A good EE retention Broadband deal (Fibre plus, £22 PCM)

Posted 18th Mar
So today I had a look and saw the post office bband deals. £15.90 for standard and £20.90 for fibre. Plus £50.50 TCB.

I am nearly at the end of my EE contract (2 months left) and was happy to join the post office today for their fibre deal. The early contract termination fee with EE would have been £40 but TCB money would cover that.

I spoke to EE about this and at first they offered me standard fibre for £30 and Fibre plus for something like £37 as a retention deal. (I currently pay £27 for standard fibre but that will go up to about £35 when the contract ends).

Then I pointed out the post office deals and said I would be leaving today if they can't match it. I was put on hold while they checked and when they came back, they offered to match the post office price, or would give me Fibre plus for just an extra £1 PCM. 18 month contract.

So if you are coming close to the end of your EE broadband contract, give them a call, point out the post office deals and you should get the same offering. I don't think it can be beaten... £22 for 67mbit average speeds.
Community Updates

Groups

5 Comments
does that include line rental OP?
Yes EE have been really good matching offers with retention offers. I've had two - the most recent (aug 19) fibre plus + anytime calls
(International) + their new router £32. Great value for us as parents use the landline nationally/international calling
ogeran18/03/2020 13:22

does that include line rental OP?

It does yes and it isn't privy to their sudden price rise thing they did before.

Like last time I had a retention deal with them of £24 for standard fibre. I accepted it and 2 months later they put it up by £3 to £27, but I was locked in contract again and couldn't do a thing about it.

They said they've stopped that now and it would only be subject to the annual rpi increase thing. They said that wont happen with this package until April next year (where it will be a less than £1 increase).
Edited by: "Sparkz2k16" 18th Mar
Sparkz2k1618/03/2020 13:36

It does yes and it isn't privy to their sudden price rise thing they did …It does yes and it isn't privy to their sudden price rise thing they did before.Like last time I had a retention deal with them of £24 for standard fibre. I accepted it and 2 months later they put it up by £3 to £27, but I was locked in contract again and couldn't do a thing about it.They said they've stopped that now and it would only be subject to the annual rpi increase thing. They said that wont happen with this package until April next year (where it will be a less than £1 increase).

in which case thats an excellent deal, congrats!
ogeran18/03/2020 13:40

in which case thats an excellent deal, congrats!

Definitely good if others can get that too.

The Shell standard fibre deal here appears cheaper with the £90 credit for joining (makes it £15.49), but "plus" is faster, there would be no early contract termination fees and good to be able to keep the 5GB mobile data boost with EE.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants