Groups

A courier to deliver a 55" tv

Anyone know of a courier that accepts TVs? I know Amazon use DPD, but going direct, DPD wont take them.

9 Comments

I think UPS still take them website is upstoday.com but of course will be expensive to insure but worth checking. I used once parcelforce for a 32" a while ago. How ever parcelforce prices are very expensive.
    Edited by: "dalecool92" 27th Dec 2016

Not yodel..

What is the mileage to deliver. How about a local man with a van

You will need to find a courier that offers a "dedicated delivery service", cost is entirely relative to distance but basically a courier comes and picks the parcel up and takes it straight to the destination (possibly picking up and delivering other stuff on route). Your best bet will be to try local courier services rather than national ones.

I had to return one once and used dpd (may have been parcelforce actually). It warns you it is not insured so I ended up using some wood hardboard to protect and reinforce the insides of the box. Added a bit of weight but it was solid and arrived fine.

If your selling it, put it on the local facebook groups.
    Edited by: "LiGhTfasT" 27th Dec 2016

You might find a courier that will take one. But many won't pay out / compensate you for damage or loss. UPS dropped a microwave and because it had a glass turntable they wouldn't pay out ( even though the glass turntable was the only thing that didnt get damaged ).

I did use uk mail to post some tvs a few years back they were the only ones at the time that would take and insure a tv. Use ipostparcels and look at t&c's whoever you use.

Original Poster

its not really worth the cost/time as its a cheap tv to hire a van. may just need to sell it locally

arrowxl.co.uk/

This is a very good company as used by dixons
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. sky q is it a good deal?55
      2. Speccing a gaming pc37
      3. help: windows 10 wifi issue55
      4. Best IPTV Paid service?1721

See more discussions