A drone has rescued two people from rough seas off the coast of Australia

Found 18th Jan
News link

I think that's brilliant usage of a drone.

Are there any other usages that people can think of?
Community Updates
  1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments
Spying on your neighbours
----1 m ago

Spying on your neighbours

That’s already been done
Space Travel
Wow, maybe the World's first news story about Drones that's positive.
Maybe they aren't evil after all.
Delivering aid direct to the poor in remote regions, use satellites to spot hungry children then send the co-ordinates to a drone to deliver them a banana.
Keep the cat amused. That was the plan until she broke it
buddhabelly19 m ago

Keep the cat amused. That was the plan until she broke it

You need a bigger drone!
The drones were reportedly only unveiled that morning before being put to use.

sounds a bit fishy to me
Delivering drugs
Bestard8 m ago

Delivering drugs

I'm having a cup of tea.
So what twenty/thirty years here never ?
Carrying a container of my urine to dump 2 miles away from a house fire at Jeremy Clarkson's.
Can I hack a dash button to command a drone that will bring me chips on demand?
Also a security guard that will let the postie by, but fend off jehova's and chuggers etc.
saw a tv show where a drone pilot saw some pple stranded on a sand barrier in the sea and was able to notify lifeguard and save ppl from getting washed away
and another one where drone found woman with demtia that wandered out of house and into a cornfield
guess its not a good sad face story for the daily fail followers
Edited by: "mattmerch" 18th Jan
mattmerch2 h, 59 m ago

saw a tv show where a drone pilot saw some pple stranded on a sand barrier …saw a tv show where a drone pilot saw some pple stranded on a sand barrier in the sea and was able to notify lifeguard and save ppl from getting washed awayand another one where drone found woman with demtia that wandered out of house and into a cornfield guess its not a good sad face story for the daily fail followers

Wait, how did the drone operator know the woman had dementia?
Great use of technology.
Real-life Flamedeer hunting

33093868-BdBLW.jpg
Uber quad, you select where you want to go on your phone. About six big quads converge on your current location, they drop a harness which you get into. They then each drop a line which you attach around the harness.
They then lift you to your selected location.
Here's a video of how it works in practice
Prostate exam
lumsdot8 h, 18 m ago

Uber quad, you select where you want to go on your phone. About six big …Uber quad, you select where you want to go on your phone. About six big quads converge on your current location, they drop a harness which you get into. They then each drop a line which you attach around the harness.They then lift you to your selected location.Here's a video of how it works in practice

Prostitute/mistress delivery service, &/or quick escape route should a partner return unexpectedly.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions