Groups

A bit peed with dell, do i have any recourse

Banned
    It is bewcomeing one thign after another with this god damn lappy, do i have any recourse with dell

purchased november 2009

8 months battery was exchanged as lost its charging capability
    12 months returned for heat sink to be replaced

at that time i took 3 years extra warranty out

13 months LCD back cover was replaced
    and now at 14 months the chargers rubber/plastic at end is breaking up, so now this is going to need replacing, it seems to be one amount of money after another and only had it 14 months

18 Comments

you can argue under the sales of good act it isnt fit for its purpose

purchased nov 09?? had 14 months?

Banned

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Take it as a lesson learned.

everytime i start my dell laptop it says that something has failed to start, not always the same thing but there is always something

Original Poster Banned

loupomm;7560405

purchased nov 09?? had 14 months?

oops sorry was nov 08:oops:

Original Poster Banned

FilthAndFurry;7560412

Buy cheap, buy twice.Take it as a lesson learned.

it wasnt cheap it was nearly £600, now nearly £750 with extended warranty :w00t:

Seeing as it's seperate issues and I take it all covered by the warranty then not really.
    If it had been within the first 6 months then yes but if all it's costing you is P&P then stick with the warranty.

Original Poster Banned

onlyme23;7560386

you can argue under the sales of good act it isnt fit for its purpose

doesnt that have to be continual fault, if each one is different i thought that didnt come into it

Banned

sassie;7560426

it wasnt cheap it was nearly £600, now nearly £750 with extended warranty … it wasnt cheap it was nearly £600, now nearly £750 with extended warranty :w00t:

Should've bought from Apple:thumbsup:

Original Poster Banned

lawe;7560432

Seeing as it's seperate issues and I take it all covered by the warranty … Seeing as it's seperate issues and I take it all covered by the warranty then not really. If it had been within the first 6 months then yes but if all it's costing you is P&P then stick with the warranty.

it is an inhome warranty, but aint going to cover battery and charger

sassie;7560435

doesnt that have to be continual fault, if each one is different i … doesnt that have to be continual fault, if each one is different i thought that didnt come into it

not really cause a laptop is expected to have a longer lifespan than 14 months without keep getting faults that need repairing, you have the arguement that the amount of seperate faults within the timescale make it unfit for its purpose, but its always hit or miss weather they will play ball.

Original Poster Banned

onlyme23;7560473

not really cause a laptop is expected to have a longer lifespan than 14 … not really cause a laptop is expected to have a longer lifespan than 14 months without keep getting faults that need repairing, you have the arguement that the amount of seperate faults within the timescale make it unfit for its purpose, but its always hit or miss weather they will play ball.

they probably arent and trying to argue the toss over the phone is going to be useless, cant even find an email address for them

sassie;7560495

they probably arent and trying to argue the toss over the phone is going … they probably arent and trying to argue the toss over the phone is going to be useless, cant even find an email address for them

best way to do it is to put in it in writing in a letter to the company headoffice, listing all the faults and repair times and quoting the sales of good act and how you feel it isnt suitable for its purpose and would like a replacement or refund and give them a date to respond by eg a couple weeks.

(i did it with my old acer laptop and thats whats consumer direct advised)

Original Poster Banned

warranty, so deffo doesnt cover charger

4. Next Business Day On-site Service covering labour and the expedited repair or replacement
    of parts in the main system unit, including monitor, keyboard and mouse, if not ordered
    separately, and after confirmed diagnosis with Dell Technical Support.

SERVICE EXCLUSIONS
    Without limitation this service does not include:
    (i) items purchased and/or installed through Dell Software & Peripherals (ReadyWare)

sassie;7560444

it is an inhome warranty, but aint going to cover battery and charger

I would understand the battery but surely the charger would be covered?

Original Poster Banned

only had new battery 4 months and already only charging to 93% again

Original Poster Banned

lawe;7560531

I would understand the battery but surely the charger would be covered?

it is not in the main system

FilthAndFurry;7560441

Should've bought from Apple:thumbsup:

I had an XPS laptop and it was one thing after another. Dead pixels = screen replaced. Bezel falling off, more dead pixels. Got the entire laptop replaced within first month. Similar problems with the new one only the damn thing was electrocuting me! Turned out to be the charger wasn't 3 pronged. Piece of crap! Ended up going for a unibody Macbook and have NEVER looked back :thumbsup:

I'll never buy another Dell!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.67
      2. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1324
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846245
      4. Are these two things distinctly different to you?25102

See more discussions