Groups

A little help required.....

Banned
    I'm after a CD rack that holds around 600 cd's.....

Can anyone recommend anything better/as good/cheaper as this one?

OR just a discount code for Argos? Not bothered about free delivery as I'll just pick up after work otherwise

I like this one to an extent and like the idea of doors,keeps it tidier and lack of dust too..so something along these lines would be good......plus I don't want anything massively high

24 Comments

Original Poster Banned

there was a thread on here a couple of days ago re a furniture store , they were selling lovey solid wood ones and I had some from the container clearnance company on ebay - these were the same and I can vouch for them being amazing, they are also a very beautiful piece of furniture - let me know if you are interested and I will try and find the thread

Original Poster Banned

octobergirl;2365913

there was a thread on here a couple of days ago re a furniture store , … there was a thread on here a couple of days ago re a furniture store , they were selling lovey solid wood ones and I had some from the container clearnance company on ebay - these were the same and I can vouch for them being amazing, they are also a very beautiful piece of furniture - let me know if you are interested and I will try and find the thread

Yh that sounds good cheers

Don't like the look of that Argos one if you have any kids around ??

Glass coming down that far is asking for trouble IMO.

Does it need to have doors ? If not a normal bookshelf with adjustable shelves is what I always used .

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2365997

Don't like the look of that Argos one if you have any kids around ?? … Don't like the look of that Argos one if you have any kids around ?? Glass coming down that far is asking for trouble IMO.Does it need to have doors ? If not a normal bookshelf with adjustable shelves is what I always used .

Nah no kids to worry about, so glass is fine.. My bookshelf if filled with DVD's you see and the 3 CD racks I have are now filled and I still have a pile of CD's so want to completely contain them in 1 place. Bookshelf wouldn't suit the room to be honest, but cheers anyway

I think with that amount of cd's dvd's etc you would have to have doors ... think of the dust !

Supermod

Are you wanting to actually display your CD cases as well? I have one of those CD holders and I slip the track list in the back of each CD holder. I have put all my CD cases into storage.

looks like its home delivery only - does that mean they dont have any in store to be picked up?
    I like it - Ikea had some thing sort of similar - not sure if its on the website - might be worth a look. Would be nice on the wall - away from kids and sticky fingers!

That looks so nice!!! Can you fill out surveys on [url]www.valuedopinions.co.uk[/url] ?? I've got my first £10 Argos card and I'm still waiting on another one.

you could try and make one

octobergirl;2365913

there was a thread on here a couple of days ago re a furniture store , … there was a thread on here a couple of days ago re a furniture store , they were selling lovey solid wood ones and I had some from the container clearnance company on ebay - these were the same and I can vouch for them being amazing, they are also a very beautiful piece of furniture - let me know if you are interested and I will try and find the thread

did you manage to find this thread because my parents are looking for some wood cd cabinets

Original Poster Banned

Cheers all for help so far, but still no further right now....was hoping someon maybe knew a better/cheaper etc one as to be honest never been a fan of the Argos stuff

To answer the questions though
    I want to display as just be able to slide a case out when I want it, so I know what your getting at but I need the cases, plus I like tio have something I can hold in my hand

I am USELESS at woodwork so building one is out of the question, rang my dad who loves it and asked him but his reply cant be put on a family website

And will have a go at that Midjet but no good for this as I was hoping to have something by mid week as I'm currently drowning in the piles of CD's all over my room

Original Poster Banned

This is the one I was looking at by the way, so something similar maybe would be good

]http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/8759573A65UC258664M.jpg

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2368156

interesting one ODB … interesting one ODB ?http://www.amazon.co.uk/CD-200-Media-Storage-Mahogany/dp/B0018D4RG6/ref=sr_1_55?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1214155738&sr=1-55

Yes, not quite what I'm after though sorry....plus only holds 200 CD's...

but rep given nevertheless

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2368214

Ikea ??http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/

Yh, had a look but nothing suitable in at the moment....

You're a tough customer, lol

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2368236

You're a tough customer, lol

lol....I know...just going through Amazon at mo....some good ones, but much more pricier than Argos....

I could go with multiple ones that hold a smaller number, but think its just best to get one that holds all for space...

Personally I think I might be inclined to go for something like this argos.co.uk/sta…htm and then maybe do something with the front.

Depends on your decor really. Is it going on a bare wall or have you got an alcove to fit it in ? Alcoves are made for built in CD/DVD racks and TBH they are pretty easy to knock up yourself ?

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2368452

Personally I think I might be inclined to go for something like this … Personally I think I might be inclined to go for something like this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0175636/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CFurniture+and+furnishings%7C9554238/c_2/2%7Ccat_9554238%7CStorage%7C9554357/c_3/3%7Ccat_9554357%7CCD+racks%2C+DVD+racks%2C+video+racks%7C9554366.htm and then maybe do something with the front.Depends on your decor really. Is it going on a bare wall or have you got an alcove to fit it in ? Alcoves are made for built in CD/DVD racks and TBH they are pretty easy to knock up yourself ?

Actually i have been looking at that, need to just check the height when I get back, you see my mate has the other and it looks ok, but this one might be better for the continual growing number...and like you say, I could always sort the front out some other time.

Its just gonna go in 1 of 2 places depending on size and what I'm going to move around, so I'm pretty open at the mo so long as its free standing

Best of luck ! I had to cull my collection down about your size but it's summer now and car boots usually bring in a few more , lol.
    I have to hide them when bringing them in , now that is sad !!

Original Poster Banned

hottoshop;2368563

Best of luck ! I had to cull my collection down about your size but it's … Best of luck ! I had to cull my collection down about your size but it's summer now and car boots usually bring in a few more , lol.I have to hide them when bringing them in , now that is sad !!

I'll never hide them, Music and films will always be my biggest love....but think I need a new Stereo now so maybe it will slow done for a few weeks lol

Cheers for your help mate, much appreciated:thumbsup:

lol you are welcome. I'll think of you when the next cull arrives, never know might have a few that would interest you.

Take care.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need help with home Internet dropping out please11
      2. What's the name of that brand that looks like Playstation symbols?22
      3. Do you use a case on your iPhone?99
      4. Ask and Misc quieter since for sale has gone?55

See more discussions