A common british wasp can cling on to a cars side window at upto 72mph

Banned
...on a country lane. I would like to thank the deceased wasp as i watched its guts splatter on to the bonnet of the pursuing police car behind me. No calculations were made for tail or head winds. I was let off with a caution as i was told i must inform the local constabulary of any such experiments in future.

26 Comments

can you try a bee tomorrow and post the results?

lol...

Original Poster Banned

I was going to try a hornet. Bees are too fat and hairy.

Banned

Surely common laws of physics hold them on, even the side.
Aerodynamics.

Or they S*** themselves and stick there. :thumbsup::santa:

Banned

picture proof ..

Original Poster Banned

RUDOLF;6040466

Surely common laws of physics hold them on, even the side.Aerodynamics.Or … Surely common laws of physics hold them on, even the side.Aerodynamics.Or then S*** themselves and stich there. :thumbsup::santa:

Wasps aren't aerodynamically shaped to stick to surfaces. In fact i'm sure they are shaped to fly

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6040480

picture proof ..

Using a mobile phone at the wheel is illegal, i thought even you would know that.

Banned

lumoruk;6040524

Using a mobile phone at the wheel is illegal, i thought even you would … Using a mobile phone at the wheel is illegal, i thought even you would know that.

until I see the proof I think your telling porkies ;-)

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6040546

until I see the proof I think your telling porkies ;-)

I may have fabricated the police bit as you never see the police. But its true about the wasp hanging on was very amazed by it.

Banned

lumoruk;6040561

I may have fabricated the police bit as you never see the police. But its … I may have fabricated the police bit as you never see the police. But its true about the wasp hanging on was very amazed by it.

if you had said the police stopped your and beat you up, I know that your tale would have been true..:thumbsup:

plus you should have made sure the wasp was belted up in the rear ..tut tut :-D

Original Poster Banned

dog_cop;6040577

plus you should have made sure the wasp was belted up in the rear ..tut … plus you should have made sure the wasp was belted up in the rear ..tut tut :-D

I was busy laughing to myself thinking find your way home now you *******.

Banned

lumoruk;6040602

I was laughing to myself thinking find your way home now you *******.

reported to the Rspca:p

Banned

lumoruk;6040500

Wasps aren't aerodynamically shaped to stick to surfaces. In fact i'm … Wasps aren't aerodynamically shaped to stick to surfaces. In fact i'm sure they are shaped to fly

The car is aero dynamic so the pressures would hold it to the car

RUDOLF;6042942

The car is aero dynamic so the pressures would hold it to the car

Depends where the wasp is, the shape of the car would make it more difficult in many areas due to Bernoulli's principle.

http://i369.photobucket.com/albums/oo134/Robmacd/carbee800.jpg

Arebwe nearly there yet

I tried the same experiment with a wasp on the passenger side window. I slowly increased the speed in 5mph increments after leaving the car park with it attached at about 15mph. It clung on to just over 40mph - I reckon 42 was the best it could manage.

The kids were so impressed they wanted to go back and try it again with another one. I'm so proud - they want to repeat the experiment to improve the reliability of the result! You'd never know their Dad's a science teacher would you?

Original Poster Banned

inicholson;6073201

I tried the same experiment with a wasp on the passenger side window. I … I tried the same experiment with a wasp on the passenger side window. I slowly increased the speed in 5mph increments after leaving the car park with it attached at about 15mph. It clung on to just over 40mph - I reckon 42 was the best it could manage.?

Wow weak wasp man, must have been European possibly French :?

lumoruk;6073211

Wow weak wasp man, must have been European possibly French :?

In which case the flight to Scotland had obviously weakened it.

Banned

what is this obsession with wasps you have?

youll be posting youtube links next;p

Banned

Got no idea about wasps clinging to car windows, but the girl who crashed her car outside my house yesterday wished it had! She had her window open. Mr wasp flew in and in total panic, totally forgot about the car, mounted the pavement and grass bank. Smashed the left into a concrete slab, the right into a metal lamp post (taking it completely down) and coming to a full stop with all air bags belching out smoke. Luckily she was unhurt, but badly shaken.... which is more than I could say about the car!

guv;6091102

Got no idea about wasps clinging to car windows, but the girl who crashed … Got no idea about wasps clinging to car windows, but the girl who crashed her car outside my house yesterday wished it had! She had her window open. Mr wasp flew in and in total panic, totally forgot about the car, mounted the pavement and grass bank. Smashed the left into a concrete slab, the right into a metal lamp post (taking it completely down) and coming to a full stop with all air bags belching out smoke. Luckily she was unhurt, but badly shaken.... which is more than I could say about the car!

Was the wasp OK? I've always wondered if you're supposed to disable airabg if there's and insect in the front passenger seat.

mind = blown

Banned

inicholson;6092685

Was the wasp OK? I've always wondered if you're supposed to disable … Was the wasp OK? I've always wondered if you're supposed to disable airabg if there's and insect in the front passenger seat.

Dunno. When I went outside to see, the wasp had either flown from the crime scene or died from shock. When I heard the noise initially, I thought it might have been all the neatly piled rubble outside my house (building work) falling on my car. Luckily, it was just a lamp post!

Original Poster Banned

casparwhite;6090988

what is this obsession with wasps you have?youll be posting youtube links … what is this obsession with wasps you have?youll be posting youtube links next;p

Mr. Suspended there are a lot of wasps outside my house, I have to live with them day in day out they are MY life.

guv;6092771

Luckily, it was just a lamp post!

chuckle

Wasp's is there nothing they can't do?

Original Poster Banned

J.Dance;6093324

Wasp's is there nothing they can't do?

Well I know 99% of them can't have kids
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523390
    2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17356128
    3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    4. What an absolute disgrace1942

See more discussions