great idea, will take a look further into it

What about a drone? Something like a DJi Mavic mini or similar? Not cheap, but could give you something to do while stuck in the home/garden.
Edited by: "Biddy2" 6th Apr
40322176-rcANX.jpg40322176-xwAAf.jpg
Something useful.
Biddy206/04/2020 15:33

What about a drone? Something like a DJi Mavic mini or similar? Not cheap, …What about a drone? Something like a DJi Mavic mini or similar? Not cheap, but could give you something to do while stuck in the home/garden.

Hi again, thanks once more for your time.

I already have a drone, annoyingly I haven't used it in ages due to being busy with work - I now have tonnes of time on my hands, but presume going out flying it isn't classed as essential I could try and fly from my garden as you say, might give it a whirl (see what I did there, haha).

I did however get around to passing the online test and paying the £9 to register a few days ago, so as and when I can go back out to play, I'm all sorted.
An outdoor projector
Arcade cabinet.

Not got one myself but have got a raspberry pi with a few different controllers and thousands of retro games.
Are you into photography by any chance? If so, get yourself a DSLR. If you already have one, try buying a different format ( if you own APSC, get a Full Frame, or a Mirrorless... even a Medium Format if budget is not an issue) or try a different system altogether. From there, you will have a wealth of lenses and other photo gear to look forward to buying!
“ I have enough lenses”, said no photographer ever!
Edited by: "MadrileanBlond77" 6th Apr
adamderak06/04/2020 15:45

An outdoor projector

Thanks mate, is that for watching movies outdoors you mean?
m1keyp1key06/04/2020 15:50

Arcade cabinet. Not got one myself but have got a raspberry pi with a few …Arcade cabinet. Not got one myself but have got a raspberry pi with a few different controllers and thousands of retro games.

Thanks, but as I mentioned, I don't do gaming at all...wouldn't mind a proper Outrun machine to be fair
MadrileanBlond7706/04/2020 15:52

Are you into photography by any chance? If so, get yourself a DSLR. If you …Are you into photography by any chance? If so, get yourself a DSLR. If you already have one, try buying a different format ( if you own APSC, get a Full Frame, or a Mirrorless... even a Medium Format if budget is not an issue) or try a different system altogether. From there, you will have a wealth of lenses and other photo gear to look forward to buy!“ I have enough lenses”, said no photographer ever!

And nothing shouts out weirdo more than a man sat at his window during "lockdown" with a brand new camera with new lenses on it.
A pair of binoculars.
A fish tank
A gimbal for your phone
Nest thormastat
A huge lego set
A DSLR camera and learn how to take great photos
Sc4mp006/04/2020 15:57

And nothing shouts out weirdo more than a man sat at his window during …And nothing shouts out weirdo more than a man sat at his window during "lockdown" with a brand new camera with new lenses on it.

But once the lockdown is over... he will have so much to shoot!
MadrileanBlond7706/04/2020 15:52

Are you into photography by any chance? If so, get yourself a DSLR. If you …Are you into photography by any chance? If so, get yourself a DSLR. If you already have one, try buying a different format ( if you own APSC, get a Full Frame, or a Mirrorless... even a Medium Format if budget is not an issue) or try a different system altogether. From there, you will have a wealth of lenses and other photo gear to look forward to buy!“ I have enough lenses”, said no photographer ever!

Hi, thanks for replying.

I wouldn't say I'm into photography as such (my smartphone does me for general needs) however, I got the buzz to start making Youtube videos a while back, but haven't really done much about it since - now could be the time...

In order to do so, I bought a Lumix Mirrorless set up (currently have 4 lenses), the drone as already mentioned, Zoom audio recorders, various microphones, tripods, lighting, an eGPU to help my Macs along with editing, a couple of action cams, a backdrop set, a DJI Osmo - barely touched any of it I think I enjoy the buying more than the using.
I couldn’t live without a quooker tap in my kitchen
MonkeyMan9006/04/2020 16:00

A pair of binoculars.A fish tankA gimbal for your phoneNest thormastatA …A pair of binoculars.A fish tankA gimbal for your phoneNest thormastatA huge lego setA DSLR camera and learn how to take great photos

Thanks - I have binoculars, Nest, gimbal and mirrorless camera, but not a fish tank....hmmm, could be a good shout that, cheers.

Think I'm too old for Lego now
ezzer7206/04/2020 16:06

Thanks - I have binoculars, Nest, gimbal and mirrorless camera, but not a …Thanks - I have binoculars, Nest, gimbal and mirrorless camera, but not a fish tank....hmmm, could be a good shout that, cheers.Think I'm too old for Lego now

You're never too old for lego haha. If you do get a fish tank I'd recommend a 200 litre tank if you have the space.
ezzer7206/04/2020 15:56

Thanks mate, is that for watching movies outdoors you mean?

Yup
This is what I want, but I just can't bring myself to depart with cash.
Don't think it will through letterbox...

40322715-nm6mn.jpg
philajones06/04/2020 16:16

This is what I want, but I just can't bring myself to depart with cash. …This is what I want, but I just can't bring myself to depart with cash. Don't think it will through letterbox... [Image]

I get a brand new car with my job, replaced a number of times a year (I work in the Motor Industry) so don't really get excited by cars anymore, I must admit though, they have never been as flash as that
ezzer7206/04/2020 16:19

I get a brand new car with my job, replaced a number of times a year (I …I get a brand new car with my job, replaced a number of times a year (I work in the Motor Industry) so don't really get excited by cars anymore, I must admit though, they have never been as flash as that

Yep, I agree - never been too excited about cars (and I've had a few). But this one has always caught my eye - 5.9 litre V12 and looks stunning. I think I'm having a late-life crysis. Might still buy one yet, when I was on the Vodka the other day in lockdown, I made some enquiries with two dealers...doh!
Get yourself a classic car ..... the spend / parcels never stop then
ezzer7206/04/2020 15:57

Thanks, but as I mentioned, I don't do gaming at all...wouldn't mind a …Thanks, but as I mentioned, I don't do gaming at all...wouldn't mind a proper Outrun machine to be fair

Retro gaming is a whole different world to the xbox ps4 world. I find most new games boring, but give me some games from the 80s and i love them.

I've always wanted a pinball machine as well.
m1keyp1key06/04/2020 16:56

Retro gaming is a whole different world to the xbox ps4 world. I find most …Retro gaming is a whole different world to the xbox ps4 world. I find most new games boring, but give me some games from the 80s and i love them. I've always wanted a pinball machine as well.

Half life 2 always, there's a new Black Mesa out...that's pretty good. I still have a playstation 1 gathering dust and possibly a thousand discs, obviously originals
Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the surprise it may come with (if you know you know)
ChelseaRae06/04/2020 17:13

Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the …Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the surprise it may come with (if you know you know)

I'm unaware of that, but you have my interest
ChelseaRae06/04/2020 17:13

Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the …Order a Superdry jacket from Very... sounds like you could do with the surprise it may come with (if you know you know)

Haha! Read that thread earlier...XD
Kawasaki H2R?

Well, I'd like to.

Edited by: "Meathotukdeals" 6th Apr
Marycannell06/04/2020 17:26

Thisiswhyimbroke.comLots of cool stuff on there!

This made me laugh, why would you want this?
Quote: Now you can own a USB stick that destroys anything in its path. Once you plug in this weaponized USB kill stick, it will rapidly charge its capacitors from the USB power supply and then discharge it, permanently disabling any unprotected equipment.
sicklysweet06/04/2020 14:47

Best things I spent/spend money on: my dog and catDisproportionate joy: …Best things I spent/spend money on: my dog and catDisproportionate joy: rice cooker (perfect rice every time!!)Makes life better: laptop, as it means I can do my uni work, keep up with the news & buy my HUKD bargains Love it: my lovely bedding.

Beat me to it! I was going to say my cat!
40324490-kezPN.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions