Groups

A little concerned i was speeding, anyone know the A14 well?

Hi yesterday i had to collect a car with my dad and then drive home after, i picked the car up from Raunds, Northamptonshire and then headed towards home (norfolk) i went onto the road towards huntingdon-cambridge-norfolk and as i was on the dual carrageway i spotted a 50mph sign right in the far right lane(i was driving on the left hand side) but only 1 sign and if a car was in the way i wouldnt of seen it, i slowed down to 50mph but then felt i should keep up with the rest of the traffic as they were doing in the region of 70mph and i was the only car travelling at 50 mph.

just wonderd if anyone knows that road well, the sign was so far to the right and there was no repeaters.

prob worrying again over nothing

thanks in advance

16 Comments

Did you break when the others did?

Original Poster

strike;7743608

Did you break when the others did?

they kept above 50mph all the way

not another speed camera !!!!! you seem to have not much luck or are you harrasing these cameras :thinking:

well did it flash, wot sort of camera was it, if it was gatso and it only flashed once then dont worry its a warning, as for the average speed cameras ignore them the are false just a deterant, im a long distance driver and after a while you get to know what is real and what isnt

Original Poster

wickedteen;7743648

well did it flash, wot sort of camera was it, if it was gatso and it only … well did it flash, wot sort of camera was it, if it was gatso and it only flashed once then dont worry its a warning, as for the average speed cameras ignore them the are false just a deterant, im a long distance driver and after a while you get to know what is real and what isnt

there were average speed cameras about 2 miles up the road

wickedteen;7743648

well did it flash, wot sort of camera was it, if it was gatso and it only … well did it flash, wot sort of camera was it, if it was gatso and it only flashed once then dont worry its a warning, as for the average speed cameras ignore them the are false just a deterant, im a long distance driver and after a while you get to know what is real and what isnt

I got flashed last tuesday evening.....when should I expect my letter thro the door?

dont worry about them

bitseylango;7743695

I got flashed last tuesday evening.....when should I expect my letter … I got flashed last tuesday evening.....when should I expect my letter thro the door?

if you got a double flash from a gatso then it normally takes about two weeks if it was your own car, bit longer for company car

Original Poster

DLM;7743709

Any use?:-http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/specs-speed-camera-locations.htm

yeh cheers, would it say on that if there were roadworks etc?? or is that up to date etc

thanks

Banned

strobez1977;7743724

yeh cheers, would it say on that if there were roadworks etc?? or is that … yeh cheers, would it say on that if there were roadworks etc?? or is that up to date etcthanks

Roadworks here:-

highways.gov.uk/tra…spx

wickedteen;7743711

if you got a double flash from a gatso then it normally takes about two … if you got a double flash from a gatso then it normally takes about two weeks if it was your own car, bit longer for company car

thanks, it was my car, I will expect the letter next week then :-( my own fault :roll: although I dont recall 2 flashes, just one

Original Poster

DLM;7743765

Roadworks here:-http://www.highways.gov.uk/traffic/7936.aspx

Thanks doesnt show any temp speed signs so im hoping i was ok

bitseylango;7743796

thanks, it was my car, I will expect the letter next week then :-( my own … thanks, it was my car, I will expect the letter next week then :-( my own fault :roll: although I dont recall 2 flashes, just one

one flash is a warning

wickedteen;7743923

one flash is a warning

it lit up the sky! heres hoping it was a warning then :thumbsup:

Banned

strobez1977;7743917

Thanks doesnt show any temp speed signs so im hoping i was ok

Hope so and good luck with the other issue :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1636
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846330
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3491264
      4. HOMEBASE CLEARANCE SALE88

See more discussions