A Few Question's about Jailbroken 3G iPhone!

35 replies
Found 16th May 2009
Ok i got my iPhone today and i was wondering a few things.

1. Can i move the apps on to certain page of the home screen?
2. When i install an app using Cydia where does it go?
3. Can i delete apps?
4. I want to download the facebook app but it has the last user's iTunes account info already there and i obviously don't know his password, can i download iTunes on my PC and change the details to mine? I don't wanna update as im on Vodafone. Any way to do this?

When i think of more Q's i will add them here. Cheers.

1. Misc
  2. iPhone
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. iPhone
24 Comments

1. yep you can just hold the icon and then move the app.
2. it goes onto the last available space on one of the screens, e.g the first space on the second screen after your first app is downloaded.
3. you can delete apps downloaded by cydia in the cydia app.
4. i'm not too sure, will take a look for you

1. Press one of the icons and hold it and the icons will all jiggle about and you can move them around.

(I have a 2g iphone, but I suppose it's the same.)

Original Poster

How do i put song's on the iPhone? Can i use iTunes on my PC without updating to 2.2.1?

Original Poster

paz2k6;5233075

1. yep you can just hold the icon and then move the app.2. it goes onto … 1. yep you can just hold the icon and then move the app.2. it goes onto the last available space on one of the screens, e.g the first space on the second screen after your first app is downloaded.3. you can delete apps downloaded by cydia in the cydia app.4. i'm not too sure, will take a look for you

Cheers bro, but number 2 didnt work for the 2 apps i downloaded

Ok 1 worked a treat cheers guys

RuthIess;5233082

How do i put song's on the iPhone? Can i use iTunes on my PC without … How do i put song's on the iPhone? Can i use iTunes on my PC without updating to 2.2.1?

I just click on no every time it asks me if I want to update.

Original Poster

rose_cat_jr;5233205

I just click on no every time it asks me if I want to update.

Ok cool ill do that, how do i get them on it then? It still has the other dudes email but i created an iTunes account anyway so can swap over if i know how to

Original Poster

Anyone know how to change the email on itunes and let itunes find the phone. Also how do i rename the phone?

Original Poster

the porter;5233345

you need to set the iphone up as a new iphone when u download itunes

Cool, how do i do that mate?

Banned

Think you might have to restore it, beware this removes the jailbreak and you'll have to re-jailbreak it? Although I might be wrong....

Original Poster

Oh i dont wanna do that!!! Hope there is another way.

Original Poster

the porter;5233466

have u synced it in itunes?

Nope how i do that? Ok i think its syncing now.

Original Poster

Its seems to be installing facebook now. Its on my page but says waiting...

Still says waiting why?

Original Poster

the porter;5233597

your getting there

Haha, wish it would hurry up lol. How do i get songs on there then?

BTW This is my first ever apple product!!!

Original Poster

the porter;5233649

it was when i got mine, and i am now an apple fanboy

Dont say that i have no money to be a fanboy lol.

Ok another question, i have a cd with loads of apps on it, how do i get them on my iphone? :oops:

Original Poster

Ok when i do that it does nothing mate

Original Poster

the porter;5233715

or try add file instead there is a prog u can dl whats it called now ? … or try add file instead there is a prog u can dl whats it called now ? hold onitunes library updaterhttp://itlu.ownz.ch/

Ok cheers mate, can i remove songs in iTunes as he had Lady Gaga on there lolololol :-D

Original Poster

the porter;5233813

yep just right click then delete poker face

Haha this is so confusing lol. How do i even find the songs on the poxy iPhone!!!!

Facebook still says waiting.... :?

I cant get online unless im on my router aswell, have to ring Voda tomorrow :x

Original Poster

3g mate, ok i found the music the down arrow next to the iphone didnt respond at first but now it does, deleting poker face now

Awwww for gods sake there all greyed out how do i make it upgrayed? Im so useless!!!

Original Poster

the porter;5233949

go to settings general network enable 3g cellular data network enter … go to settings general network enable 3g cellular data network enter internet for apn then web for username web for pasword

I can get on with my router but what if im at work what can i do? Or is that what you mean?

Im ****ing annoyed now this is so hard. Are they greyed out coz a different account applied them?

Original Poster

Ok cool i'll try that in a sec coz it says you have not blah blah some internet thing. its says sync in progress now for about two mins and has all gone back to original fellas stuff. Bah im giving up soon

Original Poster

9 more months unfortunatly

Original Poster

the porter;5234137

its not a bad thing really it could be worse once u get it sorted it will … its not a bad thing really it could be worse once u get it sorted it will be worthwhile

Haha hope so mate, repping you now bud, cheers fior the help. Anyone know why all songs are greyed out and why i cant add to it?

Original Poster

the porter;5233949

go to settings general network enable 3g cellular data network enter … go to settings general network enable 3g cellular data network enter internet for apn then web for username web for pasword

Thinked this worked mate, nicely nicely !!!

Original Poster

Still cant get apps on there lol
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions