Groups

A little bit of retailer feedback for secretsales.com

Bit the bullet last month and made a few purchases from secretsales.com, was a bit cautious as some of the posts on threads here have been quite negative. Here's my feedback:

Pros:
    Great reductions on brands, usually 50% off plus.
    Great communications, emails to confirm purchases and despatch.
    Nice simple website.
    Don't debit your cad until stuff is despatched.
    Referral scheme earns you £5 credit or each person you refer.
    Post out via Royal Mail 1st class recorded - you usually get your stuff 1 day after the despatch email.

Cons:
    Limited selection, and the good stuff runs out fast.
    You need to register to view the items for sale on the site.
    Long lead time from ordering to receipt of goods (although they do tell you items aren't sent out until the sale ends).

So there you go, just thought I'd share my views as I am really impressed with the site, and I've now got lots of good quality stuff to wear on my hols - have seen some of the stuff I ordered still on sale full price in the shops!

5 Comments

how long roughly to receive as im off on hols soon

thank you

loupomm;2580810

how long roughly to receive as im off on hols soon thank you

it can vary, i've ordered before & got within a few days & managed to buy more stuff from the same sale, but last time i ordered i got items about a week after the sale finished.

Original Poster

loupomm;2580810

how long roughly to receive as im off on hols soon thank you

3 weeks to a month all in, although this seems to depend on the brand they're selling as they will sned some stuff out upon ordering..

To be fair, they do tell you this when ordering, and generally you have your stuff 3-4 days after the sale on their site ends.

Depends really on which sale your looking at and when it ends to be honest.

I guess it's because they don't actually have the stuff on hand, and bulk order when they know what they need to send out.

thanks for posting but how do you know when referral has been accepted, ordered under hubbys email yesterday and still not on my account as referred

Original Poster

octobergirl;2581522

thanks for posting but how do you know when referral has been accepted, … thanks for posting but how do you know when referral has been accepted, ordered under hubbys email yesterday and still not on my account as referred

think it takes a few days mate
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. One for the mathmaticians3050
      2. Bearded chat917
      3. What would be HELL to you?3459
      4. word association Game74044582

See more discussions