EXPIRED

A Cheque for Me from NPower but they got my 1st name wrong, can I still cash it?

I got a £100 cheque from nPower today (a year after I left them) as my account was £98 in credit on leaving them, thing is they have spelt my christian name with a Ch and not a K, the rest of the details are correct surname, and address on the letter above the cheque. Will my bank (natwest) let me put it in my account or will I have to phone up N Power to get a new cheque issued.

Cheers

27 Comments

Should be fine.

give it a try, and pretend you haven't notced. you have nothing to loose!

enjoy spending your £98

If its not for huge amounts then it should clear without any problem.

Original Poster

Cheers, to all. Came as a toal suprise the money. Gonna get the missus something with it as she knows nowt about it.

Paddy_o_furniture;3792849

Cheers, to all. Came as a toal suprise the money. Gonna get the missus … Cheers, to all. Came as a toal suprise the money. Gonna get the missus something with it as she knows nowt about it.

want any suggestions on what to buy her. I like spending other peoples money!

They don't really check that well, I cashed a check that was made out in my maiden name, and I have been married 5 years, and they didnt even notice!

Original Poster

blackpeppa;3792875

want any suggestions on what to buy her. I like spending other peoples … want any suggestions on what to buy her. I like spending other peoples money!

Nah she's easy to buy for, she's already had her xmas present off me like, so this will come as a suprise.

Paddy_o_furniture;3792886

Nah she's easy to buy for, she's already had her xmas present off me … Nah she's easy to buy for, she's already had her xmas present off me like, so this will come as a suprise.

awwww bless ya

Original Poster

donnaraine;3792910

awwww bless ya

She's lush. She deserves it for putting up with me (am well lazy round the house)

pink;3792883

They don't really check that well, I cashed a check that was made out in … They don't really check that well, I cashed a check that was made out in my maiden name, and I have been married 5 years, and they didnt even notice!

I'll second this....I was told unofficially that banks are not interested in meticulously scrutinising the details of cheques unless they are of a significant amount...basically they look at the depositing account number and the amount on the cheque and post it to the account. Obviously they scan the cheque for the magnetic ink details to verify that its a genuine cheque, but thats it I think. :thumbsup:

Paddy_o_furniture;3792927

She's lush. She deserves it for putting up with me (am well lazy round … She's lush. She deserves it for putting up with me (am well lazy round the house)

I know, but its about time we changed roles....i am going to start slobbing and you can clean and look after the kids! Thanks for the gift though, love you too xx

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3792964

I know, but its about time we changed roles....i am going to start … I know, but its about time we changed roles....i am going to start slobbing and you can clean and look after the kids! Thanks for the gift though, love you too xx

You couldn't put up with me! You got me in the dog house a while back for making the ATM swallow my card!

Paddy_o_furniture;3792973

You couldn't put up with me! You got me in the dog house a while back … You couldn't put up with me! You got me in the dog house a while back for making the ATM swallow my card!

Wasnt the only thing you wanted me to swallow...sicko!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3792990

Wasnt the only thing you wanted me to swallow...sicko!

What you talkin bout willis?

Paddy_o_furniture;3793025

What you talkin bout willis?

Gosh for a geordie, your quite slow boyo! Anyway you missed chatting with me ?

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3793041

Gosh for a geordie, your quite slow boyo! Anyway you missed chatting with … Gosh for a geordie, your quite slow boyo! Anyway you missed chatting with me ?

Of course I have, hows you and me daughter?

Paddy_o_furniture;3793072

Of course I have, hows you and me daughter?

Am the North east now! We done a runner whilst your were sleeping....shes fine although missing her daddy!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3793145

Am the North east now! We done a runner whilst your were sleeping....shes … Am the North east now! We done a runner whilst your were sleeping....shes fine although missing her daddy!

You back in that Town covered by the smog? Whens Rambo back from fighting the baddies? (R&R)

Was march, now been backdated till April, barstewards! Am sick! Oh aye am in smogland, but will be in your next of the woods on friday and saturday...better watch ya wallet lovely!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3793271

Was march, now been backdated till April, barstewards! Am sick! Oh aye am … Was march, now been backdated till April, barstewards! Am sick! Oh aye am in smogland, but will be in your next of the woods on friday and saturday...better watch ya wallet lovely!

Am working saturday, what you doing in the North Easts premier city this weekend? Besides wanting to shack up with me

Going to see Fenwicks window! Woop woop!

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3793368

Going to see Fenwicks window! Woop woop!

It's carp

Paddy_o_furniture;3793487

It's carp

Oh no's! Any good grottos?

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;3793614

Oh no's! Any good grottos?

Fenwicks Santa is always good, Metro Centres is ok too (and free)

Well I have just got a cheque to my property av lived hear for three years and npower have put my dad's name on it even though everything is in my name can I still put it in my account a have all his I'd as I say he can't move he's very ill x

Paddy do u know u keep being recommend as a friend on face book

Original Poster

Do I? Feel free to add me.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Kia Rio 1.0 T-GDI (petrol) vs Rio 1.4 CRDI (diesel)712
    2. Electric Bike 1 year later? any one with one915
    3. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!33
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1822

See more discussions