Groups
    EXPIRED

A Good Freeview Box

I'm looking for a really good freeview box as I just cancelled sky and got better broadband instead.

We have media centre at home so I don't need a hard drive (we have around 2000 Gb at the minute)

Never had freeview before though, so don't know which is a good box.

I've heard that Goodmans ones freeze, is that true?

Please help!

6 Comments

Well Goodmans arent that great, mine kept on not recognising the remote, its replacement kept rebooting itself, and the one after that was fine, cept didnt have a good rf input and didnt pick up signal that great.

Original Poster

Thanks. Rep added. Now I just have to find a freeview box that's not rubbish lol

Well its better each year, The £20 ones in Asda(not sure brand) seem quite good my flatmate had one for 2 months before he gave it to his parents and it never had a problem, good remote control signal even in other room, seemed to pick up digital signal far better than a Goodmans, and even a Hitachi box which we had in living room, and never crashed once.

Its just trial and error.

I have this -- Digi Home DV940B Interactive Set Top Box
    very reliable & at Argos for £19.99

Original Poster

Thanks I'll check it out

Would it be possible to get a freeview card for your media centre?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866385
      2. word association Game74044549
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047161
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767399

See more discussions