A good price and spec for an entry level gaming laptop ?

Posted 24th Nov
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
With reviews on notebookcheck of 80%+ throughout, this seems a very nice bit of kit for the money. At least £100 cheaper than a close (lesser) equivalent on Amazon, but how did you find out this is a "77Y5" variant? There are LOTS of different specs for this model and I couldn't see that number mentioned on the Costco page?

I would go as far as to say this would be more than an "entry level" machine. More a mid-level - especially if you banged a bit more memory in it.

I've never dealt with Costco before (and can't be bothered to check!) but aren't they a bit like "Makro" - i.e. a 'members only' retailer and do their prices INCLUDE vat or do they add that on? That would make the price of this jump up a bit!

Money aside, it's still a great sounding laptop isn't it?
Your right that you have to be a member to visit a Costco Store but you don’t need to be to buy online and the prices include VAT.

I thinks it’s a good spec and price but will wait till at least tomorrow when their Black Friday event starts

The Costco website has the manufacturer’s part number which is NH.Q59EK.010

I searched this online and found the full model number on the Acer website datasheet
Gezza7224/11/2019 12:02

Your right that you have to be a member to visit a Costco Store but you …Your right that you have to be a member to visit a Costco Store but you don’t need to be to buy online and the prices include VAT. I thinks it’s a good spec and price but will wait till at least tomorrow when their Black Friday event starts The Costco website has the manufacturer’s part number which is NH.Q59EK.010I searched this online and found the full model number on the Acer website datasheet

I think you pay a 5% premium if you buy online and aren't a member? That certainly used to be the case.

A spokesperson for Costco said: "Costco membership is still a requirement to shop in any warehouse.

"However, you do not need a Costco membership to shop online at costco.co.uk however if you are not a member you will be charged a delivery fee."

Delivery fee for non-members is 5% +VAT of the final bill.
Edited by: "deeky" 24th Nov
I’ve got a friend who is a Costco member so if that’s the case I could get him to buy it for me , however I have just found this on AO.com
It’s a different model number but the spec looks identical ? datasheet
Gezza7224/11/2019 12:30

It’s a different model number but the spec looks identical ? datasheet

It's a different make as well.

I picked this up a few days ago. It's gone out of stock now and although it's a less powerful processor, everything else is the same plus it's 17". I got it for £619 with £10 new customer code. Might be worth watching for stock?

ao.com/pro…spx
No they are both Acer ?
Gezza7224/11/2019 12:43

No they are both Acer ?

Yeah, sorry. I don;t know what I was thinking. I was looking for the one I bought to show you and must have looked at my own open window
Just in case you haven't seen it yet @Gezza72 , check out this thread:

hotukdeals.com/dea…127

Not a lot, I know but hey - every little helps!

Regards, Phsy.
Thanks !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants