Found 2nd Jun 2008
Last week I purchased a Sony 32 inch LCD tv (KDLS323000). I noticed when looking at the factory setting that the contrast adjustment is up to the maximum level, allowing no further adjustment. Should this be considered as a fault, seeing that being at its highest level no adjustment is possible,only downwards. The picture is good, but what of the future? It also has a theatre setting, when put into this mode the picture is very dark. Your comments would be welcome ,all TV and technical buffs.

3 Comments

Banned

factory defaults are always high so not a fault

Normally tvs have presets like movie, sport ect. It should have a user setting that should let you have full control. Also you may want some help setting it up by using a the THX setup. Its available on disks including starwas films, Toy Story and The Incredibles amongst others.

Gav is spot on, get a hold of a THX certified film and use the setup menu, I think the Indiana Jones Box set also has the menu.

Failing that find some snooker, its one of the best things to set your TV up with ;-)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2739
    2. Cex snes mini price1328
    3. Cineworld - possible to book film for future at counter to save booking fee…22
    4. Camera lens11

See more discussions