Groups

A little assistance with web design please.

Hello all.

In need of a bit of semi advanced web design assistance.

I'm building a website currently, and have hit a snag.

I want to include:
    dropdown menus for links
    and have a homepage image that crossfades into the next image and so on, until it loops.

I wish to do this using only html+javascript+css.

It is possible, after examining the source code from this example site: britishgrassland.com and have seen that they have used a lot of sample code from the likes of drupal etc (However I have no idea how one uses or begins to use drupal, hence why I'm trying to do it the hard way).

Thus far my attempts at javascripting these events have been pretty poor, mainly due to inexperience but also having not created a website in around 2 years, and have forgotten a lot of my stuff (but am getting back up to speed as I play with it).

Can anyone point me in the direction of some guides/samples of code that actually explain what each function or each style does? Or lend some assistance with their infinite wisdom in making this possible? I have copied the full style sheets (18 of them I think) from BGS, and see that a lot of it is been generated by a third party and thus make very little sense, without spending hours/days/weeks examining and reconstructing the site myself!

For something that is fairly insignificant (yet quite important) yet theoretically simple, it's frying my head.

Mucho love for taking the time to read and even reply!

9 Comments

Original Poster

Link: [url]www.britishgrassland.com[/url]

Their dropdown links are created through some very, very clever CSS, as is the changing image.

cssplay.com/
    Has lots of stuff on it (especially CSS Menus)

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7682019

http://www.cssplay.com/Has lots of stuff on it (especially CSS Menus)

That looks perfect!

*Humps* (no homo).

Any recommendations on where help with the image transition? I've found a bit of sample code for that although it loses me at one point as it does not explain the purpose of a particular variable.

*edit* Nevermind, I think the forums will have everything I need.

Did I mention I love you?

DragonChris;7682067

Did I mention I love you?

:shock:

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7682102

:shock:

Don't try to hide it, you're overjoyed! :w00t:

DragonChris;7682159

Don't try to hide it, you're overjoyed! :w00t:

That all depends... Which do you resemble more - A or B......

A
    http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg192/Sharapovas/minka-kelly-1.jpg

B
    http://loscuatroojos.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/ugly_fat_man_picture-_funfry.jpg

Original Poster

Babbabooey;7682219

That all depends... Which do you resemble more - A or B......

The gender of B but as attractive as A

FYI, the template from that site was perfect, took me a while to figure out what did what, but it looks the business So thanks again for the link!

Bit late to this party.....
    I find Dynamic Drive is very informative: sorry was thinking of ]simple rollover
    But rest of site might help.

Original Poster

vinnyabdn;7695473

Bit late to this party.....I find Dynamic Drive is very informative: … Bit late to this party.....I find Dynamic Drive is very informative: sorry was thinking of ]simple rolloverBut rest of site might help.

Ooh thanks, I'll check that site out
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27135
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764706
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4892398
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214171

See more discussions