A couple of SMARTY changes

Posted 6th May
SMARTY has had a couple of changes today to be that little bit more helpful

PayPoint in-store top ups:

"We now offer more ways to manage your account balance. PayPoint offers in store payment services for consumers and from 5th May 2020, SMARTY customers can take advantage of this service.

I'm new to SMARTY:

You can purchase a SMARTY SIM from a participating PayPoint retailer. Simply give the SIM to the cashier, tell them how much you would like to top up and you're ready to start your SMARTY journey.

Read more about switching to SMARTY.

I'm an existing customer:

If you would like to top up via a PayPoint retailer, all you have to do is log-in to your dashboard and tap 'top up in store' under your account balance.

This will generate a barcode that you can take to a PayPoint retailer. The barcode will be available on your dashboard everytime you tap 'top up in store'

You can choose to top up your account balance by cash, card, or contactless at any PayPoint location. Simply tell the cashier how much you’d like to top up.

Once you've topped up, your account balance will be updated.

Find my nearest PayPoint store."

Added by me - please ensure you only have this where it is absolutely necessary, such as you cannot pay online due to a blocked bank card. We should all be limiting the time we spend outside of the house during the current situation.

Out of plan add-ons:

"At SMARTY we like to keep things simple. That’s why we’re changing the name of our add-ons to make it clearer what they can be used for.

All of our SIM plans come with unlimited calls and texts to standard UK landlines, freephone numbers and standard UK mobiles.

But when you want to call a number that’s chargeable – such as premium numbers starting 084 or 087 – make international calls, or call and text from a non-included roaming destination, you will need an add-on because this service is ‘out of plan’.

Our add-ons essentially give you an allowance to make those chargeable calls.

To try and make the process simpler, we’ve renamed our ‘Cash add-ons’ to ‘Out of plan add-ons’. In the same way, your ‘Cash balance’ will now be your ‘Out of plan balance’.

Purchasing an ‘Out of plan add-on’ is easy. Just login to your SMARTY dashboard, click ‘Buy Out of plan add-on’ and follow the instructions.

If you’d like to find out more about what numbers may be chargeable, we have a great article in our help section. Plus, if you’d like more information on international calling and roaming it can be found here.
"
Community Updates

Groups

Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions