Groups
    EXPIRED

A good lens for a Nikon D50 SLR

In one of the magazines out at the moment there are review of lens between 55-200.

I am considering Tamron and Sigma as cheaper alternatives to the Nikon lens. They all seem to function the same but has anyone had any experiences. I have seen a Sigma lens for £80, and the Tamron is around £100 on the High Street. If the Tamron is more expensive, is it made better? Many thanks for your help.

1 Comment

Not really - it's not possible to generalise in that way; on the internet the sigma is £85 and the Tamron £72 - have a look at camerapricebuster.co.uk.

I've used a Sigma DC quality lens, the 18-55, and I liked the photos produced by it but I imagine the Tamron is on a par - here are two reviews to compare:

ephotozine.com/art…-ll

ephotozine.com/art…-DC

Personally the plastic lens mount on the Tamron would put me off, especially if you can get the sigma in-store for £80. To be clear, my walkaround lens is a Tamron 17-50mm so I have nothing against that make.

Why not take your camera body into the shop and ask if you can try the lenses out, take some photos and have a look at them at home before making a decision.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Can you machine wash wool suit trousers that state "dry clean only"?88
      2. Looking for a phone11
      3. Has anyone bought fitted wardrobes from Sharps?23
      4. Anyone know about good deals on PENTAX Q7?22

See more discussions