Groups

A good watch for my mother

So my mum just turned 50 and I am looking to get her a watch but I'm looking at around 100 or just a little on top..... any ideas or links to a website where I can get one of good quality and brand??

Was looking at Micheal Kors or Armani Exchange but I'm open to other brands

28 Comments

I don't have anything to offer, other than I'm 50 shortly and if my son did what you are doing, I would be delighted with anything.

If the watch came with a lunch/supper/dinner/time with my son, it would be priceless.

Edited by: "windym" 7th Nov 2016

I keep seeing Seiko watches on here. Might be worth a search as I rate their quality and value, even better at a deal price.

I'm 56 and My daughter bought me a folli-follie watch. Rose gold with black leather strap. Very nice. I love watches and have quite a few - going out watches to everyday watches.

Apple iwatch

A pebble watch perhaps.

Watchshop.com have quite a lot below Rrp. There's a sale section too.

Swarovski watches are very nice make a great special present. Look at the outlets for great bargains.

Can't go wrong with citizen Eco drive

Original Poster

natah

A pebble watch perhaps.

She's not into smart watches as a matter of fact so can't get her that.... You know mothers want something they can hold on to years n still is relevant

Original Poster

Snakeyes646

This is a beauty!

Link sends me to Tesco direct but nothing specific

Original Poster

windym

I don't have anything to offer, other than I'm 50 shortly and if my son … I don't have anything to offer, other than I'm 50 shortly and if my son did what you are doing, I would be delighted with anything.If the watch came with a lunch/supper/dinner/time with my son, it would be priceless.

I bet he might have a surprise for u.... N yes I plan on taking her for dinner then give her the watch whiles there

Original Poster

plodging

Will check that out now then

Original Poster

developers

I keep seeing Seiko watches on here. Might be worth a search as I rate … I keep seeing Seiko watches on here. Might be worth a search as I rate their quality and value, even better at a deal price.

Would look into it

Original Poster

plodging

That led me to h.samuel. Thanks

Original Poster

Bargain_Bambi

Watchshop.com have quite a lot below Rrp. There's a sale section too.

Yeh been there but most decent ones seem to be £150+

Hi it depends on your mother's taste in watches. I love Skagen watches and have bought a few from Watchshop - they have some nice ones under £100 and they are so light and easy to wear. Also if you get the metal straps (as opposed to the leather straps) they adjust very easily, so in the summer they can be expanded and in winter made smaller.

This is the last one I bought watchshop.com/lad…tml and i have received loads of nice comments about it, but I hasten to add it is not to everyone's taste
    Edited by: "Obidashi" 7th Nov 2016

Sorry I posted the wrong link, this is the one I bought watchshop.com/lad…tml

Original Poster

Obidashi

Sorry I posted the wrong link, this is the one I bought … Sorry I posted the wrong link, this is the one I bought http://www.watchshop.com/ladies-skagen-ancher-refined-watch-355ssrs-p99957962.html

That is a beautiful watch

Original Poster

joesackey

N very unique too with the strap n design.... not too fancy but very classy for an elder woman/mother

It is a very comfortable watch to wear. I have 6 Skagen watches but this is the one I seem to wear the most.

joesackey

I agree - it is lovely. I got some money for my 50th birthday last week and I have decided to treat myself to a new watch so these suggestions on here are really good for me as well.

the michael kors mk3192 is the nicest watch of all times!!! I've got 2 michael kors watches but this seems 2 attract compliments it's avaliable for around 100 on eBay or amazon gluck!

I have asked for a new watch this year for Christmas too. I am looking at the Coach ones, Fossil and Kate Spade. The watch i'm currently wearing is a Fossil one thats almost 8 years old. I wear it every day and I have only replaced the battery once. I'm only changing it because I want a new design. I do rate Fossil as a good brand. My partners watch is Fossil too and was bought at the same time as mine. They are around the £100 mark. I have been looking at THE WATCH SHOP as thats where we bought ours from last time and there prices seem to be the best.

Original Poster

minsin96

the michael kors mk3192 is the nicest watch of all times!!! I've got 2 … the michael kors mk3192 is the nicest watch of all times!!! I've got 2 michael kors watches but this seems 2 attract compliments it's avaliable for around 100 on eBay or amazon gluck!

Getting a Micheal kors on eBay or amazon is a risk.... chances of getting a fake r so high I don't even wanna try it

Original Poster

ilovepinkmilk

I have asked for a new watch this year for Christmas too. I am looking at … I have asked for a new watch this year for Christmas too. I am looking at the Coach ones, Fossil and Kate Spade. The watch i'm currently wearing is a Fossil one thats almost 8 years old. I wear it every day and I have only replaced the battery once. I'm only changing it because I want a new design. I do rate Fossil as a good brand. My partners watch is Fossil too and was bought at the same time as mine. They are around the £100 mark. I have been looking at THE WATCH SHOP as thats where we bought ours from last time and there prices seem to be the best.

It's likely I would get something from watch shop just A bit confused on choice as I have a limit on spend

+1 For Skagen, bought my Mum one, really smart and easy to see. Just over £100.

am selling one it's a guess watch
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions