Groups

A good swim proof alternative to Fitbit?

HI folks,

I bought a Fitbit Blaze recently which is good and all but I will be looking to do more swimming and would like a tracker which is swim proof and that also displays the time. Sleep tracking would be a bonus but not essential.

Do any of you have advice/experience on using something similar?

Many thanks,

10 Comments

My garmin vivoactive is amazing. I have swam in both sea water and pool water in it and have showered with it on daily and have had no issues at all. I got it for £124.99 at tesco direct. It's much more aesthetically pleasing than the blaze and the display is better plus it syncs to your phone for notifications

Original Poster

sophieb1986

My garmin vivoactive is amazing. I have swam in both sea water and pool … My garmin vivoactive is amazing. I have swam in both sea water and pool water in it and have showered with it on daily and have had no issues at all. I got it for £124.99 at tesco direct. It's much more aesthetically pleasing than the blaze and the display is better plus it syncs to your phone for notifications

Sounds great, I will certainly check it out. Thanks!

sophieb1986

My garmin vivoactive is amazing. I have swam in both sea water and pool … My garmin vivoactive is amazing. I have swam in both sea water and pool water in it and have showered with it on daily and have had no issues at all. I got it for £124.99 at tesco direct. It's much more aesthetically pleasing than the blaze and the display is better plus it syncs to your phone for notifications

Sorry but highjacking thread on OP. Friend in work asked myself similar question yesterday as he volunteers for local river rescue team and had been warned by the other members who had all ruined mobile phones while on the boat/raft. How's the battery life on the Garmin?
    He also does a lot of running and do these also do the map tracking of where you have ran etc if you know?
    Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 16th Nov 2016

Original Poster

cecilmcroberts

Sorry but highjacking thread on OP. Friend in work asked myself similar … Sorry but highjacking thread on OP. Friend in work asked myself similar question yesterday as he volunteers for local river rescue team and had been warned by the other members who had all ruined mobile phones while on the boat/raft. How's the battery life on the Garmin? He also does a lot of running and do these also do the map tracking of where you have ran etc if you know?

Rechargeable battery: 3 wks (watch/activity tracking mode), 10 hrs (GPS mode).

Sounds fantastic.

Withings are worth looking at as well.
    Edited by: "ipswich78" 16th Nov 2016

Original Poster

ipswich78

Withings are worth looking at as well.

Wow, some of them are beautiful. Thanks for that!

zan87

Rechargeable battery: 3 wks (watch/activity tracking mode), 10 hrs (GPS … Rechargeable battery: 3 wks (watch/activity tracking mode), 10 hrs (GPS mode).Sounds fantastic.

Thanks for your reply.

Had the vivactive and now a vivoactive HR I can recommend them both, I use for length swimming and mtb'ing with gps/ records and links to strava perfectly

Sony smartwatch 3.....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 2 for 1 at Alton Towers this weekend?22
      2. Sky45
      3. Why do people scam on Gumtree?55
      4. HELP - am i being scammed on gum tree1521

See more discussions