A-Level Results out Tommorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Found 19th Aug 2009
Anyone else on HUKD getting theirs. I'm bricking it - need 3 A's for my 1st choice uni

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
39 Comments

Good luckk !!

Banned

I wonder if we'll have record highs....again.

good luck to everyone waiting-in scotland the results came a coupla weeks ago.

oooh, good luck, hope you get the grades you need xxx

Gcse's Next Week Too, Im Gettin About 2

never got around to doing them!! too stupid o well Good luck to every1 & let us know how u get on

good luck everyone. know a few people getting their a level results.

Good Luck.

which uni do u wanna get into?

FilthAndFurry;6056610

i lold

got AS's tomorrow. i think i'll be picking up resit forms at the same time. need three A's next year to go to Nottingham

Good Luck :-D

Original Poster

Thanks to all, will post back what i get

samwants2save;6056800

which uni do u wanna get into?

Leeds to do Maths.

Good Luck

Gcses in 8 days.... well nervous

Banned

dcx_badass;6058431

Just remember it's only a letter on a piece of paper, it's not the end of … Just remember it's only a letter on a piece of paper, it's not the end of the world.

Too right, im going into my last year at uni in september in birmingham.

And already running 2 successful businesses, and probably to a certain extent not use my degree..
Wish i had known this before mind, but working for myself has to be better than lining somebody else's pension pocket.

Best of luck to all who took exams!

My sister took some this year for a teaching degree - she's not optimisitc

I work for one of the examing bodies and this time of the year is a nuisance

dcx_badass;6058912

If it's AQA then I hate you.

and why would that be???

Dont worry its not AQA....i hate them as well:thumbsup:

dcx_badass;6058940

They lost my exam paper and refuse to talk to me and hang up on the phone.

yeah we recentley did some research on our competitors and one thing we found out about AQA is that their customer service was poor!!!!

dcx_badass;6058954

They said they can't talk to me about it due to data protection, and I … They said they can't talk to me about it due to data protection, and I said data protection is to protect my data from other people not from myself, and they said good bye and hung up.

so what happened then....resit the exam??

massmail666;6058997

edexcel?

Nope!!!!!!

Hamm;6058462

Too right, im going into my last year at uni in september in … Too right, im going into my last year at uni in september in birmingham.And already running 2 successful businesses, and probably to a certain extent not use my degree..Wish i had known this before mind, but working for myself has to be better than lining somebody else's pension pocket.

what do you do?

dcx_badass;6059053

No the ***** made up a mark which put me on the grade boundary (on the … No the ***** made up a mark which put me on the grade boundary (on the lower side), the estimated mark was only 5 above the original and I know I did better than that.

bummer......hopefully it didnt mess u up too much for whatever you did after?

FilthAndFurry;6056610

Get over it grandad, we're just more intelligent than you are :-D

No but seriously, the exams might be getting easier, or maybe the education system is improving. Whichever it is, with the amount of bad press young people get at the moment, it is annoying for the media to have a pop year in year out when results improve.

dcx_badass;6059113

Didn't affect it at all luckily, still annoyed though and I think I'm … Didn't affect it at all luckily, still annoyed though and I think I'm been reasonable asking for my money back.

fight it all the way :thumbsup:

if no success then bring your business to us

Banned

titley;6059070

Get over it grandad, we're just more intelligent than you are :-DNo but … Get over it grandad, we're just more intelligent than you are :-DNo but seriously, the exams might be getting easier, or maybe the education system is improving. Whichever it is, with the amount of bad press young people get at the moment, it is annoying for the media to have a pop year in year out when results improve.

The A-Levels nowadays aren't exactly pushing the students are they? The teachers can literally walk their students through how to get high grades on coursework.

dcx_badass;6059218

All you need to be able to do to pass A levels is read tbh.

Depends on the subject. You would not get a decent grade in more traditional subjects (such as maths and the sciences) just having the ability to read...

Also there is a big distinction between passing and actually doing well.

Regardless of the situation, people in full time education can only sit the exams their given, so why complain, there is alot of other crap in the news to be downbeat about.

can people check if they got into their uni by checking the ucas wesite at midnight?

Original Poster

I got my 3 A's :-D

jon15;6066374

Nice one mate:thumbsup:

leeds.

Original Poster

Leeds

dcx_badass;6066830

I'm going to Northumbria, but known since April anyway.Unconditional … I'm going to Northumbria, but known since April anyway.Unconditional ******* (I got 3)!

how old are you?

testing da swearword lol

massmail666;6067458

wow, i always thought u were way older then that!

+1

well done,

3 A's is good

i flopped, i gt a B in economics a B in politics and a ....... E:oops: in maths, needless to say i didnt get into surrey who wanted BBB, they only have a foreign student only policy for clearin which is total bs, its like saying we only want woman or old people, you cant do it in employment, so was realy annoyed with that, after 135 calls to queen mary they finally picked up, and im doing a mechanical engineering course with foundation year, which is great as engineering was my prefferd choice, so it all ended well.

jon15;6066374

Well done :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers68
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…59122
    3. Xbox Code Giveaway - fastest finger first57
    4. Four Xbox 360 titles to be enhanced for Xbox One X22

See more discussions