EXPIRED

a little ebay help please

i sold an item last night for £16 i put free recorded delivery only in uk if you live outside uk do not bid, i also set buyer requirements to only in uk, anyway it ended and the person who won had 0% feedback but he had 10 pos they all very old and not in english, so i looked at other items he has bidded on and it said i couldnt look at his account as he is outside of europe, i looked at his address and post code and it sounded funny so i put the postcode in a house price finder (i didnt know how else to see) and it come up that the postcode is none existent, so i asked to cancel the transaction as i said yor not in uk, he declined and paid via paypal

his paypal says confirmed address so if i send it there what will happen i dont think the addy is real but paypal says confirmed what would you do i have 100% fb and dont want a bad but i dont want to be ripped off thanks

26 Comments

Original Poster

sorry for the spelling and punctuation

Check the postcode on Royal Mail...........they will tell you if it's really non-existant. Could be a new area.

Banned

refund through paypal, nothing he can do then

Original Poster

i went to go back on the dispute page thro the email i got to say he declined and it took me to german ebay surley if he is in germany and has a uk address hes breaking the rules ??

Try here. ......]http//po…386 If it exists ,then send it. You can also pay the postage and get it addressed via paypal If you choose to

Please beware as although paypal says its confirmed, I know people recently who have done exactly the same as you and specified selling to anyone outside the UK and ended up with the payment in their paypal account and states confirmed even though they had no valid address in their invoice etc. What happened was that the friends I know, posted the item out to them, and mysteriously the money went missing from the paypal account. One was for £200 for a dive watch. Paypal are aware of this and they say they are investigating this as a matter of urgency as they dont know how they have done this and they eventually found they had a Polish bank account. So I would refund the money and refuse to sell, relist and block the buyer from bidding, and if they do again, just cancel their bid. Its up to you, but it all sound so similar to me. Keep me posted.

Original Poster

Syzable;5928072

Check the postcode on Royal Mail...........they will tell you if it's … Check the postcode on Royal Mail...........they will tell you if it's really non-existant. Could be a new area.

thanks it came up as a real addy on there, do i just send as paypal says confirmed will this cover me if i send recorded ??

Original Poster

aliandk;5928091

Please beware as although paypal says its confirmed, I know people … Please beware as although paypal says its confirmed, I know people recently who have done exactly the same as you and specified selling to anyone outside the UK and ended up with the payment in their paypal account and states confirmed even though they had no valid address in their invoice etc. What happened was that the friends I know, posted the item out to them, and mysteriously the money went missing from the paypal account. One was for £200 for a dive watch. Paypal are aware of this and they say they are investigating this as a matter of urgency as they dont know how they have done this and they eventually found they had a Polish bank account. So I would refund the money and refuse to sell, relist and block the buyer from bidding, and if they do again, just cancel their bid. Its up to you, but it all sound so similar to me. Keep me posted.

this member has pp and ebay the same addy and its down as confirmed i just felt funny because it took me to german or some other ebay page ?? not sure what to do its only £16 thank god

check his registered details on ebay - myself, I wouldnt send it

0% feedback = V high risk

I only sell to people with 99 to 100%

Agree with the others. Refund! I had this with a new member (same day they used my Buy it Now option). USA address even though I said UK only on the auction options. Asked Ebay to investigate as I didn't trust them (good were £250) and they had his account closed within hours.

SABJ;5928109

thanks it came up as a real addy on there, do i just send as paypal says … thanks it came up as a real addy on there, do i just send as paypal says confirmed will this cover me if i send recorded ??

Yes it will. If no-one signs for it then it would come back to you anyway.

just refund his payment and save the hassle,not worth it,offer it to the next highest bidder via second chance

Original Poster

janz70;5928127

check his registered details on ebay - myself, I wouldnt send it 0% … check his registered details on ebay - myself, I wouldnt send it 0% feedback = V high risk I only sell to people with 99 to 100%

does the feedback rating change afer so long he has 10 pos but they very old and in german or somthing so its showing as 0%

ive repped everyone thanks :thumbsup:

janz70;5928127

check his registered details on ebay - myself, I wouldnt send it 0% … check his registered details on ebay - myself, I wouldnt send it 0% feedback = V high risk I only sell to people with 99 to 100%

I do understand why you feel like that, but if everyone felt the same way, there would never be any new buyers!

SABJ;5928153

does the feedback rating change afer so long he has 10 pos but they very … does the feedback rating change afer so long he has 10 pos but they very old and in german or somthing so its showing as 0% ive repped everyone thanks :thumbsup:

Yes it does,thats why its showing as 0% as none of its recent.:thumbsup:

DO NOT POST......DO NOT REFUND! :viking:

Ignore him or her this is a scam & once you have sent the item you will get a claim for the money back in two or three months time, saying item not received. They are reckoning on you disposing of the proof of posting by that time, so that you can't refute the claim of not recieving item.

Also how can you provide proof of posting to a non existent post code!?

Your feedback is NOT all about not getting any negatives.....BE CAREFUL because some scammers rely on you trying to attain 100% positves. The bottom line is that you stated UK only - end of story!

IGNORE THE "BUYER"

:oops:
Forgot to say......have you tried goofbay.com to try & find more info on the "buyer"

far-queue;5928410

DO NOT POST......DO NOT REFUND! :viking:Ignore him or her this is a scam … DO NOT POST......DO NOT REFUND! :viking:Ignore him or her this is a scam & once you have sent the item you will get a claim for the money back in two or three months time, saying item not received. They are reckoning on you disposing of the proof of posting by that time, so that you can't refute the claim of not recieving item.Also how can you provide proof of posting to a non existent post code!?Your feedback is NOT all about not getting any negatives.....BE CAREFUL because some scammers rely on you trying to attain 100% positves. The bottom line is that you stated UK only - end of story! IGNORE THE "BUYER"

How is it a scam lol:w00t:

For a start someone can only make a Paypal claim within 45 days not 3 months.

You're being an alarmist.

Jazz;5928274

I do understand why you feel like that, but if everyone felt the same … I do understand why you feel like that, but if everyone felt the same way, there would never be any new buyers!

True but there are others like yourself who are willing to accept higher risk sales - you pays your money and you take your chance - it all depends on the item doesnt it - I wouldnt sell a car to somebody with 0% feedback - no buys or sells this year and all the feedback in the past in german (just an example) - but I might sell some ear plugs to them for a £1 :whistling:

Feedback is not all about percentages anyway - dont just accept they have 99% feedback they may have bought a load of 10p items - look at what they bought, the value and the feedback left

PS you will have to refund his payment if your not sending the goods otherwise its theft - just launch a paypal dispute

Just out of curiosity, what is the postcode? Feel free to change the last letter of it for the sake of the guy's privacy, I'm just curious as to why you think it's dodgy, because there could be a reason for it not to fit into the norm.

Banned

janz70;5928127

Everbody has to start a new account , so if everybody was like you, how do you get that 1 st feedback
:w00t:

SABJ;5928153

does the feedback rating change afer so long he has 10 pos but they very … does the feedback rating change afer so long he has 10 pos but they very old and in german or somthing so its showing as 0% ive repped everyone thanks :thumbsup:

Yes, your feedback is only calculated on your last 12 months trading. So his feedback must be over a year old. Seems suss to me...sorry but I wouldnt give myself the headache.

I can't imagine its a high value item as the OP is only sending it recorded.

In that case i wouldn't be too bothered,but you have to go with your gut feeling.

I can't remember whether you said,have you had any contact from the buyer at all,if not or you do email and you don't get a reply then i would be a tad concerned.

But i wouldn't be concerned on the sole basis that they haven't bought anything recently.

RUDOLF;5928712

Everbody has to start a new account , so if everybody was like you, how … Everbody has to start a new account , so if everybody was like you, how do you get that 1 st feedback:w00t:

read my next post :roll: before jumping in

everyone has to start somewhere! this is true - just not with me ;-) - its upto me who I sell my stuff to isnt it and apply the terms I see fit - people know by my feedback Im not going to mess them about and I only deal with similar buyers/ sellers

Ever heard youve gotta gain trust :whistling:

deb8z;5928505

How is it a scam lol:w00t:For a start someone can only make a Paypal … How is it a scam lol:w00t:For a start someone can only make a Paypal claim within 45 days not 3 months.You're being an alarmist.

OKAY change the "Three months" to 45 days if it makes you feel better!...."How is it a scam"
well the truth is I don't KNOW that it is BUT experience and common sense suggests that it is very likely to be a scam.

Alarmist? .....I don't agree.......have you ever had a dispute with paypal?

I had what apeared to be a dead 'cert case for a refund. The guy gave a tracking number for a purchase I made and it was for an address in nigeria (I don't live there) not only that but the date of posting was two weeks before my purchase!

Paypal agreed after around four weeks and then said insufficient funds in sellers a/c meant refund was impossible :roll:

I did get my money back...........but not through paypal!

Banned

Thread closed @ OP request.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
  1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764542
  2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …230714
  3. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?963013
  4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523448

See more discussions