Groups

A good read???

Mornin' All,
    Have just finished a fantastic book : Not without my sister (great but bit disturbing!)
    I nearly always read true stories and have recently read Marching powder, Hell's prisoner, all dave pelzer series and Slave.
    Have now run out of books that have been recommended to me, anyone any ideas??
    Cheers
    x

12 Comments

The Torey Hayden Books Are A Fantastic Read, I Too Read Mostly Factual Books And Her Books Are Outstanding, Very Well Written, Funny, Sad But Totally Engrossing. I Couldn't Put Any Of Her Books Down Until I Had Read Them Through. Happy Reading.

if you like true stories including Dave Pelzer like me you would enjoy Tory Haydens books and ugly. happy reading

Original Poster

:thumbsup:
    Cheers Guys, have ordered t.hayden: One child and C.Briscoe: ugly from Play.
    Cheap, plus quidco... Result!!
    Thanks again.
    x

I agree, tory haden is brilliant. Also virgina andrews - flowers in the attic (first book in 5 part series) are fiction but enjoyed by people with similar reading choices as you

I've just ordered the sequel to UGLY which I can't wait to read. Was Slave any good, I've been on the look out for it but haven't bought it yet?

Original Poster

Hey Leila,
    Yes Slave was fantastic... gripping, you almost feel like your there with her.
    Another Fantastic read is : Forbidden Love... A must read!

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;1502355

I agree, tory haden is brilliant. Also virgina andrews - flowers in the … I agree, tory haden is brilliant. Also virgina andrews - flowers in the attic (first book in 5 part series) are fiction but enjoyed by people with similar reading choices as you

Cheers Kelly,
    Have you read all 5 parts? I dont mind reading fiction, as long as its informative.

Leila70;1502454

I've just ordered the sequel to UGLY which I can't wait to read. Was … I've just ordered the sequel to UGLY which I can't wait to read. Was Slave any good, I've been on the look out for it but haven't bought it yet?

Where did you manage to find that?

Read 'Ugly' last year but couldn't find the next one ('Beyond Ugly' was it?)

Oh, and Torey Hayden is great - the only books I haven't read of hers are 'Murphy's Boy' and 'Tiger's Child' - I particularly recommend 'Ghost Girl' and 'One child' to start you off.

Apart from that, I recommend 'Just a Boy', 'The Kid', 'Behind Closed Doors', 'Please, Daddy No' and Don't Tell Mummy'.

A good way of finding good books is by searching through Amazon website. Type in a book you like and it will offer you related titles. You can then read the reviews.

Looking forward to reading Slave now, thanks!

I got Beyond Ugly ordered from Amazon, they have loads new and used.

ah yeh, thanks - they didn't have it when I looked last year, forgot all about it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Cheers all,
    Have a good 6 months of reading lined up!!

iluvshopping;1502501

Cheers Kelly,Have you read all 5 parts? I dont mind reading fiction, as … Cheers Kelly,Have you read all 5 parts? I dont mind reading fiction, as long as its informative.

Yup, many times (and sorry, there are 6!) and so have a couple of people I know. The first book (flowers in the attic) has been made into a film, but it is nowhere near as good as the book
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions