A lady keyed my wife car, can i get claim for repair?

Found 21st May
A lady was keyed my wife car and get caught, we have report the police, got her picture and car number plate and got witness too!

Regarding the repair, can i get claim from her? is no point to go through my insurance and increase my premium for next year. what else i can do?

Can i have your advise, please!
Community Updates
AskHome & Garden
15 Comments
If its as open and shut as your explanation suggests, then the police should find it easy to prosecute. When found guilty, the court can award damages. Make the police aware that this is your preferred route and they will tell you if they are prosecuting.
Check your insurance policy , many have vandalism clauses these days which mean you will not lose your NCB . It is likely she has no insurance and by the way I would wager she is no lady !
rogparki18 m ago

Check your insurance policy , many have vandalism clauses these days which …Check your insurance policy , many have vandalism clauses these days which mean you will not lose your NCB . It is likely she has no insurance and by the way I would wager she is no lady !

NCB won't be lost but you would still have to declare a claim was made, hence insurance increase.
you won't be able to claim from her insurance - she wasn't in the car and just being near her car whilst vandalising your wife's car doesn't make her insurance company liable.

pursue through the courts. you'll need a civil case as well as a criminal case.
Whats the full story, did she just come up and key your car for no reason? I'd imagine you can claim for damages if nothing else has happened.
Either way you have to inform your insurance company, failure to do so will invalidate your insurance. You are required to notify the insurer of any incidents.

Courts will normally only consider expenses incurred so you would have to pay for the repair and claim via the court.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st May
cmdr_elito15 h, 34 m ago

Either way you have to inform your insurance company, failure to do so …Either way you have to inform your insurance company, failure to do so will invalidate your insurance. You are required to notify the insurer of any incidents.Courts will normally only consider expenses incurred so you would have to pay for the repair and claim via the court.

I wouldn't report a scratch unless I wanted to make a claim, Having a scratch certainly wouldn't invalidate your insurance. Reporting an incident/accident is more incase a third party wants to make a claim against you. Unlikely in the ops case.

If op claimed on insurance it would most certainly impact their insurance for the next several years and would likely have to pay an excess which might cost more than having the scratches repaired elsewhere etc.

I'd get a quote first before putting a claim in. I'd certainly report to the police and look at pursuing for damages though.
Edited by: ".MUFC." 22nd May
Personally I would like to see people like this tarred and feathered. As a warning to other potential keyers.

Failing elaborate revenge plots, I would pursue her through the courts to cover the costs and any legitimate out of pocket expenses you have incurred.
Don't bother taking to small claims, The hassle and the court fees prior to anything taking place will outweigh the repair itself.

Even if you win there is no guarantee that you will get paid, specially if the claim value is very small.

for a quote:

chipsaway.co.uk/fre…te/
gcmarcal1 h, 21 m ago

Don't bother taking to small claims, The hassle and the court fees prior …Don't bother taking to small claims, The hassle and the court fees prior to anything taking place will outweigh the repair itself.Even if you win there is no guarantee that you will get paid, specially if the claim value is very small.for a quote: https://www.chipsaway.co.uk/free-estimate/

It is quite deep although it only the side front section. certainly will get the quote from Chip Away (thanks for recommedation) and waiting police to return (as they are going to get the CCTV from Morrison Car park)
Happyday123459 m ago

It is quite deep although it only the side front section. certainly will …It is quite deep although it only the side front section. certainly will get the quote from Chip Away (thanks for recommedation) and waiting police to return (as they are going to get the CCTV from Morrison Car park)

Post a photo for us.
33838293-fkwDt.jpg33838293-L5Bco.jpg
Any obvious motive for the incident?
Not clear how a facial photo, a number plate reference and a witness will magically provide the culprit's contact details to enable serving of court docs - certainly not enough for DVLA to release personal details if that was your thinking. Police may be able to provide that info should they choose to investigate and choose to release it.
AndyRoyd15 h, 46 m ago

Not clear how a facial photo, a number plate reference and a witness will …Not clear how a facial photo, a number plate reference and a witness will magically provide the culprit's contact details to enable serving of court docs - certainly not enough for DVLA to release personal details if that was your thinking. Police may be able to provide that info should they choose to investigate and choose to release it.

@AndyRoyd thanks. we did took the picture of her and her number plate. still waiting local police to return call to us and see what they found in the CCTV footage.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions