A little reminder about Epic Games (Fortnite) and Two-Factor Sign In

Found 6th Apr
Just a reminder, as I've had eight attempts on my Epic Games account in the past hour that you really need to be setting up Two-Factor Sign In security on your account. Or if you know anybody who plays Fortnite, just give them a gentle nudge

2922074.jpg
2922074.jpg

What is Two-Factor Sign In and how do I opt in?

We’re adding Two-Factor Sign In to provide an additional security measure for your account. If you opt into Two-Factor Sign In, we will send you an email with a code after you enter your password. Enter the code from the Epic email sent to you, and then you will be logged into your account. You will be prompted for the two-factor sign in code the first time you login after enabling the feature if you use a new device, clear browser cookies, or it’s been over 30 days since you last signed in.

To opt into Two-Factor Sign In, go to your Account Settings and click on the Password & Security tab. Scroll to the bottom and click the Enable Two-Factor Sign In button. That’s it!

Please note that your email must be verified before you can enable this feature.

It's been an on going thing since late February, early March with people noticing transactions of $100-$150 on their accounts due to the hacks. Better to be safe than sorry
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
2FA should be the default rather than an opt-in for pretty much every major service these days.
11 Comments
2FA should be the default rather than an opt-in for pretty much every major service these days.
As above, if a site offers 2FA USE IT.

If you have had 8 attempts in an hour it means your email:pass combo are clearly compromised @BuzzDuraband so i'd recommend you change it for any sites using the same email and pass
----20 m ago

If you have had 8 attempts in an hour it means your email:pass combo are …If you have had 8 attempts in an hour it means your email:pass combo are clearly compromised @BuzzDuraband so i'd recommend you change it for any sites using the same email and pass

I don't really use the same combo on website. Most of the 'important' ones are covered with 2-step, as has Epic Games for a few weeks. But yeah, the password has been changed.
BuzzDuraband5 m ago

I don't really use the same combo on website. Most of the 'important' ones …I don't really use the same combo on website. Most of the 'important' ones are covered with 2-step, as has Epic Games for a few weeks. But yeah, the password has been changed.

Basically all the "hackers" will do is find a list of email:password combinations from a leaked database such as LinkedIn or Adobe and then compile that into a large list which is run through a botting program that tries around 250 different combinations per second. Ever wondered why Rockstar's sign in page recently updated to now include a captcha?

You should check here although this site is common knowledge: haveibeenpwned.com/
----3 m ago

Basically all the "hackers" will do is find a list of email:password …Basically all the "hackers" will do is find a list of email:password combinations from a leaked database such as LinkedIn or Adobe and then compile that into a large list which is run through a botting program that tries around 250 different combinations per second. Ever wondered why Rockstar's sign in page recently updated to now include a captcha? You should check here although this site is common knowledge: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Thanks for that. Unfortunately breached on 12 seperate websites It looks like a fair few password changes may be in order.
BuzzDuraband6th Apr

Thanks for that. Unfortunately breached on 12 seperate websites It …Thanks for that. Unfortunately breached on 12 seperate websites It looks like a fair few password changes may be in order.

It really is quite shocking the number of companies that have poor security that allows tens of millions of passwords to be cracked. This is probably why 2FA was invented, or atleast a very strong case to use it
Edited by moderator: "swear filter" 7th Apr
----1 m ago

It really is quite shocking the number of companies that have p!ss poor …It really is quite shocking the number of companies that have p!ss poor security that allows tens of millions of passwords to be cracked. This is probably why 2FA was invented, or atleast a very strong case to use it

Surprisingly you hit the nail on the head above, Adobe AND LinkedIn were two of the 12

Don't suppose you've got 6 numbers for tomorrow night?
BuzzDuraband5 m ago

Surprisingly you hit the nail on the head above, Adobe AND LinkedIn were …Surprisingly you hit the nail on the head above, Adobe AND LinkedIn were two of the 12 Don't suppose you've got 6 numbers for tomorrow night?

If i had to guess another site i would say DLH.net

As for the lottery.....well if i knew i wouldn't be bargain hunting on HUKD
----52 s ago

If i had to guess another site i would say DLH.net

I'm leaving now. You're scaring me.
I have seen several attempts to login to Epicgames for my account. Thing is, I can't remember when and for what reason I set up an account with them!
Followed your advice. Within about an hour of enabling two-factor sign-in, I get an email with a code linked to an account made, apparently, in Ukraine. WTF. Presumably that means that prior to enabling it, in all likelihood, someone had accessed my account? If so, good job I don't have any payment details attached though I have linked my PSN ID as I play on PS4.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants