Expired

A cheap laptop for my 13 year old daughter

Found 1st Jun
Hi I wanted some advise on which laptop I should buy for my 13 year old daughter.
She likes to play games ie roblox and simulators etc & she will be writing Essays for her home work and general social media and downloading pictures/ music.
My budget is up to £300.
She would like a 15 Inch laptop.
Thank you very much in advance.
Community Updates
AskLaptop
16 Comments
Get one with a SSD. You won’t regret it. I used always buy laptops with hard drives, however if I used them now they would be painfully slow compared to SSD ones.
TheRatedSeller12 m ago

Get one with a SSD. You won’t regret it. I used always buy laptops with h …Get one with a SSD. You won’t regret it. I used always buy laptops with hard drives, however if I used them now they would be painfully slow compared to SSD ones.

Tbh nearly all laptops nowadays come with ssds (even the budget ones). I think companies realised that they can make more money by providing people with extremely small ssds so they have to either switch them out or buy external drives
Thank you both of you. Yes most do have SSD storage
Does anybody know if I can find a SSD storage & Full HD. 4GB Ram and 1 TB storage in a laptop 14/15 inch for under £300 Please?
She doesn't like lenova for some reason.
Thank you in advance again.
Oh yes and a Pentium processor please
To be completely honest with you, it's going to be very hard to find what you're looking for without exceeding 300. 1tb SSD laptops exceed £300 so I think that's out of the window. 1tb HDD storage is possible though. Here are a few options you but unfortunately they are not all exactly what (Laptops are unfortunately very expensive nowadays)

amazon.co.uk/gp/…TF8 this exceeds your budget and is 8gb ram. Unfortunately they don't make a 4gb version

amazon.co.uk/HP-…L65 this unfortunately does not have 1tb and has 720p screen not 1080p.

I would suggest possibly having a look at some 3rd party Chinese brand laptops on Amazon as they can sometimes be surprisingly good as long as you do your research and read all the reviews to make sure they will work for a long time and will not break after a few months.
A 1tb ssd on its own costs at least £200 so that shows the budget is too small, you will need to greatly reduce the spec you are looking for or spend more money.

It's not too hard to swap out the hard disk on a laptop at a later date if needed so go for a 256gb ssd or something like that and see what you can find.

You can't really be brand conscious with that budget either.
You could perhaps settle for less storage and more ram and then make use of portable storage options in the future
dont think op asked for 1tb ssd
a ssd AND a 1tb hdd perhaps
Thank you guys yes you were all right I could not get all those features for my budget so ended up just buying this one HP 14-Bs039na from Very for £289.99.Hope the screen resolution is not too bad
Thank you guys please do let me know if I could have got better specs than this one.
Bluecat78614 h, 55 m ago

Thank you guys yes you were all right I could not get all those features …Thank you guys yes you were all right I could not get all those features for my budget so ended up just buying this one HP 14-Bs039na from Very for £289.99.Hope the screen resolution is not too bad Thank you guys please do let me know if I could have got better specs than this one.

Found a full HD laptop which is also 15.6 inches for £279.99. Doesn't have an SSD though but a 1TB Hard Drive: Laptop

Another laptop which is similar to the one you bought but it has a better processor and is 15.6 inches as well as having a 256GB SSD: Laptop
Same laptop but cheaper: Laptop

This one just has a better processor than the one you bought: store.hp.com/UKS…NTB
Edited by: "BailOut" 3rd Jun
BailOut7 h, 12 m ago

Found a full HD laptop which is also 15.6 inches for £279.99. Doesn't have …Found a full HD laptop which is also 15.6 inches for £279.99. Doesn't have an SSD though but a 1TB Hard Drive: LaptopAnother laptop which is similar to the one you bought but it has a better processor and is 15.6 inches as well as having a 256GB SSD: LaptopSame laptop but cheaper: LaptopThis one just has a better processor than the one you bought: http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=3LE88EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

Thank you I like the one from Debenham for £10 more you get a lot more.So is this processor much better as I don't know anthing about processors?
BailOut7 h, 22 m ago

Found a full HD laptop which is also 15.6 inches for £279.99. Doesn't have …Found a full HD laptop which is also 15.6 inches for £279.99. Doesn't have an SSD though but a 1TB Hard Drive: LaptopAnother laptop which is similar to the one you bought but it has a better processor and is 15.6 inches as well as having a 256GB SSD: LaptopSame laptop but cheaper: LaptopThis one just has a better processor than the one you bought: http://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=3LE88EA&opt=ABU&sel=NTB

Is the Debenhams one: Intel A6 9220 Processor better than the one I have bought if so how is it better ie is it latest or faster?Thank you
BailOut7 h, 26 m ago

My one is intel® Pentium N3710 processor which one is better ie more faster?
Bluecat7864 h, 2 m ago

My one is intel® Pentium N3710 processor which one is better ie more …My one is intel® Pentium N3710 processor which one is better ie more faster?

HP one is ranked higher here: notebookcheck.net/Mob…tml
The HP one is faster.
BailOut32 m ago

HP one is ranked higher here: …HP one is ranked higher here: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Processors-Benchmark-List.2436.0.htmlThe HP one is faster.

Ok thank you
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants