A Fish Called Wanda free to watch/download on Prime for a limited period only

Posted 15th May
An absolute hilarious comedy starring the great John Cleese, who also wrote the screenplay, and an all star cast only available for free for a limited time on Amazon Prime so get the popcorn out and enjoy this classic for free before it's too late

7.5/10IMDb94%Rotten Tomatoes

4.5/5Amazon UK

82% liked this filmGoogle users

John Cleese as Archie Leach

Jamie Lee Curtis as Wanda Gershwitz

Kevin Kline as Otto West

Michael Palin as Ken Pile

Tom Georgeson as George Thomason

Maria Aitken as Wendy Leach

Cynthia Cleese as Portia Leach

Patricia Hayes as Mrs Eileen Coady

Geoffrey Palmer as Judge

Roger Brierley as Davidson

Llewellyn Rees as Sir John

Stephen Fry as Hutchison

Al Ashton as Warder

Wanda, a con artist, tries to double-cross her lover and the two members of the gang with whom she conducts a diamond heist. Her plan goes awry when she falls in love.

Release date: 14 October 1988 (United Kingdom)

Director: Charles Crichton

Screenplay: John Cleese

Awards: David di Donatello for Best Foreign Screenplay, more

Story by: John Cleese, Charles Crichton
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film available on prime that's "free" to watch
Amazon Prime isn't free though...
42 Comments
Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film available on prime that's "free" to watch
Yay
Hilarious film.
TN56715/05/2020 15:28

Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film …Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film available on prime that's "free" to watch

too late .....this all started when certain people were furloughed and got bored…
Grease Live is currently ‘free’ on Netflix. Might post that as a ‘deal’. That’s a free deal too right?
Great film, was on BBC a.couple.of weeks ago.
Seriously...! There are 2,000 films to watch 'free' on Prime apparently...anyone with far too much time on their hands care to list?
Not voting cold as I never do but...!
Was on tv last week
sabresonic15/05/2020 15:52

Seriously...! There are 2,000 films to watch 'free' on Prime …Seriously...! There are 2,000 films to watch 'free' on Prime apparently...anyone with far too much time on their hands care to list?Not voting cold as I never do but...!

Won't be free for long, limited time remaining to watch as clearly stated
EHF587615/05/2020 15:44

Grease Live is currently ‘free’ on Netflix. Might post that as a ‘deal’. Th …Grease Live is currently ‘free’ on Netflix. Might post that as a ‘deal’. That’s a free deal too right?

Well, Darkest Hour is free on iplayer and was posted in the last week and this is a far better film imo and has limited time being free to watch.
TN56715/05/2020 15:28

Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film …Free to watch on prime???? Oh man please no, don't post every film available on prime that's "free" to watch

At least they tried.
Some people may not have realised it was available.
Thank you good sir... Is this not the whole point of this site... Making members aware of deals that may interest them?? 🤷
Ca Ca Ca Car Car Car Cathcart towers hotel. Heathrow Airport. Classic
Oneday7715/05/2020 16:48

At least they tried. Some people may not have realised it was available.

I didn't realise, so thanks.
HapyDapyDoo15/05/2020 16:46

Well, Darkest Hour is free on iplayer and was posted in the last week and …Well, Darkest Hour is free on iplayer and was posted in the last week and this is a far better film imo and has limited time being free to watch.

It’s not ‘free’ tho is it. Your point about BBC iPlayer is invalid because you don’t need a paid subscription to access iPlayer, but with Prime you do.
K-k-k-k-Ken!
jeczap15/05/2020 15:40

too late .....this all started when certain people were furloughed and …too late .....this all started when certain people were furloughed and got bored…

I thought it all started when children stopped going to school and got bored?
HapyDapyDoo15/05/2020 16:44

Won't be free for long, limited time remaining to watch as clearly stated …Won't be free for long, limited time remaining to watch as clearly stated

Yeah, sorry...must have caught me in an uncommonly grumpy hour...I put it down to having to put up with three hormonal/moody teenage daughters during lockdown!!

I didn't vote either way earlier but have now voted hot...on reflection, of those 2,000 films 90% are probably not worth watching so bringing those few that are I concede should be highlighted especially if there presence is limited!

I like Amazon Prime, especially as its free, well sort of! But it can be pain finding a decent film to watch, and I remember this when it first came out and my kids won't have seen it so thank you for the heads up.

In term of my earlier post, I'm hoping you'll forgive any negative comments.
Edited by: "sabresonic" 15th May
EHF587615/05/2020 17:08

It’s not ‘free’ tho is it. Your point about BBC iPlayer is invalid because …It’s not ‘free’ tho is it. Your point about BBC iPlayer is invalid because you don’t need a paid subscription to access iPlayer, but with Prime you do.

You're point is invalid in regards to darkest hour as you need to pay a TV licence fee that's far in excess of the yearly Prime fee actually do whats your point??
*so
sabresonic15/05/2020 17:38

Yeah, sorry...must have caught me in an uncommonly grumpy hour...I put it …Yeah, sorry...must have caught me in an uncommonly grumpy hour...I put it down to having to put up with three hormonal/moody teenage daughters during lockdown!! I didn't vote either way earlier but have now voted hot...on reflection, of those 2,000 films 90% are probably not worth watching so bringing those few that are I concede should be highlighted especially if there presence is limited! I like Amazon Prime, especially as its free, well sort of! But it can be pain finding a decent film to watch, and I remember this when it first came out and my kids won't have seen it so thank you for the heads up.In term of my earlier post, I'm hoping you'll forgive any negative comments.

Your welcome pal
Where did Kevin Kline disappear too, was in a few movies back then
Baldricky15/05/2020 17:13

I thought it all started when children stopped going to school and got …I thought it all started when children stopped going to school and got bored?

Not quite as some of us aren't lucky enough to be furloughed and have to keep working to keep society ticking along during this crisis....
Ukguy10115/05/2020 17:51

Where did Kevin Kline disappear too, was in a few movies back then

Last I recall of him was Last Vegas alongside Freeman, De Niro and Michael Douglas but that's going back a good few years ago
EHF587615/05/2020 17:52

*You’re

Hey, my home tutoring doesn't extend to my HUKD posts so no worries re spelling/grammar LOL!
Abbsolute non deal. Voted Cold.
As a prime member voted cold
I pay for the privilege and can use the search, yeah
Is this good for kids? I cant remember.
@Jason@Dan another one left in deals excuse is its a limited time deal, sorry but same as every other film on any other service, only last week the two films slipped through the net and became hottest deals of the day, Eventually one was deleted the other moved to discussions like all the others since then.
Edited by: "eslick" 15th May
DrCrusher15/05/2020 15:38

Site doesnt work like that anymore. If you post something added to prime or netflix its a deal!
Hey, has anyone noticed that all on Netflix is free too?!
Voted cold for obvious reasons.
Weehamish15/05/2020 18:36

Site doesnt work like that anymore. If you post something added to prime …Site doesnt work like that anymore. If you post something added to prime or netflix its a deal!

Yep, tell that to all those that got moved to discussions since the mess the other week with player one, git loads of heat and then deleted.
eslick15/05/2020 20:52

Yep, tell that to all those that got moved to discussions since the mess …Yep, tell that to all those that got moved to discussions since the mess the other week with player one, git loads of heat and then deleted.

SO why is this still here? well i seen its moved now... but yeh many posters like me got posts constantly removed complaining about crap like this, but the horde wins in the end i suppose.
Edited by: "Weehamish" 15th May
DrCrusher15/05/2020 15:38

Last time I checked it was £7.99/month. I suppose if you use a free one month trial then technically it's free to watch along with the other 100s of films on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions