Groups

A couple of 360 questions!

We already have a Eurofighter Typhoon on afterburn, sorry, an Xbox 360 in the lounge that my kids use for games and playing online. If I were to buy an Elite (which I hope is quieter) and put the current 360 in my sons room could my boys:

a) Play against each other on games like Halo (both would be connected to my router) over the LAN - I know I'll need 2 copies of the same game. Grrrr.
    b) Is my 360 Live account tied to my current 360 or could I sign into either?

I guess I couldn't use the Live account on both machines at the same time - but I'm hoping that my kids could use either of the 360's to play games online using my live account.

Thanks

QT

7 Comments

You can use the Live account on different machines but don't think you can use them at the same time as everyone would just share their account.

What size HDD is your current xbox? Have you tried installing the games to the HDD? That quietens it down considerably.

Banned

need 2 live subs

also you obv need 2 copies of each ga,e i think unless you run off the HDD?

You can not have your account details on each box anymore, you will have to swap over the hard drives to sign in on the other machine. Or do what I do and have my live account on a memory card. I move that around with me.

Saving the full games to HDD really make the unit a lot quiter, due to not spinning the DVD, and less heat generated and less fan revs.

Original Poster

Chiptivo;7137131

You can not have your account details on each box anymore, you will have … You can not have your account details on each box anymore, you will have to swap over the hard drives to sign in on the other machine. Or do what I do and have my live account on a memory card. I move that around with me.

I don't trust them to swap over the HDD ... but the memory card sounds like an acceptable solution. Pain that we can't sign into either. Grrr Microsoft!

Q-Tec;7137204

I don't trust them to swap over the HDD ... but the memory card sounds … I don't trust them to swap over the HDD ... but the memory card sounds like an acceptable solution. Pain that we can't sign into either. Grrr Microsoft!

Years ago you could download the profile on two or more boxes, and if you signed in on the 2nd box, it would sign you out on the other box. Now if you do a account recovery on the 2nd box, it corrups the 1st boxes profile so it can't sign in.

I use a old memory card, and I also do my game saves on it so I can play and continue from any xbox in the house.

You can play against each other with local network multiplayer. Most games support it. No live accounts required.

Original Poster

Thanks very much for the information!

Rep to all for helping
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Are these two things distinctly different to you?2383
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1014
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17416151
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?33201

See more discussions