A great support group for people widowed aged 50 and under

Posted 28th Feb
I lost my wife last year aged just 45. Leaving me and my 9 year old daughter. Without the support of this group and the people in it I don't know I'd have coped. If anyone knows anyone who's been widowed young this group may be of some benefit to them. There's local sub groups dotted around the country where members can meet up for a variety of activities. Here is the link for anyone intrested
widowedandyoung.org.uk/
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Phsycronix28/02/2020 17:54

Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may …Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may be in need of some comfort, support or just simply the shoulder of someone who has been similarly affected.All the best to you and your daughter. I hope you are both keeping well after such a tragic loss.Kindest regards, Phsy.

No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been worth sharing.
Thank you
Wirralbargains7728/02/2020 17:56

No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been …No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been worth sharing.Thank you

I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard work. My advice is that if there is help out there, grab it with both hands. I was 49 when my husband died. I have not joined widowed and young but I still could because of how old I was at the time. It is something I do consider from time to time.
For anyone here struggling with grief, there are quite a few people on here I know that are in the same boat. Please please please, it you don't feel able to join an organization or you just don't know where to turn, or you just need someone to talk to, just post something on misc. You aren't alone. It's a lonely place and not something you expect to happen earlier on in life but it does. Whatever is worrying you, I guarantee someone else has gone through the same.
Thank you @Wirralbargains77 for posting this and it you need anything, all of the above goes for you too. All my Very best wishes. X
Wirralbargains7728/02/2020 20:36

Wishing you all the best to and thank you

stay strong. It's hard but you'll get there. We all will. May not be fun, but if we are breathing and our children are thriving, we've succeeded.
Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may be in need of some comfort, support or just simply the shoulder of someone who has been similarly affected.

All the best to you and your daughter. I hope you are both keeping well after such a tragic loss.

Kindest regards, Phsy.
15 Comments
Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may be in need of some comfort, support or just simply the shoulder of someone who has been similarly affected.

All the best to you and your daughter. I hope you are both keeping well after such a tragic loss.

Kindest regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix28/02/2020 17:54

Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may …Thank you for posting, Wirralbargains77. Very helpful for those they may be in need of some comfort, support or just simply the shoulder of someone who has been similarly affected.All the best to you and your daughter. I hope you are both keeping well after such a tragic loss.Kindest regards, Phsy.

No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been worth sharing.
Thank you
Wirralbargains7728/02/2020 17:56

No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been …No problem at all. If my post helps even just one person it'll have been worth sharing.Thank you

I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard work. My advice is that if there is help out there, grab it with both hands. I was 49 when my husband died. I have not joined widowed and young but I still could because of how old I was at the time. It is something I do consider from time to time.
For anyone here struggling with grief, there are quite a few people on here I know that are in the same boat. Please please please, it you don't feel able to join an organization or you just don't know where to turn, or you just need someone to talk to, just post something on misc. You aren't alone. It's a lonely place and not something you expect to happen earlier on in life but it does. Whatever is worrying you, I guarantee someone else has gone through the same.
Thank you @Wirralbargains77 for posting this and it you need anything, all of the above goes for you too. All my Very best wishes. X
psychobitchfromhell28/02/2020 20:32

I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard …I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard work. My advice is that if there is help out there, grab it with both hands. I was 49 when my husband died. I have not joined widowed and young but I still could because of how old I was at the time. It is something I do consider from time to time. For anyone here struggling with grief, there are quite a few people on here I know that are in the same boat. Please please please, it you don't feel able to join an organization or you just don't know where to turn, or you just need someone to talk to, just post something on misc. You aren't alone. It's a lonely place and not something you expect to happen earlier on in life but it does. Whatever is worrying you, I guarantee someone else has gone through the same. Thank you @Wirralbargains77 for posting this and it you need anything, all of the above goes for you too. All my Very best wishes. X

Wirralbargains7728/02/2020 20:36

stay strong. It's hard but you'll get there. We all will. May not be fun, but if we are breathing and our children are thriving, we've succeeded.
psychobitchfromhell28/02/2020 20:32

I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard …I was widowed young too. It's horrible. Five years in it is still hard work. My advice is that if there is help out there, grab it with both hands. I was 49 when my husband died. I have not joined widowed and young but I still could because of how old I was at the time. It is something I do consider from time to time. For anyone here struggling with grief, there are quite a few people on here I know that are in the same boat. Please please please, it you don't feel able to join an organization or you just don't know where to turn, or you just need someone to talk to, just post something on misc. You aren't alone. It's a lonely place and not something you expect to happen earlier on in life but it does. Whatever is worrying you, I guarantee someone else has gone through the same. Thank you @Wirralbargains77 for posting this and it you need anything, all of the above goes for you too. All my Very best wishes. X

Same goes for myself. As PBH said you have quite a few of us here. Still have our moments, which was actually on Wednesday in Madrid, just thinking of how much she would have enjoyed the experience of the mercado de san miguel and the Football match, even though neither of us where into football it was still such an experience.
Edited by: "cecilmcroberts" 29th Feb
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 09:23

Same goes for myself. As PBH said you have quite a few of us here.

Thank you
Wishing you all the best
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 09:23

Same goes for myself. As PBH said you have quite a few of us here. Still …Same goes for myself. As PBH said you have quite a few of us here. Still have our moments, which was actually on Wednesday in Madrid, just thinking of how much she would have enjoyed the experience of the mercado de san miguel and the Football match, even though neither of us where into football it was still such an experience.

was thinking of you as I wrote it. Hope all is going well. And @philphil61
psychobitchfromhell29/02/2020 09:59

Yah, all grand ty. Had me moments, though now got a few holidays behind me and looking forward to my next. Madrid was a mix of business and pleasure, just sort of hit when my colleagues asking me to take some pics for them to send to wives/husbands at the Real Madrid vs Man City match and buying them some presents etc, but got over it .
psychobitchfromhell29/02/2020 09:59

Thanks PBH for the notification/consideration

Apologies for disappearing from HUKD I do check by occasionally but mainly just deals. For me HUKD doesn't have the same appeal as it once did. Free speech is ignored and trying to post a deal from a reputable German business failed because it didn't meet HUKD's "standards" (I'll use that term so as not to have the thumbscrews tightened more).

Wrote a lot more but as usual I wrote from the heart and decided to just delete and add the following

I'm OK as OK has a wide meaning. Yes I can't wait for the warmer dryer weather so I may escape these 4 walls for longer and see new sites and meet new people

I keep thinking about riding up to Bradford and surprising some woman at Morrison's (still never figured out which was their local but IIRC there's only potentially 2 to choose from) but my (insert round dangly things) keep disappearing or shrinking

Thanks again for heads up
philphil6129/02/2020 14:29

Thanks PBH for the notification/consideration Apologies for disappearing …Thanks PBH for the notification/consideration Apologies for disappearing from HUKD I do check by occasionally but mainly just deals. For me HUKD doesn't have the same appeal as it once did. Free speech is ignored and trying to post a deal from a reputable German business failed because it didn't meet HUKD's "standards" (I'll use that term so as not to have the thumbscrews tightened more).Wrote a lot more but as usual I wrote from the heart and decided to just delete and add the following I'm OK as OK has a wide meaning. Yes I can't wait for the warmer dryer weather so I may escape these 4 walls for longer and see new sites and meet new people I keep thinking about riding up to Bradford and surprising some woman at Morrison's (still never figured out which was their local but IIRC there's only potentially 2 to choose from) but my (insert round dangly things) keep disappearing or shrinking Thanks again for heads up

Mayo avenue phil
cecilmcroberts29/02/2020 14:07

Yah, all grand ty. Had me moments, though now got a few holidays behind me …Yah, all grand ty. Had me moments, though now got a few holidays behind me and looking forward to my next. Madrid was a mix of business and pleasure, just sort of hit when my colleagues asking me to take some pics for them to send to wives/husbands at the Real Madrid vs Man City match and buying them some presents etc, but got over it .

Sucks dunnit. Valentine's was rubbish
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 29th Feb
psychobitchfromhell29/02/2020 15:16

Sucks dunnit. Valentine's was rubbish

I actually managed to ignore it this year mostly as busy prepping for a warehouse move, then the move itself and few weeks of support and the day itself was side tracked by a conference in Dublin
philphil6101/03/2020 18:42

Added to Google Maps....thanks

Lol! You'd be too scared.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants