Groups

a good starter to have with curry?

Open to suggestions

Im cooking a 3 course meal for friends and i need to get the ingredients today.. the main will be chicken korma and chicken balti, and need some ideas of a nice starter to go with it.. it cant be poppadoms or anything to do with lamb..

cheers

20 Comments

how about veg somosa or vegf pakora

Tandoori chicken and a small side salad, mint sauce, onion salad. Easy to make in advance.

Coconut prawns with a chilli sauce dip

Soap. a mint, pea and lemongrass soup can be made well in advance and served hot or chilled - haved servedit chilled with ice-cubes on a really hot day...

Banned

greg_68;5532259

Tandoori chicken and a small side salad, mint sauce, onion salad. Easy to … Tandoori chicken and a small side salad, mint sauce, onion salad. Easy to make in advance.

+1

or chicken tikka and mint yoghurt and small onion salad

or king prawn butterfly

curryfrenzy.com/cur…tml

well last winter I had a similar meal for friends and started with a spicy butternut squash soup which went down really well. However in summer I think the tandoori chicken suggested by greg_68 would be perfect.

callmejoe;5532317

Soap. a mint, pea and lemongrass soup can be made well in advance and … Soap. a mint, pea and lemongrass soup can be made well in advance and served hot or chilled - haved servedit chilled with ice-cubes on a really hot day...

Soap !!!

Ugh !!!

tikka paneer, get some indian paneer cheese marinate in tikka sauce for a couple of hours then lightly fry add some onion salad and mint sauce:thumbsup::thumbsup:

fish massala. awesome. small chunks of cod (or whatever) in a massala coating, pan fried. yum yum

lufc_ginge;5532541

fish massala. awesome. small chunks of cod (or whatever) in a massala … fish massala. awesome. small chunks of cod (or whatever) in a massala coating, pan fried. yum yum

+1. Curried fish is to die for. :thumbsup:

Garlic Chicken Chaat

Paddy_o_furniture;5533304

Garlic Chicken Chaat

^^^

This.

guilbert53;5532336

Soap !!!Ugh !!!

+1 LMAO x

mbgringo;5533326

^^^This.

Great Minds

Anyone have a good recipe for Shish(sp) Kebabs?

Banned

Shami kebabs :thumbsup:

Paddy_o_furniture;5533349

Great Minds

Pick great starters :-D

mushroom on purri!

Chips.

Original Poster

cheers, some good sugegstions here! any ideas for a good rescipe site for sish and shami kebabs?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927359
      2. love affairs1344
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047105
      4. word association Game73944484

See more discussions