Expired

A little help regarding PayPal payment please

LocalFound 28th Jul 2012
I've purchased an item from eBay on the 26th of this month, I paid via PayPal with my debit card, I've just checked PayPal & it is showing as payment completed, I've checked my online banking & it's showing that no payment has gone out, I phoned my bank to see if there is any pending payments & they said there is none at all nor there is any record of any payment been made, I'm confused as to what is happening... Just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar problem?
Community Updates
Misc
12 Comments
It usually takes about 3 or 4 working days to show on bank account.
Takes quite a few days for PayPal to take it out your bank.
ettam123

It usually takes about 3 or 4 working days to show on bank account.

But would it not show up as pending in my bank account?
Edited by: "sameena1" 28th Jul 2012
I recently had a problem where the money came out of my bank a few days later and they also took the money from my paypal balance, but they refunded me the money a few days later.

They said that the payment was taken by direct debit which like others have said takes 3-4 working days, but they said there is a way to change it so that the money is taken instantly from your bank when you pay although I didn't ask too much about it, if you don't want to wait a few days in future i'd ask them about how to change the payment method.
No it never shows pending until the day before it is going to come out. I hate that Paypal payments take so long to show up it messes up my budgeting as I forget what i've bought!!
Thanks everyone!
they quite clearly state that its a debit card payment..

These should show up immediately, well it will be removed from your
available balance immediately, what bank are you with? I know with
HSBC, Santander and RBS that its taken from your avaliable balance
immediately.

Are you sure it wasn't taken by direct debit? what paypal state as instant
bank transfer, in which case it can take up to a week for paypal to claim it,
do you have a bank account linked to paypal? if you do, it defaults to instant
bank transfer unless you change the payment type at the checkout.

it depends how you set up paypal, mine is classed as a Instant Bank Transfer (direct debit) so it only shows the day it hits
If you paid by card, it'll take a few days if it to change the balance. Checking your available balance against your actual balance will probably tell you whether it's been taken.
moneysaver9988

they quite clearly state that its a debit card payment..These should show … they quite clearly state that its a debit card payment..These should show up immediately, well it will be removed from your available balance immediately, what bank are you with? I know withHSBC, Santander and RBS that its taken from your avaliable balance immediately.Are you sure it wasn't taken by direct debit? what paypal state as instant bank transfer, in which case it can take up to a week for paypal to claim it,do you have a bank account linked to paypal? if you do, it defaults to instantbank transfer unless you change the payment type at the checkout.

I'm with Halifax bank, yes its linked to my paypal, no i dont think its an instant bank transfer because it would show up on PayPal as payment pending? But it says payment completed, funds taken from your bank account....
But saying that I didn't realise it defaults to instant bank transfer....
How do I check & amend my payment options in PayPal? I'll have a check...
sameena1

I'm with Halifax bank, yes its linked to my paypal, no i dont think its … I'm with Halifax bank, yes its linked to my paypal, no i dont think its an instant bank transfer because it would show up on PayPal as payment pending? But it says payment completed, funds taken from your bank account....But saying that I didn't realise it defaults to instant bank transfer....How do I check & amend my payment options in PayPal? I'll have a check...

I don't think it shows as payment pending when a bank transfer is used, well, not if you
also have a debit / credit card on your account, because of the DD fails they will use the
cards to take the payment, so its really cleared and not sent as a echeque, where you
have to wait until the payment is taken by DD.

I don't think there is a setting in the paypal to change the default funding source, but
when you go to pay for an item on ebay or wherever else you use paypal there will be a
link on the payment page where you can choose your default funding source.

And then all future payments will default to what you have chosen, you can ofcourse
change the where its taken every time you make a payment

they way paypal works it takes money in the following way

Balance (if any).
Instant Transfer from your bank account (if you have registered your bank account).
Buyer Credit or PayPal Plus Credit Card.
Credit card/debit card.
eCheque from your bank account (if you have registered your bank account)

But I think where yours says 'funds taken from bank account' gives it away..
a CC / DC payment will show as 'completed' and nothing else.

If you click on the payment you made it should say something like below, listing
the payment methods used.

Funding Type: PayPal Funds and Credit Card

Funding Source: £5.00 GBP – PayPal Account
£30.49 GBP - Visa/Delta/Electron Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX93

Edit.....

if you go to the send money tab, and go through the motions, on the
review your payment and send page down at the payment method click
'change' you can then change it, and it should default to this every time
you make a future payment

Edited by: "moneysaver9988" 28th Jul 2012
moneysaver9988

I don't think it shows as payment pending when a bank transfer is used, … I don't think it shows as payment pending when a bank transfer is used, well, not if youalso have a debit / credit card on your account, because of the DD fails they will use the cards to take the payment, so its really cleared and not sent as a echeque, where youhave to wait until the payment is taken by DD.I don't think there is a setting in the paypal to change the default funding source, butwhen you go to pay for an item on ebay or wherever else you use paypal there will be alink on the payment page where you can choose your default funding source.And then all future payments will default to what you have chosen, you can ofcoursechange the where its taken every time you make a paymentthey way paypal works it takes money in the following way Balance (if any). Instant Transfer from your bank account (if you have registered your bank account). Buyer Credit or PayPal Plus Credit Card. Credit card/debit card. eCheque from your bank account (if you have registered your bank account)But I think where yours says 'funds taken from bank account' gives it away..a CC / DC payment will show as 'completed' and nothing else.If you click on the payment you made it should say something like below, listingthe payment methods used.Funding Type: PayPal Funds and Credit CardFunding Source: £5.00 GBP – PayPal Account £30.49 GBP - Visa/Delta/Electron Card XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX93Edit.....if you go to the send money tab, and go through the motions, on the review your payment and send page down at the payment method click'change' you can then change it, and it should default to this every time you make a future payment

I don't have a credit card linked to my PayPal as of yet as I'm waiting for the PayPal pin on my statement... Oh well I'll keep an eye on it for now, I'll give it a week or so. Thanks for your help, I can't get into my PayPal atm, but when I do I'll try to change my payment options.

Many Thanks for your help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants