Groups

A Bit Random But Does Anyone Here Suffer With Trigeminal Neuralgia?

I have recently been diagnosed with this and boy am i suffering! Have just started on tablets but they havent taken effect yet.

14 Comments

Had to google it so no lol. Sounds terrible though I feel for you :-( hope it gets better soon

im under 50

HTH

Original Poster

Im only 30!

Damn, I'd never heard of this before and now twice in 1 week :w00t:

I believe it hurts like hell...you have my sympathies..

I also had to google it so i dont suffer from it, you get my sympathies

"the suicide disease" :-( sad to hear you have it, must be awfull

Original Poster

Its not nice! Ive only suffered for a few months but i found a forum earlier where people have suffered for years and years!

I'll take a look at those links thanks DLM

Sad to hear you have it!

Jobibear's wife here: I do. Onset some eight years ago, diagnosis last summer, at the fine age of 35. Utter hellish condition! Gabapentin helps me, but it took a while for the pills to kick in when I first started taking them. Fingers crossed you respond well (and quick!) to whatever tablets you've been given. Take care.

Original Poster

jobibear;7952587

Jobibear's wife here: I do. Onset some eight years ago, diagnosis last … Jobibear's wife here: I do. Onset some eight years ago, diagnosis last summer, at the fine age of 35. Utter hellish condition! Gabapentin helps me, but it took a while for the pills to kick in when I first started taking them. Fingers crossed you respond well (and quick!) to whatever tablets you've been given. Take care.

Ive been given carbamazepine - just 1 a day for a week then got to up it to 2 a day before going back to see doc. Im really hoping they kick in soon - i find it hard not snapping at the kids when i have an attack which is not fair on them.

Glad you finally got a diagnosis after all those years - must have been a relief!

loobie;7952653

Ive been given carbamazepine - just 1 a day for a week then got to up it … Ive been given carbamazepine - just 1 a day for a week then got to up it to 2 a day before going back to see doc. Im really hoping they kick in soon - i find it hard not snapping at the kids when i have an attack which is not fair on them.Glad you finally got a diagnosis after all those years - must have been a relief!

Just a little note about Carbamazepine if you're a female of child bearing age - its a teratogenic drug, basically meaning that its extremely dangerous to unborn children. Also check the rest of the side effect profile, so you'll recognise them if you experience any. My experience with this drug is more to do with its mood stabilisation properties really, hope the positive effects outweigh the negative...

Original Poster

jonincov;7953497

Just a little note about Carbamazepine if you're a female of child … Just a little note about Carbamazepine if you're a female of child bearing age - its a teratogenic drug, basically meaning that its extremely dangerous to unborn children. Also check the rest of the side effect profile, so you'll recognise them if you experience any. My experience with this drug is more to do with its mood stabilisation properties really, hope the positive effects outweigh the negative...

Thanks for that, the unborn baby part is not a concern for me lol but i will keep an eye out for other possible side effects.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?32160
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846220
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO34
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764317

See more discussions