Found 21st Nov 2009
My friend is due to drop in 2-3 weeks and am looking for a present as a treat, can anyone recommend anything?

I want something that will be useful/used, not something like a manicure set as that will probably be the last thing on her mind right now LOL!

My budget is about £10, maybe a bit more if I find something worthwhile.

Anyone?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

Earplugs!
No on a serious note, some lush bubble bath and a book, and some chocs..that would be my ideal

my friend did my daughter a basket up of baby oils shampoos cotton wool things like that it looked really nice

Loads of Nappies, wipes, Gas Mask with a card saying welcome to hell lol

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;6959824

Earplugs!No on a serious note, some lush bubble bath and a book, and some … Earplugs!No on a serious note, some lush bubble bath and a book, and some chocs..that would be my ideal

Aah, forgot to mention that she already has 4 children and they are doing up their house, so hardly any free time :-D

tracey.g;6959827

my friend did my daughter a basket up of baby oils shampoos cotton wool … my friend did my daughter a basket up of baby oils shampoos cotton wool things like that it looked really nice

Sounds nice, thanks - may try and do that for when baby arrives. Am looking for something for Mummy now, though

gr8h8me;6959886

Loads of Nappies, wipes, Gas Mask with a card saying welcome to hell lol

lol

chocolates flowers or luxurious bubble bath

and offer to look after her other kids for a couple of hours

[COLOR="Red"]The mum to be isn't the same person as the 8 year old girl, is it?

hotukdeals.com/ite…-ye[/COLOR]

All the things she couldn't have whilst pregnant - a decent bottle of wine and some top quality soft or blue cheese like stilton or brie, if she likes cheese of course. Everyone buys stuff for the baby but forget about mamma who has just had a really tough time, so spoiling her's a great idea ;-D. If low budget offer to babysit one night so she can go out and have a kid free night. That's worth its weight in gold too, eating without being interrupted and being able to go to the loo on your own!

Original Poster

jeany123;6959950

chocolates flowers or luxurious bubble bathand offer to look after her … chocolates flowers or luxurious bubble bathand offer to look after her other kids for a couple of hours

I am not THAT good!

The JFK;6959951

[COLOR="Red"]The mum to be isn't the same person as the 8 year old girl, … [COLOR="Red"]The mum to be isn't the same person as the 8 year old girl, is it? http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/534531/looking-for-a-present-for-an-8-9-ye[/COLOR]

LOOOOOOOOOOL! It is her Mum, though :thumbsup:

What about a labour set. - A nice facial spritz, fancy lipbalm, hand cream etc.
Just put it in a nice gift bag with a tag that reads 'Good luck on the day' or something.

BabySmurfette;6960039

What about a labour set. - A nice facial spritz, fancy lipbalm, hand … What about a labour set. - A nice facial spritz, fancy lipbalm, hand cream etc.Just put it in a nice gift bag with a tag that reads 'Good luck on the day' or something.

I'm due in just over two weeks and would love this! :thumbsup:

has she got a chain you can get a baby charm for? or a bracelet? something to remind her of this time and of you?

Original Poster

BabySmurfette;6960039

What about a labour set. - A nice facial spritz, fancy lipbalm, hand … What about a labour set. - A nice facial spritz, fancy lipbalm, hand cream etc.Just put it in a nice gift bag with a tag that reads 'Good luck on the day' or something.

Lovely idea, don't suppose you could suggest me some specific items? I know she has quick labours though, like 2 hours :w00t:

DLM;6960041

Maybe this:-http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=206-8227Or … Maybe this:-http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=206-8227Or these:-http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-2101.aspx

Both nice ideas, I think the mug particularly would be suitable for her

plumberman01;6960113

has she got a chain you can get a baby charm for? or a bracelet? … has she got a chain you can get a baby charm for? or a bracelet? something to remind her of this time and of you?

Lovely idea, but no I don't think she has

what about a nice cosey nightie? and bedsocks lol

Original Poster

plumberman01;6960717

what about a nice cosey nightie? and bedsocks lol

Thanks but we refuse to use the words nightie and bedsocks in our vocabulary, still young at heart :giggle:

Evian do a nice facial spritz, ive used a FCUK one before too. Burts bees have some lovely lip balms, i just bought a nice orange face wash from them too which is lovely and refreshing.

hotelchocolat.co.uk/Bab…34/

Don't know what your budget is,but this is nice.They have stores nationwide so don't have to order online either.
Personally can't go wrong with chocolate if they like chocolate.

Mama mio have great kits for new mums

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/bst/lowres/bstn212l.jpg

Mrs.Z;6960991

Thanks but we refuse to use the words nightie and bedsocks in our … Thanks but we refuse to use the words nightie and bedsocks in our vocabulary, still young at heart :giggle:

hey me too cheeky:w00t: but a nice baggy t-shirt and some slipper socks to keep her feet warm when shes in labour is nice:oops:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810998
    2. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games78
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604827
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769585

See more discussions