A Map Application

Posted 2nd Mar
Hello, can anyone think of an application that will allow me to mark on a map, various places I've visited worldwide and share that?
I thought Google Maps could do this, but maybe I'm doing it wrong.
It's not simply a case of dropping a marker on a map as such, but more like being able to identify the location and get more info on it. Pretty much the kind of info you can get out of Google Maps.

So for example (not a real example) say I wanted to mark all the branches of Marks & Spencer I've visited worldwide. Share that with someone and they are able to click each of the markers to get address details and be able to zoom right in with a satellite view or something.
It really does sound like a Google Maps function, except I can;'t find a way to do this.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
You can do this on Google Maps but it’s a little fiddly. You’ll need to sign into your Google account to create the map and you can share it with people via a link.

Check this link out...

google.co.uk/map…ps/
XO2102/03/2020 21:34

You can do this on Google Maps but it’s a little fiddly. You’ll need to sig …You can do this on Google Maps but it’s a little fiddly. You’ll need to sign into your Google account to create the map and you can share it with people via a link.Check this link out...https://www.google.co.uk/maps/about/mymaps/

Thanks. I think I've managed to get something sorted through normal Google Maps. I've created a list under 'your places' and have managed to share it, I think. Still testing.

Will take a look at your suggestion a bit later too.
Thanks.
"Maps.Me" for Android is free play.google.com/sto…_US
Most mapping software should allow you to drop pins and name them.
If you are using the Google Maps application, search up the location, then press save, then create new list.

You can add any location to your list, including notes. The list can be shared with anyone you choose.
I think you can do that with Google earth, by putting a photo at a place pin
esar03/03/2020 07:05

I think you can do that with Google earth, by putting a photo at a place …I think you can do that with Google earth, by putting a photo at a place pin

From the app...
40031133-wrwdq.jpg
I found it much easier on a PC. I'd pinned all the hotels, etc I'd visited around the world. Looking at the Open button, you must be able to import the projects into the app though. Pretty cool
There used to be a Tripadvisor map that you could mark off on this way, it was available both on Facebook and on their website if I recall correctly, but this was some years back. It was very easy to use and view cities around the world that you had visited. I always wondered why Google maps didn’t have a similar function that was so easy to use.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 3rd Mar
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants