A decent laptop with an IPS display for around £350.00, any recommendations?

Posted 23rd Nov
hi guys, so I have seen a few deals for Black Friday day how ever they all seem to have 4GB of RAM. I will be grateful if you can recommend a laptop with an IPS display with 8 gig of RAM for around the £350 Mark I don't mind waiting till Black Friday do you think it's a good idea to wait to see what kind of deals come on on and if so do you have any recommendations thank you so much Luv x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

22 Comments
You ideally need 8GB especially if you use skygo and especially Chrome browser it seems to be getting even more memory hungry and they still havent fixed the memory leaks so its often a case of close browser reopen to bring the memory back so 8GB is min for a laptop now!

Afraid I am a Dell fan and only buy second user - Just got a Dell E5530 from ebay for £40 illuminated night keys and esat, hdmi best laptop ive ever had and reliable as!

Why is IPS such an issue though?
omendata23/11/2019 21:25

You ideally need 8GB especially if you use skygo and especially Chrome …You ideally need 8GB especially if you use skygo and especially Chrome browser it seems to be getting even more memory hungry and they still havent fixed the memory leaks so its often a case of close browser reopen to bring the memory back so 8GB is min for a laptop now!Afraid I am a Dell fan and only buy second user - Just got a Dell E5530 from ebay for £40 illuminated night keys and esat, hdmi best laptop ive ever had and reliable as!Why is IPS such an issue though?

Tell me about, chrome was using 70% of my cpu on my old laptop. I definitely need an upgrade. IPS is important because I do sometimes watch films when in bed, yes those kind of films . Joking just Netflix etc I heard ips produces better colours and picture.
ehsan11123/11/2019 21:28

Tell me about, chrome was using 70% of my cpu on my old laptop. I …Tell me about, chrome was using 70% of my cpu on my old laptop. I definitely need an upgrade. IPS is important because I do sometimes watch films when in bed, yes those kind of films . Joking just Netflix etc I heard ips produces better colours and picture.

I have 8gb and chrome is still giving me problems lol
I do have vmware installed and lots of hacking stuff so thats probably another reason lol
Got a new 240gb ssd from amazon for £20 so its a fresh install tomorrow we shall see!

Use Firefox or try Opera
Opera is probably the best browser and is great for doing naughty things online as well though!
Maxthon is also a good one!

Yeah In Plane Switching is also used on mobiles but its not worth the premium dude dont be fooled by the advertising!
Watching netflix on your laptop is not going to be any better with an IPS screen you want an OLED telly or an old Plasma tv
Watching tv on the laptop there is hardly much difference for what you are going to pay at least i cant tell much of a difference and i repair laptops, pcs ,tv ,and audio equipment every day!
There are lots of people who will tell you this make is great and this technology is great but in the end its just a tv and if its cheap its ok as most wont last more than 4 years before they fail these days!
If you have eyes like a Hawk or your name is Steve Austin then perhaps not!

Just get yerself a cheap laptop on ebay and do it up yerself you can get great second hand machines for buttons then customise them yerself!
Edited by: "omendata" 23rd Nov
omendata23/11/2019 21:34

I have 8gb and chrome is still giving me problems lolI do have vmware …I have 8gb and chrome is still giving me problems lolI do have vmware installed and lots of hacking stuff so thats probably another reason lolGot a new 240gb ssd from amazon for £20 so its a fresh install tomorrow we shall see!Use Firefox or try OperaOpera is probably the best browser and is great for doing naughty things online as well though!Maxthon is also a good one!Yeah In Plane Switching is also used on mobiles but its not worth the premium dude dont be fooled by the advertising!Watching netflix on your laptop is not going to be any better with an IPS screen you want an OLED telly or an old Plasma tvWatching tv on the laptop there is hardly much difference for what you are going to pay at least i cant tell much of a difference and i repair laptops, pcs ,tv ,and audio equipment every day! There are lots of people who will tell you this make is great and this technology is great but in the end its just a tv and if its cheap its ok as most wont last more than 4 years before they fail these days!If you have eyes like a Hawk or your name is Steve Austin then perhaps not!Just get yerself a cheap laptop on ebay and do it up yerself you can get great second hand machines for buttons then customise them yerself!

The problem is that I want everything, I new tv , a new laptop and a new pc for gaming, I think I might just buy a new laptop, at least I can actually do work on it and maybe be some what more productive.
ehsan11123/11/2019 21:51

The problem is that I want everything, I new tv , a new laptop and a new …The problem is that I want everything, I new tv , a new laptop and a new pc for gaming, I think I might just buy a new laptop, at least I can actually do work on it and maybe be some what more productive.

I hope you arent going to put yersel in hock to the devil for all that gear dude?
Want it now - pay later society its why so many peeps are in debt
Luckily i won the lottery a few years ago so i dont have to worry but most folks are skint these days
When the unofficial bailiff boys come and its cant pay they will take you away!
lol

New laptop AND pc - thats just being greedy haha

Could go for one with a
Corsair rm1000 modular psu with a XFX R9 270DD gfx card or an AMD MSI R7950
Motherboard how about a MSI Z77A-G45 S1155
Dont forget an Anker 8000 precision mouse!
omendata23/11/2019 21:54

I hope you arent going to put yersel in hock to the devil for all that …I hope you arent going to put yersel in hock to the devil for all that gear dude?Want it now - pay later society its why so many peeps are in debtLuckily i won the lottery a few years ago so i dont have to worry but most folks are skint these daysWhen the unofficial bailiff boys come and its cant pay they will take you away!lolNew laptop AND pc - thats just being greedy hahaCould go for one with aCorsair rm1000 modular psu with a XFX R9 270DD gfx card or an AMD MSI R7950Motherboard how about a MSI Z77A-G45 S1155Dont forget an Anker 8000 precision mouse!

I know, I literally just paid off my credit card debt, I need to get off this site. Too much temptation! So many good deals on at the moment. I think I'll just get a laptop for the moment
ehsan11123/11/2019 22:48

I know, I literally just paid off my credit card debt, I need to get off …I know, I literally just paid off my credit card debt, I need to get off this site. Too much temptation! So many good deals on at the moment. I think I'll just get a laptop for the moment

Maybe you should just go for a lie down and have a nice dream of pcs laptops and big tv's.
Then save like they used to do in the "good old days"!
I know its an old concept but it does not shorten your life by 10 years worrying about credit card and loan debt dude!
Belive me i speak from experience on that one!
People bring so much stress and anxiety on themselves all becaue of the want it now society dude!

You could be appearing on Cant pay we will take it away or worse the Baillifs are coming
You dont want Paul Bohill on your case i would rather take Mike Tyson ten rounds.
omendata23/11/2019 22:53

Maybe you should just go for a lie down and have a nice dream of pcs …Maybe you should just go for a lie down and have a nice dream of pcs laptops and big tv's.Then save like they used to do in the "good old days"!I know its an old concept but it does not shorten your life by 10 years worrying about credit card and loan debt dude!Belive me i speak from experience on that one!People bring so much stress and anxiety on themselves all becaue of the want it now society dude!You could be appearing on Cant pay we will take it away or worse the Baillifs are comingYou dont want Paul Bohill on your case i would rather take Mike Tyson ten rounds.

I think I need a digital detox
ehsan11123/11/2019 22:54

I think I need a digital detox

Yeah I work in IT and electronics I think i need same.
I hate working in IT now its become a real bore even pen testing bores me now and used to get me stiff lol!
I think i have digital addixtion hardcore!
Its worse than being a skagg-head!
haha

Out with the monopoly and scrabble for you my lad and a good old copy of Men Only - fapp fapp!
How long can you go without checking your email that is the big question that answers your addiction!

39091863-IZdK1.jpg
omendata23/11/2019 22:57

Yeah I work in IT and electronics I think i need same.I hate working in IT …Yeah I work in IT and electronics I think i need same.I hate working in IT now its become a real bore even pen testing bores me now and used to get me stiff lol!I think i have digital addixtion hardcore!Its worse than being a skagg-head!hahaOut with the monopoly and scrabble for you my lad and a good old copy of Men Only - fapp fapp!How long can you go without checking your email that is the big question that answers your addiction! [Image]

I think just getting rid of the smartphone for a few days and keeping a simple phone would be good, you can't avoid using a pc a work and emails etc but I'm lucky to not take my job home with me as some people do. I think a smartphone detox would be a good idea. I spend roughly 8 hours a day on it!
ehsan11123/11/2019 23:03

I think just getting rid of the smartphone for a few days and keeping a …I think just getting rid of the smartphone for a few days and keeping a simple phone would be good, you can't avoid using a pc a work and emails etc but I'm lucky to not take my job home with me as some people do. I think a smartphone detox would be a good idea. I spend roughly 8 hours a day on it!

Nasty i spend 5 mins max!
omendata23/11/2019 23:04

Nasty i spend 5 mins max!

Yeah you can see that I have a serious problem, so I think I should get rid. I think you should become a therapist, I came here looking for a laptop but ended up thinking about a digital detox.
ehsan11123/11/2019 23:06

Yeah you can see that I have a serious problem, so I think I should get …Yeah you can see that I have a serious problem, so I think I should get rid. I think you should become a therapist, I came here looking for a laptop but ended up thinking about a digital detox.

Hmm digital Therapist sounds good.
I came here looking for a laugh and now have a possible career change!
lol
If you do buy a laptop then yes definitely go for one with an IPS panel. I got a full HD laptop with a TN panel. Awful grainy, watery, dull colours. Absolutely terrible. Replaced the panel with an IPS. Problem solved.

Avoid the TN.
omendata23/11/2019 22:53

Maybe you should just go for a lie down and have a nice dream of pcs …Maybe you should just go for a lie down and have a nice dream of pcs laptops and big tv's.Then save like they used to do in the "good old days"!I know its an old concept but it does not shorten your life by 10 years worrying about credit card and loan debt dude!Belive me i speak from experience on that one!People bring so much stress and anxiety on themselves all becaue of the want it now society dude!You could be appearing on Cant pay we will take it away or worse the Baillifs are comingYou dont want Paul Bohill on your case i would rather take Mike Tyson ten rounds.

I'm just reading all of your comments. You're so random it's hilarious.

The Paul Bohill reference has got me smiling. Love the show!
notalwaysright1923/11/2019 23:39

I'm just reading all of your comments. You're so random it's hilarious. …I'm just reading all of your comments. You're so random it's hilarious. The Paul Bohill reference has got me smiling. Love the show!

Hmm most people find me incredibly offensive and knowitall and not politically correct but then I am not PC and say it as it is its the price for telling the blatant truth and what you think with nae filter - the problem is most people are like sheep and if one gets offended then they all think they have to be offended too incase they stand out - me i stand out and proud even when the bricks and stones are flying at ma heid haha!

It only matters if you care about what other people say - me i trust no 1 and pay zero attention to anyone except my maw and paw and maybe braw! lol
I do it old stylee!

Funny that its the only show on telly you can watch again and again without it getting boring.
Paul is great but so is Steve Pinner!
Elmor Viktor though what a name sounds like something the navy would use as a call sign his dad must have been a merchant seaman!

As i always say If i can bring one smile a day to one persons face then my day has been a good one!
So far its been a good day!
Edited by: "omendata" 24th Nov
notalwaysright1923/11/2019 23:37

If you do buy a laptop then yes definitely go for one with an IPS panel. I …If you do buy a laptop then yes definitely go for one with an IPS panel. I got a full HD laptop with a TN panel. Awful grainy, watery, dull colours. Absolutely terrible. Replaced the panel with an IPS. Problem solved. Avoid the TN.

You just insulted my Dell E5530 and now compliment me lol
Harrump[h!

I take it you didnt buy the Lenovo v130 then!
omendata23/11/2019 23:44

Hmm most people find me incredibly offensive and knowitall and not …Hmm most people find me incredibly offensive and knowitall and not politically correct but then I am not PC and say it as it is its the price for telling the blatant truth and what you think with nae filter - the problem is most people are like sheep and if one gets offended then they all think they have to be offended too incase they stand out - me i stand out and proud even when the bricks and stones are flying at ma heid haha!Funny that its the only show on telly you can watch again and again without it getting boring.Paul is great but so is Steve Pinner!Elmor Viktor though what a name sounds like something the navy would use as a call sign his dad must have been a merchant seaman!As i always say If i can bring one smile a day to one persons face then my day has been a good one!So far its been a good day!

That's what it is. People tend to follow the tide. I see a lot of that on here.

I've not seen you around much. Will be keeping a look out for you
omendata23/11/2019 23:46

You just insulted my Dell E5530 and now compliment me lolHarrump[h!I take …You just insulted my Dell E5530 and now compliment me lolHarrump[h!I take it you didnt buy the Lenovo v130 then!

I bought the V110 to start off. That was absolutely rubbish. Thereafter bought the V130. Not my wisest choice because I paid £430 and I know there are better priced, better performing laptops out there but anyway it's serving its purpose for now.

The V130 had a TN panel. I struggled for 4 months then researched and replaced with an IPS and I'm really pleased with it.
notalwaysright1924/11/2019 00:14

That's what it is. People tend to follow the tide. I see a lot of that on …That's what it is. People tend to follow the tide. I see a lot of that on here.I've not seen you around much. Will be keeping a look out for you

Just back from Slovakia was out there doing some metal detecting and magnet diving (sorry big DEEP DIGGER DAN FAN) and in Russia mainly around Kursk trying to find the Amber Room and hidden Nazi gold - we did find a ton of unused communist tins of tuna fish however still sealed dated 1943 haha

I chucked my official IT job 4 years ago after watching and hearing the last line in the movie WANTED.
Next day walked into work told my boss he was an ar***hole and colleagues who would stab me in the back at the tip of a hat for a quid rise in pay and booked my flights to eastern europe the next day and never looked back.
So yes I am weirtd, strange, obtuse, nutter but best people i find are the nutters its the normal folks that you have to worry about - Dahmer, Neilsen, Dennis Raider - get what im sayin! lol

Nah spend too much time on this site today but i am at a loose end stuck in the hoose at the mo and girlfriend coming back from Slovakia tomorrow!

Been off the net for a month and not even touched a computer or smartphone out in Slovakia and its really amazing what you can get done and how much time you waste on the social media and general internet amazon ebay etc side of things!
Even bought myself a villa in the tatra mountains here is a pic of the view outside my Chata!
Certainly beats living in the UK for sure amazing food , cleanest air in the world and best of all no more nightmare 2 hour commute on a stinky overcrowded bus full of depressed folk going to equally hated jobs every day of the week - now that is depressing.
Must be pure hell living in London!
Ever noticed its peeps who live on islands or in the mountains away from the pollution that live to 90+
That came to me recently after watching a documentary on Japan and the islands with the old 90+ aged women diving for snakes and fish for food!

39092538-5RlYe.jpg
Weird is good!
Even if you are laughing at me at least i have brought a smile to one persons face and thats a good day for me!
They laugh at me all the time in Slovakia anyway!
They think the Kilt is a man skirt and the sporran is a fanny bag!
I wore an original WWII russian forage cap when i first went climbing the mountains - bad mistake!
Edited by: "omendata" 24th Nov
deleted1471098
ehsan11123/11/2019 22:48

I know, I literally just paid off my credit card debt, I need to get off … I know, I literally just paid off my credit card debt, I need to get off this site. Too much temptation! So many good deals on at the moment. I think I'll just get a laptop for the moment

Remember a good deal is only a good deal if you need the item and have the money to pay for it. Otherwise it’s a bad deal.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions