A linux laptop

Banned
Hi all,

i am going away to Uni next year. I'm looking to buy a linux laptop to take with me. Does anyone know a good place to buy laptops with linux pre-installed? I've had a look on teh interwebz but cant seem to find one.

Thanks for any info

11 Comments

Why don't you just buy any laptop ( or maybe one without an OS ) and then install linux on it.

you should pick up a low spec laptop for next to nothing and install Ubuntu or one of the free variant software operating systems. You'll save a mint and linux will still run fine.

I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro that'll run linux nicely, yours for £150 if you like.

Original Poster Banned

That's what i'm asking for, a website that sells laptops without an OS. Linux (in my experience) hates broadcom drivers for wireless cards, namely HP laptops. So that's why i'd prefer linux to be pre-installed, so it's 100% compatable with that laptop.

DVS_Dee

I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro that'll run linux nicely, yours for £150 … I've got a Toshiba Satellite Pro that'll run linux nicely, yours for £150 if you like.

what specs? I may be interested if OP isn't

Dell only recently stopped (and temporarily) selling laptops with ubuntu pre-installed, might be worth giving them a call.

The Lenovo s10 netbook that works well with ubuntu netbook remix.

It's the 6th os I've tried on it and the best yet. UNR supports most hardware now iirc

bassman_uk

what specs? I may be interested if OP isn't

It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro 250 GB hdd / 2 gb ram / windows XP (SP3) (inc. COA) / Good condition.

dcx_badass

Lol, what's the point in specs if you don't mention the processor.

So you would be interested in buying if he did mention the processor? No? Oh right, doesn't surprise me.
Edited by: "mr.potato_head" 9th Aug 2010

DVS_Dee

It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro 250 GB hdd / 2 gb ram / windows XP (SP3) … It's a Toshiba Satellite Pro 250 GB hdd / 2 gb ram / windows XP (SP3) (inc. COA) / Good condition.

Need the processor dude

bassman_uk

Need the processor dude

It's a celeron 2.60 GHZ
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions