Expired

A great day of Motor Racing!

Found 27th May
After the awesomeness of last night's final and the Decimotercero, and with Pakistan rinsing England in the Test match, attention has switched to the big day of Motor Racing with two of the Triple Crown events today.

Formula One - Monaco Grand Prix (2pm, live on Channel 4)
The Aussie shoe swilling Daniel Ricciardo dominated qualifying and starts on pole joined by Sebastian Vettel on the front row. Hamilton the Championship leader and Raikkonen are on the second row with Bottas lurking for a lunge just behind. Verstappen starts on the back due to crashing late in Free Practice 3 and unable to get a time in for Qualifying.

The 102nd Indianapolis 500 (5pm BST, approx start time 5.20pm, live on BT Sport ESPN (may show it for free, otherwise YouTube definitely will have live streams available).
200 laps of the 2.5 mile Indianapolis Motor Speedway, totalling 500 miles. Get your drinks and snacks ready, it's gonna be a marathon in excess of 3 hours. The last three Indy500 races have been won by former Formula One drivers (Montoya in 2015, Alex Rossi in 2016 and Takuma Sato in 2017). The front row is fronted by Ed Carpenter, Pagenaud and Will Power (yes, that's a real name and a rather cool one). The favourite Castroneves, aiming to tie the all time record of 4 wins, did not have a good qualifying run and starts in the middle of the third row with Danica Patrick.
Community Updates
Misc
8 Comments
Pfft, that's a load of old tosh, the Isle of Man TT is what it's all about if you want to see some proper top notch racing.
Dyslexic_Dog23 m ago

Pfft, that's a load of old tosh, the Isle of Man TT is what it's all about …Pfft, that's a load of old tosh, the Isle of Man TT is what it's all about if you want to see some proper top notch racing.

Now I've got George formby running through my head. I'll never forgive you
Awesome motor racing? Even for F1, Monaco is a very dull race and that's saying something. I was hoping for some decent alternatives when I saw the thread title, MotoGP at the moment is as good as ever and GT3 is my favourite - not long now until the Blancpain Spa 24 at the end of July which is usually a spectacular race.
deleted1431257
Johnmcl730 m ago

Awesome motor racing? Even for F1, Monaco is a very dull race and that's …Awesome motor racing? Even for F1, Monaco is a very dull race and that's saying something. I was hoping for some decent alternatives when I saw the thread title, MotoGP at the moment is as good as ever and GT3 is my favourite - not long now until the Blancpain Spa 24 at the end of July which is usually a spectacular race.

Yeah that Monaco GP was dull as dishwater, I would normally say ''an hour and a half I'll never get back'' but I had nothing else to do or watch anyways.

P.S - if any of you guys don't have BT Sport and are searching for a link to watch the Indy500 (surprised there are not many streams on YouTube atm), here's a good one I found on YouTube (I think the commentary is in Spanish) /watch?v=dcENoGrN_u0. Enjoy
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 27th May
psychobitchfromhell6 h, 28 m ago

Now I've got George formby running through my head. I'll never forgive you

I do apologise profusely, and hope that one day you will find it in yourself to forgive me
But I don't understand the George Formby connection?
Dyslexic_Dog6 m ago

I do apologise profusely, and hope that one day you will find it in …I do apologise profusely, and hope that one day you will find it in yourself to forgive me But I don't understand the George Formby connection?

It won't let me post a link from you tube so you'll have to Google it. You'll understand when you do. Then it will be stuck in your head.
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 27th May
Dyslexic_Dog6 h, 48 m ago

I do apologise profusely, and hope that one day you will find it in …I do apologise profusely, and hope that one day you will find it in yourself to forgive me But I don't understand the George Formby connection?

google.com/sea…F-8
This is what I mean
I've never seen that before, I thought it was quite a catchy tune, hope it doesn't whir around in your head for too long!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants